Photo

Did U ever have a fallout with Nintendo?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have to admit I haven't always been a huge Nintendo fan. 

When I was a kid my sister asked for the Nintendo 64 for Christmas and I ended up with it actually it may have 

actually been a present for me. I played tons of games on it from Banjo Kazooie to Mario to Donkey Kong and combined

with that and my Gameboy Color Nintendo was all I knew. If it wasnt Mario it was Pokemon if it wasnt that it was Smash Bros.

But I have to admit I did fall out with Nintendo I skipped an entire generation of Nintendo games in the Wii. I had the Wii but I didn't enjoy it at all. The motion felt forced and terrible and it was like Nintendo didn't even try and was childish garbage.

I have NSMB Wii and enjoyed it. It was literally my whole highlight of owning a wii the other games I had were Donkey Kong, wii sports, Epic Mickey, LOZ:TP, and SMG. These games were good games don't get me wrong but Nintendo games just got lost in the flood of quality that Microsoft and Sony's consoles were getting. But when Nintendo announced the Wii U line-up with Batman, Mario, ZombiU everything changed it really felt like Nintendo had a change of heart and was back to business. 

I bought the Wii U day One along with ZombiU, Mario, and a couple others. BUT! The Wii U isnt what made me forgive Nintendo.

The ultimate hand-held gaming device is the Nintendo 3DS. I purchased mine in February of this year and I guess I just hit itat the right time. With games like Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Luigis masnion Dark Moon, NSMB2, SM3DL,Project X Zone, Professor Layton, Resident Evil, Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and more! Nintendo had me hooked on the handheld and I still am with upcoming games like Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Pokemon X & Y, Legend of Zelda: A link between worlds, and Shin Megami Tensei IV

Nintendo is really putting their best foot forward and I feel like they are winning back fans of the old and fans of the new with the 3ds, wii u combo. 

Share your Ninty stories below.

Edited by Mushlikeahusky25, 06 July 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

I saw Reggie Fils-Aime. I loved Nintendo every second after that moment.

#3 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

I guess its just you and me. I didnt like the wii apart from a select few games and i had  a ps3 for 2 years and it already surpassed my wii in games that i had since launch. Except the Wii U didnt do it for me etheir cause now it seems like developers arent really caring for it. I gave my 3Ds to my sister and she plans on buying animal crossing. I dont know what happened in the past few years to nintendo but i just go to whatever system has the games i want. Last gen i wanted smash bros , metroid and pikmin. this gen i dont know what i want so im gonna wait until all 3 consoles are out

1367065580450s.jpg

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Last gen I went Wii only, big mistake. Sure you had the Nintendo titles, but other than that, the system was pretty much abandoned in late 2010.The lack of titles in 2011 was simply outrageous and frustrating. I believe I only played Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles in 2012, other than that, my Wii was basically a dust collector. Luckily though my brother had a 360, I bought a couple of titles. This is probably Nintendo's last chance  to redeem t themselves on home consoles, if the Wii U turns out to be like the Wii, then I'm not buying an Nintendo console next gen. So I was upset with Nintendo, for simply just giving us the finger and not giving the Wii proper closure. I'm going to be a Wii U/PS4 gamer this gen. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

I used to get all the Nintendo handhelds up until the moment we got a PS2 for the household. Stuck a few years with it, until 2/3 years into next-gen I got  a 360, something I regretted quite quickly. Got a DSi XL, which is a handheld I still very much enjoy, but to be honest handhelds are not satisfying me anymore, that's why I don't feel compelled to buy the 3DS (yet). The Wii had a few titles I felt really sad I was skipping on like Skyward Sword and NSMB and Xenoblade Chronicles, but it never really managed to convince me to get one (mostly because I was really skeptical about the motion controls). I got a PS3 last year, which has been a great experience but I really missed all those amazing Nintendo franchises like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. so on a whim for my 18th birthday I got myself a Wii U and it's been great so far. 

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#6 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Nope. Loved Nintendo and owned all consoles since the snes and each console is special to me.

