Photo

The MMO club.

Wii U Forums MMO Spiral Knights Maple Story

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: The MMO club. (12 member(s) have cast votes)

When should we change the game?

1. Every month (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Every 6 weeks (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Every two months (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. When the game gets boring. (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Other (leave below) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi guys!

I've been thinking... the Wii U Forums is an awesome community, an awesome community who (for the majority) enjoy gaming.
So, why not do something that brings us together in our love for gaming?

I introduce to you... The MMO club.

The concept for the MMO club is simple we (as a community of course) decide on a free to play MMO for us to play then once we get bored of it, we'll move on. I feel this enables us as a community to become closer together and experience games with an awesome bunch of people. When available in the game we will try to set up a guild for us normally by the name of "Wii U Forums" or something similar.

It doesn't have to be a fantasy MMO or a Sci-Fi MMO or even an FPS MMO (I can only think of one off the top of my head...) this is the second reason for setting up MMO Club, to help me and you guys to try a game you possibly wouldn't have otherwise.

Now, finally the third reason. It helps new members of the Wii U forums feel more involved, rather than just chatting on the chat box or talking about pre-decided topics through posts on the forum it helps new players get to know us while we play great games and share the experience.

I'm unsure about how often to change the game so I've set up a poll. If you have any other ideas leave them down below!

The first game is : Spiral Knights! You can find it here
Don't forget, the wiki is your friend!

We've created a guild, and contact me or Endercreeper to join, I'll leave a list of members below (I wont be on, I have to go away for a couple of days) :
Makarre - Makar
Nekounibusi - Ha-Ha-No
Mldragomaster - MLdragoMaster
Brischli - Brian63330
Wallerwastaken - Waller
Lordfireg -LordFireGX
P.S :
This is a community project so anything you guys would like to change or tweak about how we run things leave it down below!
Also guys, I'm gonna be away for a few days so I wont be updating you much on what's going on, Brian63330 is the 'leader' of the spiral Knights group so please contact him as I am unable to be on the internet for a while.

Edited by Makar, 25 September 2011 - 08:56 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

Whoo, MapleStory.

If we choose MapleStory, we shall be going into the new world Nova, and we shall have a guild (WiiUForums) where anybody from this club (that wants to play) can join the guild.

Edited by Gamecollector44, 11 September 2011 - 01:55 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Whoo, MapleStory.

If we choose MapleStory, we shall be going into the new world Nova, and we shall have a guild (WiiUForums) where anybody from this club (that wants to play) can join the guild.

You seem to have appointed yourself the head of the Maple Story 'group', not that that is a problem, this is a community project.

Edited by Makar, 11 September 2011 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

You seem to have appointed yourself the head of the Maple Story 'group', not that that is a problem, this is a community project.

My bad. :L

GameZombie44.png

#5 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

My bad. :L

We need someone to take charge, I've never even heard of the game before.
Posted Image

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

We need someone to take charge, I've never even heard of the game before.

Well, I've been playing for a little over a year, so I should be able to teach people the basics.

GameZombie44.png

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

I used to play Spiral Knights and am VERY good at it, and have enough in-game money and energy to make a quild just for us...

I have never played Maple Story, so can someone give me a heads up and I'd get back into Spiral Knights if I had people like you guys to play with. ( It's pretty awesome!=) )

#8 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

At first I thought this was the second time someone made an MMO topic without searching, but it looks like this one is different enough from mine :)

Anyway, I recommend Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. It's the closest thing we'll ever get to Pokemon Online, and it focus' more on cooperation than PvP.
That and Cash-shop items are permanent and tradable. (Unless they're one use) So much better than those things that you pay $10 for just to be stuck with it and it only lasting a week T.T
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#9 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

At first I thought this was the second time someone made an MMO topic without searching, but it looks like this one is different enough from mine :)

Anyway, I recommend Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. It's the closest thing we'll ever get to Pokemon Online, and it focus' more on cooperation than PvP.
That and Cash-shop items are permanent and tradable. (Unless they're one use) So much better than those things that you pay $10 for just to be stuck with it and it only lasting a week T.T

I'll put it on the poll!
Posted Image

#10 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

I have'nt played an MMO in a long time so I will like to join I will be trying out this MMO'S and choose which one is the best.Though have been interested with Shin Megami Tensi Imagine and Sprial Khights I'll play those.

