• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bubub12

Bubub12

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

hey all, i hv a really briliant idea....( i think)

can the forum admins make one featured topic that let users to buy/sell used or new wii u games w other users....

so the topic will be separated regionally, europe, us, australia, asia....

so users from all around the world can meet with other users from their region and do bussiness....

bcuse there is no forum out there that officially let users buy or sell new or used games...

thnks

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Things like this never work out. You'll end up having people rip others off and besides, this isn't an auction house. There are sites dedicated to selling stuff, y'know. Use Craig's list, Ebay, Amazon, Kijiji, etc. I don't see the point in making one on this site.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Do you actually mean "meet" in real life, or exchange details via PM/Texts? We had something similar this back on mkw.com where our Admin would post these deals and members could buy them on ebay.  I think it's a good idea, but it would need a lot of proper thought/evaluation before the idea is gone through with effectively. It would be easy to scam members and walk away with the money and the game itself. 

Shame really, some people are just like that. I rather buy used games from one of you guys then Scamstop or some other third party retailer. 

Edited by Zinix, 07 April 2013 - 07:27 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

hey all, i hv a really briliant idea....( i think)

can the forum admins make one featured topic that let users to buy/sell used or new wii u games w other users....

so the topic will be separated regionally, europe, us, australia, asia....

so users from all around the world can meet with other users from their region and do bussiness....

bcuse there is no forum out there that officially let users buy or sell new or used games...

thnks

Something like this exists in the Famicom World forums.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Do what I do, if you've got something to sell and someone says they want that something, tell them to make an offer and you'll put it on ebay for them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Do what I do, if you've got something to sell and someone says they want that something, tell them to make an offer and you'll put it on ebay for them.

I still want that 3ds...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

At it's basics, it seems like a good idea.  But the main issue is that I personally wouldn't have the time to manage such a thing, let alone making sure scams don't happen.  An ebay PM seems almost like the mostsecure way, even though it still has plenty of flaws...

As for now, I'll leave this open for more discussion, but I pretty cant really do such a thing with my current schedule...

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

This wouldn't work, with all of the trolls on here and such.

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Not a good idea. If someone defaults it can lead to rivalries and harsh feelings.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Things like this never work out. You'll end up having people rip others off and besides, this isn't an auction house. There are sites dedicated to selling stuff, y'know. Use Craig's list, Ebay, Amazon, Kijiji, etc. I don't see the point in making one on this site.

Ebay is horrible so many cheaters on it. CL is surprising a lot better but I go with Amazon myself 

Jontron.jpg

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Ebay is horrible so many cheaters on it. CL is surprising a lot better but I go with Amazon myself 

Yeah, I don't even use Ebay anymore. Amazon has surpassed Ebay, as far as I'm concerned. More trustworthy people.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Amazon and craigs list aren't really options for foreigners though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

This wouldn't work, with all of the trolls on here and such.

We have a "buy/sell/trade" subforum on srtforums.com that works fairly well.  Users are required to have 50 posts before they are able to access it, have zero warning points, and if there is an issue, they are labeled a "scammer" and forum rules require all sales are made through paypal so the buyer is protected if no product is delivered.  There is also an itrade score associated with each person's profile that lets people see their past sales ebay style.  They are divided by region (and sub region in the US) and pictures showing the date timestamp and the seller's username written on something in the frame are required.  heavily moderated, each thread has to be approved by mods, who look at every picture and all of the details prior to approval.

Found a ridiculously good deal on a GCN with 20 games, two controllers, and a memory card for $30 on Craigslist.  I already had a gamecube, but I couldn't pass it up.  Still have the spare.

Edited by routerbad, 08 April 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

I have ebay and Amazon, that's enough for me lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idea, sell, buy, second, hand, used, wiiu, game, feed, back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!