Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Look at Bioshock Infinite.

It's March, it's been out a week.

It's Game of the Year.

Game of the Year means nothing.

If the game isn't dated in 10 years time, then maybe then it'll be considered a great game.

This is the problem with games like uncharted, last of us, etc.

They date. Really badly.

Graphics-wise, and gameplay-wise. not to mention the online servers will eventually go offline.

Will you still want to play a movie-narrative style game in 10 years when it's not the hip thing to do?

Will you still like the graphics when 2k resolution is a memory?

Jumping from block to block will never get old, because it's simple.

Who said a game has to be revolutionary to be fun? Hipsters aren't gamers.

I mean they obviously are, because just look at your comments, but not every gamer is a hipster who wants racism and religion bs shoved down their eyes, some just want a good game.

Yeah you really need online servers to play a story driven game. And you bring up racism and religion, have you even played an Uncharted game because you sound like an idiot.  Also you are suggesting that story driven games will go out of style in 10 years? What a load of carp. They have been around for as long as the Video game industry has been around.So you want to take the story out of Zelda and just have Link kill random enemies and go on to the next level? Also I am guessing that half of the Wii games look like rainbow to you because they have aged badly already.

Edited by thechamp80, 30 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#162 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

thechamp80... it's CRAP.  Not carp.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#163 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

thechamp80... it's CRAP.  Not carp.

I like carp. It's a pretty good fish to eat.

#164 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

thechamp80, on 30 Mar 2013 - 01:54, said:Yeah you really need online servers to play a story driven game. And you bring up racism and religion, have you even played an Uncharted game because you sound like an idiot.  Also you are suggesting that story driven games will go out of style in 10 years? What a load of carp. They have been around for as long as the Video game industry has been around.So you want to take the story out of Zelda and just have Link kill random enemies and go on to the next level? Also I am guessing that half of the Wii games look like carp to you because they have aged badly already.

The reference to religion and racism is very clearly pointed towards the subject of his post, Bioshock infinite, whoms hamfisted story is a horrible horrible attempt at incorporating religion into the story the same way the original bioshock incorporated randian philosophy.

Also, your zelda argument is broken as you tried to make a point about story, but instead changed the defining gameplay aspect away from zelda, a game defined by not having levels into a 'level based game'.

You are very clearly not equipped to have this argument. You should let someone more capable take over.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#165 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

http://mynintendonew...if-they-wanted/

“You heard the stupid gaffe yesterday about the Wii U,” he said. “If someone wants to take Unreal Engine 4 and ship a game on Wii U, they can! If they wanna ship an Unreal Engine 4 game on Xbox 360, they could make it happen.” While that game might not look as pretty as it would on a “true” next-gen console, the new engine is scalable to a variety of platforms, including mobile.”

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#166 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

PipoPito, on 30 Mar 2013 - 03:28, said:http://mynintendonew...if-they-wanted/

Epic really needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot withnthis crap.

PS4 cant even handle the real ur4, hes already admitted this, saying the console will need to use last gen prebaked solutions with higher resolutions instead of ur4's signature real time ilum engine (the data of which powers pretty much all other graphical upgrades).

He has already erroneously established no consoles are 'next gen' enough for ur4 to anybody with half a brain or any experience whatsoever.

Those said people with the ability to recognize that fact just so happen to be your customers mark.

THE CONTENT CONTENT PIPELINE MARK!!!!

REMEMBER THE CONTENT PIPELINE? UR4 HAS THROUGHPUT OF A QUALITY AS HIGH OR HIGHER THAN ANY LAST GEN ENGINE WITH BLAZING FAST UNPRECEDENTED CONTENT PIPELINE THROUGHPUT?

You know, the only reason anyone would buy a game engine mark? The content throughput? Remeber that? UR4 has unmatched content throughput?

ugh. This crap is getting ridiculous.