Edited by LordGhirahim, 11 September 2011 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

#11 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

I tried dragon nest once, but then it said there was an error with my login (NOOOOO!!!) then I looked online to see if anyone else had the same problem and they said that it was because of my IP address :( I don't think you can change that, so I can't play dragon nest :'( ....

How about one of the FF MMOs? I've been dying to play one of them and something like this will, well make me get one XD I think you still do have to pay for actual game though, its ftp after that :P

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (MEGA GRAPHICS!! You HAVE to watch the opening movie for this (in media) :D )
http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/ This one looks ok aswell :)

Posted Image

#12 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

I tried dragon nest once, but then it said there was an error with my login (NOOOOO!!!) then I looked online to see if anyone else had the same problem and they said that it was because of my IP address :( I don't think you can change that, so I can't play dragon nest :'( ....

How about one of the FF MMOs? I've been dying to play one of them and something like this will, well make me get one XD I think you still do have to pay for actual game though, its ftp after that :P

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (MEGA GRAPHICS!! You HAVE to watch the opening movie for this (in media) :D )
http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/ This one looks ok aswell :)

I'll be sure to look into it and I'll add them too the poll!
Dragon's nest is awesome and hopefully I'll see if I can find a solution to your problem.
Posted Image

#13 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

#14 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

I would love to join. My computer doesn't like many MMO's though. So I could be a bit of a burden.

I'll say Spiral Knights to start though.
(My computer likes it).

Edited by HaHa-No, 12 September 2011 - 11:23 AM.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#15 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Can my vote somehow be changed? I LOVE Spiral Knights.... Even though I only played about 50 mins of it... IT'S SO AWESOME. Change my vote from MapleStory to Spiral Knights, I'll play that when I want to see what it's like XD...
Posted Image

#16 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

I have no problem making a guild for "thewiiu.com" in Spiral Knights right now, so that everyone that likes it can join it.

Just tell me to do it Makar, and it'll be done. Anyone who wants to join it, please send a pm (once it's made) or post in this thread and include your IGN (In-Game-Name) :D

FYI, I'm Brischli in the game. (Also have an alt, which I never use.)

@Makar: Can I be head of the Spiral Knights, team, guild/whatever as I really like the game and am pretty skilled ;)

Playing since 2 weeks before it's official release in April... (Haven't played the last 1.5 months, but I'd get back into it just for this forum :) )

Edited by EnderCreeper, 12 September 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#17 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Can my vote somehow be changed? I LOVE Spiral Knights.... Even though I only played about 50 mins of it... IT'S SO AWESOME. Change my vote from MapleStory to Spiral Knights, I'll play that when I want to see what it's like XD...

I don't know of anyway to change the vote but I'll write it in the post and I'll know to count your vote as Spiral Knights

I have no problem making a guild for "thewiiu.com" in Spiral Knights right now, so that everyone that likes it can join it.

Just tell me to do it Makar, and it'll be done. Anyone who wants to join it, please send a pm (once it's made) or post in this thread and include your IGN (In-Game-Name) :D

FYI, I'm Brischli in the game. (Also have an alt, which I never use.)

@Makar: Can I be head of the Spiral Knights, team, guild/whatever as I really like the game and am pretty skilled ;)

Playing since 2 weeks before it's official release in April... (Haven't played the last 1.5 months, but I'd get back into it just for this forum :) )

It seems as though Spiral Knights is winning, It'd be awesome if you could host in the in game guild, I'll contact you soon about it.

Edited by Makar, 13 September 2011 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

#18 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

Guys, I need help, I'm installing Dragon Nest (to see what it's like). And it's stuck on Installing PMB.exe.
It's been like it for nearly an hour.
Any ideas on what do do? I've already cancelled and started again a few times.

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

#19 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Guys, I need help, I'm installing Dragon Nest (to see what it's like). And it's stuck on Installing PMB.exe.
It's been like it for nearly an hour.
Any ideas on what do do? I've already cancelled and started again a few times.

It did take awhile to download when I tried it :/ maybe its cuz you've got a slow computer?

Posted Image

#20 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

It did take awhile to download when I tried it :/ maybe its cuz you've got a slow computer?

I don't think that's the case.
It's been on ALL DAY and it still hasn't changed.
Plus I have 3 GB of RAM :P.

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Forums, MMO, Spiral Knights, Maple Story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!