• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Silverfox2013

Silverfox2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hello, I've just recently bought a Wii U and I'm currently playing Super Mario U on it which is causing a pain in my thumb. Does anyone else suffer from this? I had the same issue with the 3DS and PSvita but fixed it by buying a hand grip controller add on. Does anyone else suffer from this? Thoughts?

#2 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hello, I've just recently bought a Wii U and I'm currently playing Super Mario U on it which is causing a pain in my thumb. Does anyone else suffer from this? I had the same issue with the 3DS and PSvita but fixed it by buying a hand grip controller add on. Does anyone else suffer from this? Thoughts?

I get hand cramps when using the 360 controller, but am fine with the Wii U gamepad

PS: Has anyone else noticed the side view of the Wii U gamepad pro look exactly like the Nunchuck on side profile?

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I have no clue. I have big hands though.

I have no clue. I have big hands though.

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Never even heard of such a thing before :s (besides when am holding the nintendo 3ds with 1 hand as i play kid icarus)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Silverfox2013

Silverfox2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think it could be because I'm holding one button to run and pressing another with the middle of my thumb to jump. Could be just the Super Mario control scheme. I have yet to try another game. I did get it on the Vita and 3DS though. It seems to be controls that don't have the grip things on them. I have looked at getting a grip add on but at the moment they are limited to shipping from China on Ebay.

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I used to suffer the same problem as you, but then my life was changed when i purchased the Hand E Massage

#7 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

No, but my girlfriend has a problem with holding y/x and pressing b/a at the same time.
Other than that, it's really comfortable.

FmEkJ2.gif

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

There is a condition known as Nintendinitis aka Nintendo Thumb & gamer's grip, 

http://en.wikipedia..../Nintendo_thumb

Edited by alan666, 18 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#9 Silverfox2013

Silverfox2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Possibly but the problem is I'm generally a PC gamer and hardly use these controllers so I don't see how I'm developed this problem. Its because my thumb is bent perhaps? As this doesn't happen with a mouse or 360 controller. People do have this problem with the 3DS (like me) so I'm shocked people don't suffer from the same problem with the Wii U. I'm guessing I'll have to deal with it until the grip add becomes available with Amazon which I bet they will do.

#10 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I am generally PC gamer too, and have no problems with Wii U GamePad... It is the most comfortable controller ever created by my standards. I used many, many, many controllers including Dual Shock 1,2,3; Xbox Game Pad, Xbox 360 gamepad... Wii U GamePad beats them like Chuck Norris beats terrorists in Delta Force...

Edited by dragomix, 18 April 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#11 Silverfox2013

Silverfox2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yeah its just my thumb doesn't agree with these controllers. Maybe it will get better over time? Hopefully...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pain, Gamepad, Thumb pain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!