Edited by 3Dude, 30 March 2013 - 09:45 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#167 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

the ridiculous nature of his "next gen" comment wasn't bad enough. Now he's actively comparing wii u to Xbox 360 like saying unreal 4 would be the same on both.

I fully understand now why epic top talent has been leaving.

This is no longer a business that looks at things factually or objectively. It's essentially a "good ol' boy" doing whatever he wants because he wants to.

I guess we will see how that works out for him.

Unreal engine 3 has paid for itself many times over and now mr. Mark just wants free money from the Nintendo angle. Then he wants game debs to do the port work for him? And still charge them an ue4 license???

Idiot is going to drive the company to the ground.

He seems oblivious to the fact that other developers not stuck with legacy issues of the unreal engine are actually meeting or exceeding ue4 already.

And to be honest, ue4 looks like ue3. Just with more particles and better lighting. But only on pc. The ps4 demo showed lighting that looked zero like the pc version. The textures and geometry were there (just like ue3samaritan), but the lighting (main selling point of ue4) was completely absent. Looked like ue3 lighting.

Ue4 would run as well on wii u as on ps4 based on what was shown. If Nintendo ever needed to, they could even go the n64 ram Pak route and that would be that. But the ram isn't the issue. The MCM isn't the issue. Stupidity is.

And you can't fix stupid.

The only way to change this is for rein to step down.

Going by the rate at which epic is declining, I can see that happening at some point.

Every unreal engine iteration has been an amazing change from previous. Now, it's barely an upgrade at all.

Fox, Panta Rhei, look superior. The thing about ue4 latest demo is the theatrical sci fi art direction. But one thing I noticed on the soldier (who quickly donned a low poly mask to detract from the issue) and the infiltrator, was how seriously poor the faces and eyes looked. Like characters from an Xbox 360 gears 2 game.

It would be better for epic to make ue 4 for wii u. But they aren't. Natively. So that's that. Sad. But it's the case. I suppose we will see then what cryengine and Retro's engines can do in the hands of multiple developers.

It's almost like some companies are jealous of nintendos success and morals. So they conspire against them. Helps when you're making sweetheart deals with competitors.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 March 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#168 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

thechamp80, on 30 Mar 2013 - 01:54, said:Yeah you really need online servers to play a story driven game. And you bring up racism and religion, have you even played an Uncharted game because you sound like an idiot.  Also you are suggesting that story driven games will go out of style in 10 years? What a load of carp. They have been around for as long as the Video game industry has been around.So you want to take the story out of Zelda and just have Link kill random enemies and go on to the next level? Also I am guessing that half of the Wii games look like carp to you because they have aged badly already.

The reference to religion and racism is very clearly pointed towards the subject of his post, Bioshock infinite, whoms hamfisted story is a horrible horrible attempt at incorporating religion into the story the same way the original bioshock incorporated randian philosophy.

Also, your zelda argument is broken as you tried to make a point about story, but instead changed the defining gameplay aspect away from zelda, a game defined by not having levels into a 'level based game'.

You are very clearly not equipped to have this argument. You should let someone more capable take over.

You are basically saying that Bioshock Infinite isn't a good game because it's not on a Nintendo Console. If it was on the Wii U, you would be saying "OMG Best game ever, gamepad is so awesome." Don't deny it. And I should let someone more capable take over? You don't even know how to quote a post properly.

Edited by thechamp80, 30 March 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#169 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

You are basically saying that Bioshock Infinite isn't a good game because it's not on a Nintendo Console. If it was on the Wii U, you would be saying "OMG Best game ever, gamepad is so awesome." Don't deny it. And I should let someone more capable take over? You don't even know how to quote a post properly.

How scary is this game btw? I was freaked out for weeks by Bioshock and just the first 10 minutes years ago but this from the trailer looks so bright and happy lol

Jontron.jpg

#170 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

thechamp80, on 30 Mar 2013 - 06:02, said:You are basically saying that Bioshock Infinite isn't a good game because it's not on a Nintendo Console. If it was on the Wii U, you would be saying "OMG Best game ever, gamepad is so awesome." Don't deny it. And I should let someone more capable take over? You don't even know how to quote a post properly.

