Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

POPULAR

Hello fellow Wii U people,

I haven't actually owned a piece of Nintendo hardware since the N64. When I was in elementary school, the N64 came out and amazed me. I still own it, my NES and my Game Boy Color and enjoy them to this day. However, when Nintendo announced the GameCube, it did not do much to excite me, so I went with PS2. After that, Sony and Nintendo failed to grasp my attention and I went with the 360.

This time around, I've been following the console announcements closely and I have to say that this hardware generation is disappointing. All the download-only hardware like the GameStick and OUYA are interesting, but not really for me. I watched Sony's announcement of the PS4 and it sounded like they had no idea what they were doing. Then I watched Microsoft's One announcement. I know MS still has yet to clear up the numerous rumors about the One, but thus far it appears to be the most consumer-abusive product in the gaming world. Kinect spying on me, used game fees, ambiguous connectivity requirements for online, more LIVE subscriptions, TV, TV, TV, TV, TV, TV, NFL, Sports, TV and a unit that looks like the Philips CD-I 220 model... meh... not for me. The used game issue is big for me, as I buy many games used (also a reason why I don't PC game much).

So I turned to Nintendo. They have physical and downloadable copies of games. I can do whatever I want with my used games. No subscription fees. No sensor spying on me. No constant online connection required. I avoided the Wii because it appeared very gimmicky with all the shovelware coming out in lieu of the motion controllers, but now that the Wii U is out, I see a console that plays games well and doesn't force me to bend over and take it. I bought the black 32 gig yesterday and I am very happy with it.

Other than gaming, I play soccer, play drums, work in IT at a big scary insurance firm and live a quiet existence with my wife.

Here's hoping for another killer Zelda game,

Xerocks

- Physical media forever!

#2 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

HOW COULD YOU MISS THE GAMECUBE, BEST CONSOLE SYSTEM EVER (I do believe that)

On a more serious note, Welcome to the Wii U forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here. And yes, I hope Nintendo will come out with some great titles for the Wii U. And I agree with teh Xbox one TV stuff. It's very unnecessary 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#3 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Welcome from the world of tomorrow!

Bring the noise.

#4 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Xerocks, on 02 Jun 2013 - 3:31 PM, said:Hello fellow Wii U people,
I haven't actually owned a piece of Nintendo hardware since the N64. When I was in elementary school, the N64 came out and amazed me. I still own it, my NES and my Game Boy Color and enjoy them to this day. However, when Nintendo announced the GameCube, it did not do much to excite me, so I went with PS2. After that, Sony and Nintendo failed to grasp my attention and I went with the 360.
This time around, I've been following the console announcements closely and I have to say that this hardware generation is disappointing. All the download-only hardware like the GameStick and OUYA are interesting, but not really for me. I watched Sony's announcement of the PS4 and it sounded like they had no idea what they were doing. Then I watched Microsoft's One announcement. I know MS still has yet to clear up the numerous rumors about the One, but thus far it appears to be the most consumer-abusive product in the gaming world. Kinect spying on me, used game fees, ambiguous connectivity requirements for online, more LIVE subscriptions, TV, TV, TV, TV, TV, TV, NFL, Sports, TV and a unit that looks like the Philips CD-I 220 model... meh... not for me. The used game issue is big for me, as I buy many games used (also a reason why I don't PC game much).
So I turned to Nintendo. They have physical and downloadable copies of games. I can do whatever I want with my used games. No subscription fees. No sensor spying on me. No constant online connection required. I avoided the Wii because it appeared very gimmicky with all the shovelware coming out in lieu of the motion controllers, but now that the Wii U is out, I see a console that plays games well and doesn't force me to bend over and take it. I bought the black 32 gig yesterday and I am very happy with it.
Other than gaming, I play soccer, play drums, work in IT at a big scary insurance firm and live a quiet existence with my wife.
Xerocks

Welcome home, my friend. I'm guessing we're around the same age; I also live a quiet existence with my wife, and N64 came out while I was in elementary school as well.

We're gonna get our killer Zelda, I guarantee you that. In the mean time, an HD, completly re-made version of Zelda: Wind Waker (originally on Gamecube) is coming to Wii U this Fall. It has high praise from those who've played it. I missed it because I was a snooty high school kid (Cel shaded cartoon look), even though I somehow managed to play and thoroughly enjoy Super Mario Sunshine. Go figure.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hello fellow Wii U people,

Xerocks

Love your pic. I am avidly against DRM crap also. Well welcome aboard.

Signature_DK.png

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Welcome! Have you ever tried the DS and 3DS?
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#8 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

My younger brother has a 3DS, but I have only ever touched it a couple times. I've never really given that handheld much thought.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Hello and welcome to our forums, I hope you enjoy your stay :D

#10 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Sweet! What games did you happen to get for the Wii U?

#11 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

I got NintendoLand (obviously), Mass Effect 3 and RE: Revelations. I'll be getting the Mario game soon as well.

#12 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Nice! I didn't pick up Mass Effect or RE:R, but I already had Resident Evil for the 3DS. How is it for WIi U?

Also, good choice with Mario. Definitely my favorite New Super Mario Bros game

#13 Timb0slice13

Timb0slice13

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • NNID:Timb0Slice13
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty,

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I personally love RE for the Wii U. I haven't been able to play any of the others that have come out since RE 4 (which is one of the greatest games I have played) I do recommend it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii un64, nes, game boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!