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 06 July 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#7 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

I've owned all Nintendo conseles but stopped caring about the exclusives once the Wii came out. The Wii was OKAY, I'm just not a fan of this whole motion thing anyways just give me a controller, damn! So here I am again with my Wii u.... Hoping Nintendo can win me back again.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

I was a PS3 fanboy lastgen but only because I have one hand so it was really hard to play the mario galaxy games and I didn't really have anything for my wii besides smash and mario kart. Early PS3 games were annoying though because a lot of them still had R1 to shoot but a played a lot of resistance because you can customize your controls in that

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I...actually still really like Nintendo, believe it or not. Sure, the Wii didn't get a huge amount of AAA titles, but what it lacked in those, it brought various original, creative titles to the table like Little King's Story or even Xenoblade...a game that I'm somewhat sure if it wasn't made for the Wii, it may not have been made at all.

At the same time, I also love my PS3 and its various titles I couldn't play on the Wii.

I can't say I've ever had a "fallout" per se. I've been frustrated, sure, but that's never made me want to quit out on them entirely.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

I've stopped playing Nintendo games for a while, and played my 360 a lot more. But then my friend gave me G-Zero GX last year for my birthday, and I decided to plug in my GameCube again. After that, I randomly decided to go on the Smash Bros Dojo for some reason, and I fell back in love.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I would have been pretty disenfranchised with my wii too if I had such a garbage library as my only idea of what games the system had, or what motion controls could do.

Though I do agree Nintendo wasnt even trying with the motion controls.

Ai livemove had 3 different levels of motion control depending on how much time a dev wanted to invest in motion controls. Its an absolute shame 95% of devs chose the option that literally only required 5 minutes, and thus flooded the market with worthless waggle crap while there level 3 procedural motion controls and snap to animation were completely ignored by all but a very few games.

Nintendo only had one actual real game ie not a minigame collection that actually utilized ailivemoves level 3 motion controls.

Talk about a complete and absolute failure of potential.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm kinda boycotting the Wii U even though I have one... I am mainly just buying 3DS games and hardly use my Wii U for anything.... :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm kinda boycotting the Wii U even though I have one... I am mainly just buying 3DS games and hardly use my Wii U for anything.... :/

Boycotting would involve you purposefully refusing to get great games you would enjoy to make a point.

Like, if X came out tomorrow and you refused to get it.

Its different than simply not having anything worth playing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Boycotting would involve you purposefully refusing to get great games you would enjoy to make a point.

Like, if X came out tomorrow and you refused to get it.

Oh.. well I will be boycotting X,3D world, and a lot of their "third party" stuff..

I plan on buying mario kart 8, pikmin 3, watch dogs, batman arkham origins, super smash bros for Wii U, so not a lot of games...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

During the middle of the wii days I stopped playing the wii completely, and mainly used my 360.  Although when SS and DKCR came out, a went and bought them and a bunch of other games i missed out on.  I then started to love Ninty again and bought a Wii U!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

I did Gamecube gen. Was upset when I saw windwaker toon graphics. I wanted the tech demo graphics they showed. I would boycott 3d world but I have a family and if they aren't happy I'm not going to be. I'm looking forward to how bad Ubi F's us over with watchdog though. They are talking everyday about xb1 and ps4 versions and all we know about Wii U version is its up and running on Wii U. It makes me sad to know even when developers are giving Nintendo 3rd party support they treat the game like A$$ and don't even talk it up like they do the other versions.

Edited by GAMER1984, 06 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Oh.. well I will be boycotting X,3D world, and a lot of their "third party" stuff..

I plan on buying mario kart 8, pikmin 3, watch dogs, batman arkham origins, super smash bros for Wii U, so not a lot of games...

Like, if Pikmin 3 came out tomorrow and you refused to get it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Like, if Pikmin 3 came out tomorrow and you refused to get it.

I won't buy any Wii U games for a while... my main focus is 3DS games this year (donkey kong country returns 3D, animal crossing new leaf, mario and luigi dream team, yoshi's new island, and the legend of zelda a link between worlds)

That's five games... :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

#19 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've never - in 21 years - really fallen out with Nintendo, but, like was mentioned above, I have been frustrated with them (the Mario Party 8  and even 9 to a certain extent) disappointments is a good example).

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

No fallout but just lost interest in games overall. Bought the game boy advance, then a Wii in 2010.... Wii u has been really good, sparking my interest again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!