Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Its just a toy... this video is terrorizing and creepy.  There's people that I know that  are exactly like this too, my grandparents.  What she's doing in the video is practically brain-washing. 

Edited by Zinix, 17 July 2013 - 02:03 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ah, definitely brain-washing at its finest. I also know people like this.

#3 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wow this is so upsetting. I think we all know people like this unfortunately.. 

#4 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

that video is basically all religions in a nutshell. Still can't fathom why people are still like this in modern times.

#5 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

POPULAR

That was difficult to watch.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#6 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

the scenario in that video is basically child abuse in a nutshell as well now that I think about it.

#7 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

POPULAR

that video is basically all religions in a nutshell. Still can't fathom why people are still like this in modern times.

It's not all religions in a nutshell. I am a christian and i don't act like this at all. I respect other peoples choices and beliefs.

#8 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

For some reason I am compelled to say these things:
Not all religious people are like this.

Those people's faces creep me out.

A warrior wizard sounds awesome!
What was the movie he was going to see?

What was he eating?

How does an innocent toy make God sad?

And why am I asking so many questions!?  :wacko:

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#9 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

It's not all religions in a nutshell. I am a christian and i don't act like this at all. I respect other peoples choices and beliefs.

i admit, I sounded judgemental in my last post and I realize not every religious person acts like the individual in the video, but tragically I knew way too many people in my lifetime who acts like the person in the video so admittedly my views on religion isn't going to be the kindest.  

But my intent wasn't to offend anyone who follows a certain creed.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

This video is just discusting, you shouldn't force views like this on other people, Johovas Whitnesses are the most annoying when they knock on your door they just refuse to leave, one day my Grandad went upstairs opened the window and threw a bucket of water on them, I laughed my a$$ off when that happened!

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Some may view this as religious people are nuts, Or they they are manipulative brainwashers, or Bible bashing lunatics 

But once you look past all of that and see what the true underlying message this amazing video is trying to portray is that we must always recycle our plastics.... 

Recycling.... Making Jehovah happy since the beginning of time™ 

:P

In all serious though this should be in no way taken as "all religions" or "all christians", this is merely the views of 1 group/man in particular who made a video that exhibits extreme behavior...

Im a christian and I can tell you that my mother never took away my wizard warrior and shamed me for playing with it :P

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

That's like saying Westboro Bapstist Church is like all religions. Which isn't even close to the truth. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Dafuq? Pleasing Jehovah? Wow. This has gotta be the stupidest bullsh!t I've heard in my entire life and I'm saying this as a Catholic. Yes, there are some ultra-conservative idiots in our circle but don't just generalize us. A lot of us Christians are very liberal.

I'm not really that religious anymore though. I identify myself as somewhat borderline agnostic.

Edited by PopiPenguin, 18 July 2013 - 07:28 AM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't think it is brainwashing at all.

If God is real, then it is a good thing.

You don't believe He is real, that's on you, but you don't get to force your opinion down everyone's throats that those who want to honor God are somehow "brainwashed" or the like.

Good parents want to watch out for their kids in every way.  That includes moral choices and the kind of things that occupy their minds and hearts.

When I was little, I liked Voltron, etc.  And it freaked my folks out.  They were Christians and they forbade me to watch it anymore.

I didn't resent them.  I figured they thought that was best.

Sure, I missed my cartoons. but when I was older, I made my own choices, thankful for the warnings and guidelines my parents gave me.

Though I don't think there is anything wrong with parents teaching their kids the dangers of cultic ideas like magic, etc., that particular cartoon is really irritating and definitely doesn't do a good job of showing a caring parent.  It only paints them as a party pooper with no care for their childs desire for fun and imagination.

That's like saying Westboro Bapstist Church is like all religions. Which isn't even close to the truth. 

exactly.

Just like Jehova's Witness and Mormonism are not Christianity at all, though they often are labeled as such.

#15 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

I don't think it is brainwashing at all.

If God is real, then it is a good thing.

You don't believe He is real, that's on you, but you don't get to force your opinion down everyone's throats that those who want to honor God are somehow "brainwashed" or the like.

Good parents want to watch out for their kids in every way.  That includes moral choices and the kind of things that occupy their minds and hearts.

When I was little, I liked Voltron, etc.  And it freaked my folks out.  They were Christians and they forbade me to watch it anymore.

I didn't resent them.  I figured they thought that was best.

Sure, I missed my cartoons. but when I was older, I made my own choices, thankful for the warnings and guidelines my parents gave me.

Though I don't think there is anything wrong with parents teaching their kids the dangers of cultic ideas like magic, etc., that particular cartoon is really irritating and definitely doesn't do a good job of showing a caring parent.  It only paints them as a party pooper with no care for their childs desire for fun and imagination.

exactly.

Just like Jehova's Witness and Mormonism are not Christianity at all, though they often are labeled as such

Aren't the JW the ones that believe that only a certain number of people will go to heaven?

