#21 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Simon the SorcererTekkenQuintetZelda

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sorry, but I don't like that idea. Many people would refuse to pay a Wii game they already own. Well that's what I think. I dunno. 

I'm not saying anyone would like it, but it is what Nintendo has done in the past.
During the Wii's life we had a handful of titles from the Gamecube which were made to be played with motion controls, the new play control! series, with games such as Mario Power Tennis.

But your right many people wouldn't want to pay for games they already own, but hey I don't own Xenoblades yet so I really wouldn't mind that being rereleased on the Wii U Eshop for instance. But if they were released as Eshop titles and didn't hamper the development of new games, who'd be complaining? :P

This is what I want and I really hope Nintendo starts doing it soon (as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of new titles). Who wouldn't want Metroid Prime HD Trilogy, Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword HD double pack, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 HD double pack etc.? Or even just sold separately as eShop titles? The Wii had some of the best Nintendo games ever made and there are definitely some I would rebuy so I could play them in HD and on the gamepad.

Indeed!

#22 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

This is what I want and I really hope Nintendo starts doing it soon (as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of new titles). Who wouldn't want Metroid Prime HD Trilogy, Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword HD double pack, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 HD double pack etc.? Or even just sold separately as eShop titles? The Wii had some of the best Nintendo games ever made and there are definitely some I would rebuy so I could play them in HD and on the gamepad.

Agreed.  It would be nice to see that done, especially since the PAL version Twilight Princess was very blurry (even more than NTSC version).  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#23 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm not saying anyone would like it, but it is what Nintendo has done in the past.
During the Wii's life we had a handful of titles from the Gamecube which were made to be played with motion controls, the new play control! series, with games such as Mario Power Tennis.

But your right many people wouldn't want to pay for games they already own, but hey I don't own Xenoblades yet so I really wouldn't mind that being rereleased on the Wii U Eshop for instance. But if they were released as Eshop titles and didn't hamper the development of new games, who'd be complaining? :P

But that's it, I don't want Nintendo be busy remaking Super Mario Galaxy + 2 if we could get a newer game, say a New 3D mario game, or Zelda or anything BUT REMAKES. That's just my view. 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#24 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think they could emulate it on the GamePad with a system update, however like 3Dude said, the Wii isn't compatible with the Architecture unless its in Wii mode, however seeing that the GAMEPAD has upgradable firmware this could allow compatibility. The sensor bar could be used or the actual GamePad controls could be emulated as a classic controller (pro)
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#25 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

But that's it, I don't want Nintendo be busy remaking Super Mario Galaxy + 2 if we could get a newer game, say a New 3D mario game, or Zelda or anything BUT REMAKES. That's just my view. 

I agree, if it interfered with the production of new titles then I would prefer they just concentrated solely on new titles. However I don't think it would take up too much time to release HD ports of Wii and Gamecube games as I am not talking about full HD remakes like Windwaker, more like Hitman HD collection, Prince of Persia HD Trilogy, and Rachet and Clank HD collection.

#26 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I agree, if it interfered with the production of new titles then I would prefer they just concentrated solely on new titles. However I don't think it would take up too much time to release HD ports of Wii and Gamecube games as I am not talking about full HD remakes like Windwaker, more like Hitman HD collection, Prince of Persia HD Trilogy, and Rachet and Clank HD collection.

Yea, we seriously need Gamecube VC games like now lol

#27 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Agreed.  It would be nice to see that done, especially since the PAL version Twilight Princess was very blurry (even more than NTSC version).  

Yeah the blurry graphics plus the crappy "waggle" wiimote controls make the game almost unplayable for me. If it wasn't a Zelda game it would be unplayable.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Is it?
I think the real reason is Nintendo know the wii was heavily open to pirates, allowing the wii mode to get anywhere near wii u stuff would potentially open that door to the wii u.
It is. Nintendo did nothing to stop pirates, its the same security system, they cracked wii u faster than wii. Hell Nintendo helped them by forgetting to strip the binaries.

Its already hacked, they hacked it the exact same way they hacked the wii, the only reason it hasnt been done in a release to the public is because fail overflow says they just dont care, and dont see enough people who care.

Security architecture and the actual system architecture are entirely different things.

Like stated in iwata asks, they have some original wii circuits in the wii u that are dormant in wii u mode, as well as circuits that can convert to wii circuits (likely by closing off certain logic gates).

Theres a pretty clear break in compatability (my money is on most of its coming from latte, since the 750gx can run mostly compatable with the og 750 and even 740).

Without that specialized hardware nintendo would need to emulate the tev, which wouldnt be hard, it would just be time/resource/money consuming and sloppy. Compatability wouldnt be 100%, Nintendo would have to constantly update using user feedback on which games were broken or glitchy.