Being as the i am dissapointed in infinite comparatively, towards the original bioshock, which was also never on any Nintendo systems...

You look incredibly stupid right now.

Would you kindly let someone more intelligent handle your side of the argument?

Ashurii, on 30 Mar 2013 - 06:07, said:How scary is this game btw? I was freaked out for weeks by Bioshock and just the first 10 minutes years ago but this from the trailer looks so bright and happy lol

--------------------------------------------
None whatsoever. Its gone from a moody atmospheric survival horror with an amazing randian philosophy based story, to slaughter waves of enemies with a terrible religion based story.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#171 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Dude that's just your opinion. You sound like a Nintendo fanboy right now. Uncharted 2 was the consensus game of the year for 2009. It is a consensus great game by the people who get paid to review games and those who played it. Just because it's not a "Wii U exclusive" doesn't mean it's not a great game. It's not just decent. That's like calling Super Mario Galaxy just another Mario game. It was that revolutionary.

It was a linear 3PS in a year chock full of linear 3PS.  It was a movie that stopped the cutscenes every now and then and let you move a character around.  It was not a great interactive experience, it was a great story with great graphics, that's it.

Do Nintendo fans then want the same thing over & over & over again, like with Mario, Zelda & Metroid ?

New Super Mario Bros U is just the same as all the other 2D Mario games except on the WiiU it is in HD, Mario 3D Land on the 3DS is just Mario 64, the only exceptions to the rule are Mario 64 & Mario Galaxy otherwise it is just the same game each generation but with better graphics the same for Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc.

When Nintendo get stuck, what do they do, they go back into the past, a new Donkey Kong Game which is just another platform game in essence, then Yarn Yoshie yes this game does look good but yet again another platformer, where is the innovation it is no good saying here is the same old game but what is innovative about it is that you can prod the touch screen on the game pad  to do things, you have been able to do this since the DS came out.

Nintendo seem to be always looking in, when they should be looking out, becoming so insular is working against them, the average age of gamers is now in the late twenties, these people grew up with Nintendo & Nintendo needs to continue to cater for their gaming needs, these people are the ones with the money that can afford to go out & buy consoles & games, your average six year old cannot do this.

Nintendo is at a crossroads with the WiiU, people saying that the WiiU will be fine with first party titles are sticking their heads in the sand because what this is doing is saying that the third party developers are irrelevant but all this does is push the developers away & they then don't bother making games for the system, if people have not grown up with Nintendo they know nothing about it or the gaming history, so when at school one of their friends gets a Playstation they will to so that they can play the same game & also play with them online this is how things work, Nintendo needs to sort themselves out otherwise they will just become so insular that the next system they release will have even less support then the WiiU does now. 

But if Nintendo had a exlusive on Uncharted 4 would it shift WiiU consoles ?

Yes i think it would, it might not be the best game in the world ever but it sells very well & also sells consoles, there is no game like this at all on the WiiU & there doesn't look like there will be anything like it in the near future either, the only game that could is Tomb Raider 2013 but the chances of that are slim unless there is some edition released next year, but alas it will be when everyone has completed the game & it is considered old hat on the X360 & PS3 when people with X720/PS4 are looking forward to the next Tomb Raider game.

There are several Nintendo exclusives that sell better than Uncharted games.  Why even inject Uncharted in there?  We were talking about the differences between Nintendo and Sony exclusives.  Any big exclusive titles would shift consoles, as MH3U and LCU are doing right now.  Come later in the year the even bigger titles will shift even more consoles.  Neither of those games is 1st party. 

Nintendo have several IP's they can lean on to sell.  I don't understand why "going to the past" and using their IP's along with the several new ones they created on the Wii is a bad thing.  Obviously people want them, because they always sell. 

