Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

All of us will whine and moan and complain.... and because they are weak they will give into our demands and we will get the DLC

Because good things dont come to those who dont B!tch about it...

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

@Zinix: Assassins Creed 3 (I think) Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Injustice.

Edited by Eren Jaegermeister, 02 June 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

This unicorn tongue has to stop.
No sig.

#24 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Where did you find dev's saying it was difficult to do DLC on the Wii U? I'm curious about that, since they're trying to be more indie friendly and everything, one would think they would make DLC an easy process as well

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Dealthstroke DLC was confirmed by Amazon, we contacted them to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

http://nintendoenthu...-wii-u-is-a-go/

#26 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

I find it ironic devs don't support Wii U features and DLC then they whine about sells. Go fig.

right, because i certainly was ready to get this game for Wii-u, now i'm going to wait for Game of the Year edition, whether that be PS3 or Wii-u, will not be buying day one, if at all.

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Has any game for the Wii U received DLC support yet at this point? I don't think so. It also has to be a game that's not made by Nintendo studios.

Assassin's Creed 3 got all of the DLC, as well as Just Dance 4.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think Warner Bros. is better than EA in a sense. At least they're not abandoning the console like EA is. They're still putting out games, albeit some are missing their DLC/DLC comes later then the other versions.

#29 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Assassin's Creed 3 got all of the DLC, as well as Just Dance 4.

Plus Tecmo Koei is still bringing DLC for Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper to the Wii U as well.

Here's the latest DLC WO3 fans have gotten:

http://www.gonintend...story&id=203861

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#30 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

I guarantee you WB will be crying about Wii U sales of the game in a few months. Just like Activision who wouldn't have to complain if they released COD DLC and didn't give us shovelwarelike Wipeout. If a dev plays their cards wrong they don't have a right to complain about a thing.

Signature_DK.png

#31 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I was surprised to learn Death Stroke was DLC at all. I thought he was one of the main draws for the game...

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Dealthstroke DLC was confirmed by Amazon, we contacted them to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

http://nintendoenthu...-wii-u-is-a-go/

bump

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#33 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Faith in WB restored.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

It's Nintendo's doing. DLC already exists on Wii U. It's been stated by numerous devs that their DLC goes through strict tests over at Nintendo, who have the right to deny if they don't like it. As a result, a lot of devs don't want to alter their DLC because Nintendo said so.

I believe Microsoft have even stricter policies than that.

The problem with Nintendo is the lack of communication and long lead times between showing them your dlc and them saying it's okay or not.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

This is just getting stupid now, Wii U is fully capable of running DLC, isn't it free to put it on the eShop aswell? I'm sure MS charge devs about $4000 per DLC pack or something to put them on XBL, I'm also sure MS charge a bit less for updates and patches too that's why everyone was worrying about the Minecraft XBL Updates and weather they would be free or not. Shouldn't companies like MS be the ones getting boned or what?

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

The problem with Nintendo is the lack of communication and long lead times between showing them your dlc and them saying it's okay or not.

BINGO.  They all require testing before DLC can be published because they host the data on their own servers and have to accept payment for it, making them the defacto target if there is an issue.

And yes, Microsoft has always been the most restrictive, for patching, DLC, you name it, even for indies, who can rarely afford to put up with the costs associated with patching XBIG content.

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Nintendo really needs to keep up on top with that.

Signature_DK.png

#38 ManchesterBlack

ManchesterBlack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:ManchesterBlack
  • Fandom:
    All of Nintendo's series

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

I went from extremely angry to extremely happy in just a few seconds. Oh the emotions!

Super excited about this and glad I can still count on Warner Bro's for all my Wii U needs, I wish they would port Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.

Going to pre-order Origins soon for the Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!