Now that option is still available, although i seriously doubt nintendo will persue it. They have their hands full already. Homebrew would, easily, what i described above is done with every emulator ever, and it wouldnt even be full emulation. id imagine one of the first homebrew apps would be wii on gamepad.... But, fail overflow is done with wii u. Nobody seems interested at all in the wii u homebrew scene.

According to fail overflow, its because you can get emulators and homebrew on smart devices that are incredibly common place. So no one really cares anymore.

Edited by 3Dude, 02 June 2013 - 10:41 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Oh man, I'd love to play Brawl on my gamepad. Doubt they'd do that with Kerfuffle just around the corner.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#30 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah the blurry graphics plus the crappy "waggle" wiimote controls make the game almost unplayable for me. If it wasn't a Zelda game it would be unplayable.

I still haven't finished it, actually :-/  I'm a bit embarrassed to say so but, to be honest, those two issues were just too much for me (the blurry graphics more than the waggle - my eyes hurt when I play!!).  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#31 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Guys remember, what I said: I didn't say that I want to use my gamepad as a controller to play Wii games. Just simply use it as a TV screen to play Wii games. So it'd still be in Wiimode and stuff. I'm pretty sure they can do that, can't they?

#32 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

I still haven't finished it, actually :-/  I'm a bit embarrassed to say so but, to be honest, those two issues were just too much for me (the blurry graphics more than the waggle - my eyes hurt when I play!!).  

Ahaha no need to be embarrassed, I havn't completed it either! Right near the end of the game too :L had the game since launch of the Wii aswell.
But that's because I've been waiting to buy Skyward sword so I can just move on as soon as its done.

#33 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Guys remember, what I said: I didn't say that I want to use my gamepad as a controller to play Wii games. Just simply use it as a TV screen to play Wii games. So it'd still be in Wiimode and stuff. I'm pretty sure they can do that, can't they?

I guess I didn't mention that i think that idea is a bit silly. The screen is tiny and i would imagine it would be difficult to use wii remotes on it since it has such a small sensor. Maybe they could do it, but I dont want them to and i dont think they ever will.

Ahaha no need to be embarrassed, I havn't completed it either! Right near the end of the game too :L had the game since launch of the Wii aswell.
But that's because I've been waiting to buy Skyward sword so I can just move on as soon as its done.

You guys need to power through the poor quality graphics and poor controls to get to the final boss. It's one of my favourite Zelda boss battles, especially the sword fight with ganondorf.

#34 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

I guess I didn't mention that i think that idea is a bit silly. The screen is tiny and i would imagine it would be difficult to use wii remotes on it since it has such a small sensor. Maybe they could do it, but I dont want them to and i dont think they ever will.

No, you use the sensor plugged in the Wii U, you just use the Wii U gamepad to play with it, and believe it or not my brother and I,once, played NSMBU only with the gamepad :P

#35 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

No, you use the sensor plugged in the Wii U, you just use the Wii U gamepad to play with it, and believe it or not my brother and I,once, played NSMBU only with the gamepad :P

Wait but if you are able to use the sensor attached to the Wii U, why wouldn't you be able to use the tv?

Yeah it would be fine with something like mario bros. but most wii games have motion based controls which could be a bit annoying on a tiny screen.

#36 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wait but if you are able to use the sensor attached to the Wii U, why wouldn't you be able to use the tv?

Yeah it would be fine with something like mario bros. but most wii games have motion based controls which could be a bit annoying on a tiny screen.

Eeerr, if someone is watching TV, or if you don't have a TV. Why do you think there is something called off-screen play.

#37 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

You guys need to power through the poor quality graphics and poor controls to get to the final boss. It's one of my favourite Zelda boss battles, especially the sword fight with ganondorf.

But then if Nintendo did release an HD version I'd be less inclined to play it again (just because I usually don't play games twice unless they're monumental like OoT) and would feel like I had missed out by not waiting...so...keeping my fingers crossed for now! :) I still have the disc so I'll just play it in a few years if it looks like it's really not going to happen.  I have plenty of other Zelda games to play in the mean time.....like Oracle of Ages/Seasons that just came out on eShop!!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#38 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

I think they should allow us to use Wii U pro controller with Wii games

#39 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

The pro controller could emmulate a wii remote with a classic controller connected, but I think the emulation is hardware level and can't be easily changed.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#40 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've never been too fussed about the graphics; I always thought they were great! But that’s because I've largely stuck to playing it on my Wii which is hooked up to a nice old 30" SD TV.
I just don't want to have finished the game before I have skyward sword to move on to :L

I think they should allow us to use Wii U pro controller with Wii games

I hadn’t really considered that, but That would be a great bonus use of that controller! :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Wii U, Gamepad, Games, compatibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!