YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

platform"

In a rare and shocking move, EA confirmed last month that there will be no FIFA 14 on Wii Ufollowing "disappointing" sales of FIFA 13 on the console. Likewise, other EA sports titles, including Madden NFL 25 will also skip the Nintendo machine.

And while the firm's CFO Blake Jorgensen pledged that the firm does have games in development for Wii U -despite prior reports - he admitted that it's "not anywhere near as many as we are for PS or Xbox".

Gibeau told Joystiq this week that Nintendo must "sell more boxes" for EA to resume full support for the platform.

"Look, the only thing they can do to fix it is to sell more boxes. We're a rational company, we go where the audience is. We publish games where we think we can make a great game and hit a big audience, and make money. That's why we're here, that's why we have an industry," said Gibeau.

"The Wii U, we shipped four games. We shipped Madden, FIFA, Need for Speed and Mass Effect. In fact, the last Need for Speed shipped 60 days ago had a pretty good Metacritic. It was a good game. It wasn't a schlocky port, we actually put extra effort into getting everything to work. And it's just not selling because there's no boxes," he added.

http://www.computera...iable-platform/

Oh EA, where will we be without you? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

POPULAR

Looks like partnering with Microsoft backfired.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

platform"

http://www.computera...iable-platform/

Oh EA, where will we be without you? 

I dunno, maybe kids would be outside playing REAL sports instead of playing video game sports? What has society become?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

A little advice to EA..... GAMES SELL CONSOLES. I know...... an earth-shattering revelation.

Edit: Yes, NFS:MW U was an excellent effort, but the other games were either lazy efforts or neglected as far as features and DLC. Nice try, EA...

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 14 June 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

''...and make money.''

American-Psycho-006.jpg

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

''...and make money.''

American-Psycho-006.jpg
Well, it is a business, an people need to be paid, so they need to make money. Why does no one get that here?

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

I dunno, maybe kids would be outside playing REAL sports instead of playing video game sports? What has society become?!

What if I want to play both. Fifa is fun.

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

What if I want to play both. Fifa is fun.

Thennn you get the best of both worlds! Good for you :P (no sarcasm)

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

A little advice to EA..... GAMES SELL CONSOLES. I know...... an earth-shattering revelation.

Edit: Yes, NFS:MW U was an excellent effort, but the other games were either lazy efforts or neglected as far as features and DLC. Nice try, EA...

Yep. If they gave Nintendo a decent game instead of a crappy port with several missing features and  no DLC support they would actually make money from Nintendo fans.

Well, it is a business, an people need to be paid, so they need to make money. Why does no one get that here?

Good ports=good sells

crappy ports=crappy sells

EA has their heads stuck too far up their rear ends to realize that.

And about those ports they were okay but we got no DLC support so they are crappy IMO.

Edited by Rose Red, 14 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Looks like partnering with Microsoft backfired.

I don't think anything backfired on anyone, the guy answered a question is all.

Ea are idiotic of course, since not allowing consumers to choose the game on one platform will skew the numbers, with two new consoles launching and getting the fifa and co., you're cannibalising the next 5 years sales on the nintendo console.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Basically they're doing what we've been saying. Once they get the install base to get more games to sell, then they will support it
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yep. If they gave Nintendo a decent game instead of a crappy port with several missing features and  no DLC support they would actually make money from Nintendo fans.

Good ports=good sells
crappy ports=crappy sells
EA has their heads stuck too far up their rear ends to realize that.
And about those ports they were okay but we got no DLC support so they are crappy IMO.

One thing I can't figure out right now, is that Wii U user base is 3.5 million stronger than the next gen systems!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

HAH! That involves going outside amd physical activity!

In regards to the topic, this makes sense. The PS4 has been getting nothing but praise, and the Xbox 1 will allow them to maximize more of theor potential profit with possible used games restrictions (although they just ended their online pass system), not to mention their games have traditionally sold well on Sony and Microsoft systems, and not on Nintendo's. They want to see a good attach rate for third party games on Nintendo systems before they begin work. I just want to know an official confirmation that Frostbite 3 runs on it.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

HAH! That involves going outside amd physical activity!

In regards to the topic, this makes sense. The PS4 has been getting nothing but praise, and the Xbox 1 will allow them to maximize more of theor potential profit with possible used games restrictions (although they just ended their online pass system), not to mention their games have traditionally sold well on Sony and Microsoft systems, and not on Nintendo's. They want to see a good attach rate for third party games on Nintendo systems before they begin work. I just want to know an official confirmation that Frostbite 3 runs on it.

Soo you would rather stay inside all day and not move? same here lolz.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

but I think they abandoned even the support to the ones they already made and they are full of problems? Also I ve read that if you want to play online, they force you to create an origin account.

So yeah.. .I dont think so..  Let them, they will come to us crawling...  PC dont buy them... X1 is bad with drms and people dont want drms.. Sony only and not necessarily, if they keep forcing them with drms... After all I dont like sports, better come to me with a better portfolio, now they have to be declined.

I think they gave..

FIFA 13 incomplete or a rebrand of fifa 12...

Maiden or something, American football,

need for speed

mass effect 3

Do they really ask you to create an origin account?

Edited by Plutonas, 14 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#16 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why do people hate on people who play sports sims? I play NBA every year to be my favorite team. I cant be Carmelo Anthony in real life and ill never be able to. Its just like playing as Joel on TLOU. Isn't it all about the experience?

#17 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

At least hes up front with it and not beating around the bush like they were.

#18 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

"EA sports titles, including Madden NFL 25 will also skip the Nintendo machine"

cereal_guy_angry_by_rober_raik-d4clu4a.p

#19 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm thinking that by viable they mean when it has a higher install base.

And they expect the PS4 and One to have a higher install base before they're even out?

They're delusional.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Lol they launched Fifa 13 on wii u months after it launched on previous generation consoles, did they really expect great sales.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!