Edited by PopiPenguin, 18 July 2013 - 02:43 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Aren't the JW the ones that believe that only a certain number of people will go to heaven?

Yes.

And then you wonder...

Didn't that number of professing JWs die so far?...

Pretty sure that is a JW video as well.

#17 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

As far as I can tell the Westboro Baptist Church is hated by everyone (even the KKK hates them apparently) so I didn't have them in mind when I made my comment.  Also I was just being brutally honest from my own point of view and I wasn't intending on offending other people nor was I trying to cram my own philosophy down people's throats.

#18 Tim

Tim

Hylian

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Funky Kong, Link, Mario Kart

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

I realize this is a Jehovah's Witness video, but being a Christian , I feel like I must discuss, nay, rant about something like this. Now before I start, I will say that everyone, even the creepy mom in this video, is entitled to their own beliefs, and I would never force my belief on anyone else.

Let's begin, shall we?

Oh, where to start...

First things first, as a Christian, I do believe that the practices of witchcraft, or black magic, are evil in the eyes of God. However, in this video, this little fella is excited about a toy wizard, and that it looks cool. Now, aside from the fact that it was just plain cruel for her to shoot him down so quickly like that, all she really had to do was explain that the toy isn't really magical, and to be careful about that kind of stuff. But no. She goes ahead and takes it to whole new levels, leading Caleb to believe that the toy itself is evil, and would make God sad. Furthermore, she feels the need to relate Biblical evidence to help the process along. Terrible. If I was in this situation, it'd be like: Caleb: "Hey dad, (refering to me) look at this!" Me: "What's that?" "It's a warrior wizard!" "Sweet, dude!". And that's that. No mention of evil, Jehovah, or anything Biblical at all. There's just no need. What's funny is, a lot of my Christian friends watch Harry Potter, yet *sarcasm kicks in* SOMEHOW they are able to still keep their main focus on God. Its just something that every Christian has to learn, and trust me, they will learn. Well, that's it for me, I guess. Thanks for sitting through that. Oh and as of July 18, at 8:41 PM, on YouTube, this video has 283,192 views, 811 likes, and 10,855 dislikes. What a ratio! :D

Edited by Tim, 18 July 2013 - 07:49 PM.

28rl4di.png

I think everyone who has a signature picture should shrink it a little. Easier on the eyes.

The way I see it, flying is simple.  You just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

#19 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

This isn't really that new...  The video itself has been around for quite some time now, but I suppose it is gaining attention now.  It is nothing more than brainwashing propaganda that some person actually thought was a good idea.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

I realize this is a Jehovah's Witness video, but being a Christian , I feel like I must discuss, nay, rant about something like this. Now before I start, I will say that everyone, even the creepy mom in this video, is entitled to their own beliefs, and I would never force my belief on anyone else.
Let's begin, shall we?
Oh, where to start...
First things first, as a Christian, I do believe that the practices of witchcraft, or black magic, are evil in the eyes of God. However, in this video, this little fella is excited about a toy wizard, and that it looks cool. Now, aside from the fact that it was just plain cruel for her to shoot him down so quickly like that, all she really had to do was explain that the toy isn't really magical, and to be careful about that kind of stuff. But no. She goes ahead and takes it to whole new levels, leading Caleb to believe that the toy itself is evil, and would make God sad. Furthermore, she feels the need to relate Biblical evidence to help the process along. Terrible. If I was in this situation, it'd be like: Caleb: "Hey dad, (refering to me) look at this!" Me: "What's that?" "It's a warrior wizard!" "Sweet, dude!". And that's that. No mention of evil, Jehovah, or anything Biblical at all. There's just no need. What's funny is, a lot of my Christian friends watch Harry Potter, yet *sarcasm kicks in* SOMEHOW they are able to still keep their main focus on God. Its just something that every Christian has to learn, and trust me, they will learn. Well, that's it for me, I guess. Thanks for sitting through that. Oh and as of July 18, at 8:41 PM, on YouTube, this video has 283,192 views, 811 likes, and 10,855 dislikes. What a ratio! :D

Black magic/witchcraft is forbidden in catholosism/christianity because you have to pray to and offer your soul to a demon (with ceremonies often involving murdering innocents) to aquire such powers.

I am Christian, though I long ago dropped my denomination and dont associate with any church, and my most firm belief is that God alone judges the worth of a man, and everyone else doesnt really know jack in comparison no matter how many robes they wear and can frack off and worry about how they live their life.

That being said, a child wanting to play with a toy wizard who just HAS magical powers because of imagination and fun is a HUGE difference between selling your soul to a hellspawn using innocent lives as a monetary exchange to gain magical power.

And making believe like say harry potter is also FAAAAAAAAAAR more acceptable to me and any sane person than murdering innocent women by the hundreds because you couldnt prove they werent witches, Catholic church.

How many innocent girls did harry potter murder? oh? What about Gandalf? what? None? Wow, huh. Imagine that.

Also, there is no way in HELL I am watching that video, just the still picture in the video player is making my skin crawl. Creepy

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!