NSMBU is actually completely different from any other Mario game.  It shares the Mario ingredients, but much more was added and the levels are unique, the overworld, unique.  The powerups and additional mechanics, unique.  Borrowing concepts from the past is not a bad thing, so long as the experience is fresh and fun, and NSMBU is both of those.

Yeah you really need online servers to play a story driven game. And you bring up racism and religion, have you even played an Uncharted game because you sound like an idiot.  Also you are suggesting that story driven games will go out of style in 10 years? What a load of carp. They have been around for as long as the Video game industry has been around.So you want to take the story out of Zelda and just have Link kill random enemies and go on to the next level? Also I am guessing that half of the Wii games look like rainbow to you because they have aged badly already.

Not true, there was never enough space on early consoles to have enough backstory for it to be relevant.  What they had was a very simple premise.  Story can make games fun, but gameplay makes it stand the test of time.  Uncharted is a great series of games, no one can take that away, but they are not even on the same astral plane as many Nintendo exclusive IPs.

There are plenty of crappy Wii games out there, but many games on the Wii are still amazing and fun.  This isn't limited to the Wii, I can still play Halo (OG) and have loads of fun, even in LAN parties with my friends.  Zone of the Enders is another game I will never tire of.

Edited by routerbad, 30 March 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#172 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Wait, what? Did I just read correctly? Super Mario 3D Land is just like Mario 64? In what way?! I don't understand.

#173 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Wait, what? Did I just read correctly? Super Mario 3D Land is just like Mario 64? In what way?! I don't understand.

SM3DL is absolutely nothing like SM64.  I swear these people claim so much knowledge on these games without ever having played them.  At least I don't see how anyone could play them and think they are the same?

#174 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

SM3DL is absolutely nothing like SM64.  I swear these people claim so much knowledge on these games without ever having played them.  At least I don't see how anyone could play them and think they are the same?

They're just grasping for straws now. It's actually quite funny to read their comments. Apparently every Mario game is the same simply because Mario's in it. Please.

#175 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

It was a linear 3PS in a year chock full of linear 3PS.  It was a movie that stopped the cutscenes every now and then and let you move a character around.  It was not a great interactive experience, it was a great story with great graphics, that's it.

There are several Nintendo exclusives that sell better than Uncharted games.  Why even inject Uncharted in there?  We were talking about the differences between Nintendo and Sony exclusives.  Any big exclusive titles would shift consoles, as MH3U and LCU are doing right now.  Come later in the year the even bigger titles will shift even more consoles.  Neither of those games is 1st party. 

Nintendo have several IP's they can lean on to sell.  I don't understand why "going to the past" and using their IP's along with the several new ones they created on the Wii is a bad thing.  Obviously people want them, because they always sell. 

NSMBU is actually completely different from any other Mario game.  It shares the Mario ingredients, but much more was added and the levels are unique, the overworld, unique.  The powerups and additional mechanics, unique.  Borrowing concepts from the past is not a bad thing, so long as the experience is fresh and fun, and NSMBU is both of those.

Not true, there was never enough space on early consoles to have enough backstory for it to be relevant.  What they had was a very simple premise.  Story can make games fun, but gameplay makes it stand the test of time.  Uncharted is a great series of games, no one can take that away, but they are not even on the same astral plane as many Nintendo exclusive IPs.

There are plenty of crappy Wii games out there, but many games on the Wii are still amazing and fun.  This isn't limited to the Wii, I can still play Halo (OG) and have loads of fun, even in LAN parties with my friends.  Zone of the Enders is another game I will never tire of.

I take it that you have not played New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS.

What Nintendo need to do is spend some of their money & buy up some developer ti inject something fresh & new, someone that has a different idea to the Nintendo standard model, people criticize the CoD games that they are just the same thing over & over again, but so is Mario, if you ask someone to name the generic FPS game they will say CoD, if you ask someone to name the generic platform game they will say Mario, there is nothing really wrong with Mario, but can you not see my point ?

