You already said too much, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  :P

I am Cloud. :P

#122 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

That doesnt even matter. He cant even use wikipedia because his knowledge base is so lacking.

He thinks raw integer performance=dmips, not understanding it takes thousands of integer operations to complete a single dhrystone. Its a synthetic benchmark that simulates a realworld program. HE thinks one integer operation=dmip.... hence is not goodly inflated/made up numbers.

But more hilarious than that, he thinks jaguar (ps4/xbones cpu) is amd's pilediver, successor to bulldozer, amd's highest end cpu meant to compete with i7, which is the processor he linked to on wiki. When in actuality, jaguar is the successor to BOBCAT amd's low end/low power processor line used for net books and laptops

I'm ashamed I didn't notice that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#123 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Jaguar is an x86 chip, meaning that it is generally the same architecture as the first x86-64 chips of 2006. Anything else would be incompatible with Windows and such unless Microsoft rewrote the os for that platform.

Espresso, while being based on the Power architecture, is under the full control of Nintendo which can tailor the chip to handle the exact workload that gaming requires. X86 on the other hand has to be more of a generic chip that handles anything from gaming to daemons/services to Microsoft Office, meaning that not all of it's processing abilities are directly usable for gaming.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#124 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Jaguar is an x86 chip, meaning that it is generally the same architecture as the first x86-64 chips of 2006. Anything else would be incompatible with Windows and such unless Microsoft rewrote the os for that platform.

Espresso, while being based on the Power architecture, is under the full control of Nintendo which can tailor the chip to handle the exact workload that gaming requires. X86 on the other hand has to be more of a generic chip that handles anything from gaming to daemons/services to Microsoft Office, meaning that not all of it's processing abilities are directly usable for gaming.

Microsoft Office for Xbox One :P

#125 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

No, it has a similar instruction set.  Actual architecture varies greatly between even x86 cores, otherwise they would never need to iterate and create "better" versions of the same architecture.  Just like FLOPS only tells part of the story with graphics instructions, x86 only relays that it is compatible with the x86 instruction set, and more recently, it also confers that it is also compatible with the 64 bit extensions to the x86 instruction set.

#126 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nevertheless, it's supports the x86 instruction set in it's entirety, even parts unneeded for gaming.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#127 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

I showed my friend Nano Assault Neo, and he said I mus have a good gaming rig (note: my PC is terrible). When people think your console looks like a good gaming PC, you know you're no slouch in the power department. 

#128 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

I showed my friend Nano Assault Neo, and he said I mus have a good gaming rig (note: my PC is terrible). When people think your console looks like a good gaming PC, you know you're no slouch in the power department.

I really need to play that game.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#129 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I really need to play that game.

Me too.

#130 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Me too.

Me three.

Maybe I should get it and Trine 2. Then I'll have enough Club Nintendo points for Super Mario Bros. 3! :3

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#131 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Me three.

Maybe I should get it and Trine 2. Then I'll have enough Club Nintendo points for Super Mario Bros. 3! :3

Also keep in mind, Trine 2 is only $9.99 right now, half its normal price.

Edited by Amnesia, 06 June 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#132 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Exactly. Even though the specs may appear to be beast most of it is going to be used on multitasking only leaving a small portion for gaming. Tne Wii U doesn't need the specs because it doesn't need to multitask.

Signature_DK.png

#133 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Exactly. Even though the specs may appear to be beast most of it is going to be used on multitasking only leaving a small portion for gaming. Tne Wii U doesn't need the specs because it doesn't need to multitask.

I'm sure you know this, but it still multitasks well though. I was using the browser while playing Super Metroid VC, switching back and forth without disrupting the game progress.

#134 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sure you know this, but it still multitasks well though. I was using the browser while playing Super Metroid VC, switching back and forth without disrupting the game progress.

Just not as much as the Xbox One.

Signature_DK.png

#135 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

That may be part of why the Wiiu  locks half the ram to  the OS, since the browser DOES allow 6 tabs, which can possibly eat up quite a bit of ram, and it has to do it without eating into the game resorses.

#136 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

That may be part of why the Wiiu  locks half the ram to  the OS, since the browser DOES allow 6 tabs, which can possibly eat up quite a bit of ram, and it has to do it without eating into the game resorses.

I've even heard some of the OS RAM can be used for games. Not sure about the accuracy of the theory though.

#137 ccccombo

ccccombo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Wii U isn't underpowered. It's on par with what's affordable and modern at this point in time. The PS3 and 360 were actually overpowered for their time, which is why they were expensive (even moreso to manufacture) and prone to breaking down. The Wii was underpowered. The PS4 and XB1 might be again slightly overpowered, but not to the same extent as the last generation, and their price will reflect that.

Side-note: the Xb1 and Ps4 are so similar, hardware-wise, how could anyone buy both and not feel ripped off? Hackers might even be able to make games run on either system in a couple years.

#138 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Wii U isn't underpowered. It's on par with what's affordable and modern at this point in time. The PS3 and 360 were actually overpowered for their time, which is why they were expensive (even moreso to manufacture) and prone to breaking down. The Wii was underpowered. The PS4 and XB1 might be again slightly overpowered, but not to the same extent as the last generation, and their price will reflect that.

Side-note: the Xb1 and Ps4 are so similar, hardware-wise, how could anyone buy both and not feel ripped off? Hackers might even be able to make games run on either system in a couple years.

Um, the PS4 is more powerful than the XBox One. By at least 50 percent it looks like.

#139 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Um, the PS4 is more powerful than the XBox One. By at least 50 percent it looks like.

ya but who knows how much will accually focus on games.... i mean  there was alot in the Ps3 that devs could not touch.... and i mean  lots.

#140 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

ya but who knows how much will accually focus on games.... i mean  there was alot in the Ps3 that devs could not touch.... and i mean  lots.

Well the PS4 isn't using Cell, so I don't know what couldn't be touched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!