Every Nintendo system people always say that the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid game will save it would there be anything wrong with something new to add to that list, why not a action adventure game in the style of Tomb Raider or Uncharted, what Nintendo needs is games to grab peoples attention, everyone even most on here say how bad the Nintendo advertising is, yet when people see adverts for Uncharted or Tomb Raider people sit up,i remember being in a cinema & they had a Uncharted 2 trailer on before the film, now it may not be the best game in the world ever, it is better than the first game, but anyway it looked amazing, it grabbed peoples attention, it was something different, if you were not a fan of Nintendo game & you say a advert for NSMBU you would just say/think it's just another mario game that i have seen before.

I have had most of the Nintendo consoles over the years & i am just getting tired of the same thing, the PS & Xbox has a very wide range of games on offer, the Nintendo consoles do not, that is what i am getting at, people have said how good Batman, Mass Effect & NFS-MW are on the WiiU & this is because games like this have not been on a Nintendo console before, look how people still go on about Goldeneye on the N64 where are these games now for the WiiU Nintendo lost Rare yes but they never replaced them.

#176 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

reading his so called updated comments confirmes he has issues with nintendo that wont go away. so he says oh if a developers wants to make a game on unreal 4 for the Wii U they can... then he also says they can also do it for xbox 360. to me he seems like he is going out of his way to say Wii U is on same level as 360 and somewhat in the same generation.

Edited by GAMER1984, 31 March 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#177 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

reading his so called updated comments confirmes he has issues with nintendo that wont go away. so he says oh if a developers wants to make a game on unreal 4 for the Wii U they can... then he also says they can also do it for xbox 360. to me he seems like he is going out of his way to say Wii U is on same level as 360 and somewhat in the same generation.

That's exactly what he's doing.

Purposely.

He knows that the gpu is light years ahead and a true next gen unit.

He also knows the CPU has more fundamentals in common with ps4 than 360.

And he knows the wii u ram setup is just about perfect.

But he showed his true colors with his "gaffe" when he basically laughed at the wii u and did it in a way to put Nintendo down and encourage everyone there to do the same.

He only somewhat reverted to his previous stance because people thought he was very unprofessional.

The only reason that a version of ue4 that rivals the ps4 version isn't on wii u is because mark doesn't want it to happen. He thinks "fortnite" is somehow more worthwhile.

#178 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

That's exactly what he's doing.

Purposely.

He knows that the gpu is light years ahead and a true next gen unit.

He also knows the CPU has more fundamentals in common with ps4 than 360.

And he knows the wii u ram setup is just about perfect.

But he showed his true colors with his "gaffe" when he basically laughed at the wii u and did it in a way to put Nintendo down and encourage everyone there to do the same.

He only somewhat reverted to his previous stance because people thought he was very unprofessional.

The only reason that a version of ue4 that rivals the ps4 version isn't on wii u is because mark doesn't want it to happen. He thinks "fortnite" is somehow more worthwhile.

Agreed.

Developers should be like children, let them speak if spoken to in my view. That's why many third parties don't like Nintendo. It's funny how those very same devs are the most obnoxious and spiteful overall.

Nintendo are like a strict old school employer that makes you scared to make them angry or let them down which in turn results in faster, higher standards in workmanship (better quality games).

Edited by Forza Juventus, 31 March 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#179 out2win

out2win

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Come on both Frostbite 3 and UE4 runns on wii u, it´s all abouth how mutch time programmers whant to putt on it. And one more thing No one! knows the real power of the wii u, Every thing on the net is speculated and estimated.  

Sorry for my bad english 

Edited by out2win, 31 March 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#180 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Come on both Frostbite 3 and UE4 runns on wii u, it´s all abouth how mutch time programmers whant to putt on it. And one more thing No one! knows the real power of the wii u, Every thing on the net is speculated and estimated.  

Sorry for my bad english 

At this point in time they don't run on it, they can with some modification/scaling but it doesn't seem that they were designed with the Wii U in mind.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!