• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#361 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Already posted previously to this thread but I believe that EB Games $599 AUS price tag may actually be correct. The technology involved in the making of the Wii U far surpasses that of it's predecessor.

That would be approximately $650 in USD. If it launches that high I will be waiting for the price to be reduced and I'm sure a lot of others will also. I'll be picking one up as long as it's around $400(give or take some).

BTW, EB stated that price was pure speculation. I'd imagine when they set a pre-order price they wanted to be on the high end. It would be a tough sell to tell someone that you payed $400 for the console to pre order yet they missed the price by $200.

I guess it may be wishful thinking on my part also, but I expect it to be between $300-$400.

#362 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

How does that work out as $650 USD?

If anything, you are looking at $350-$450 USD.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#363 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

How does that work out as $650 USD?

If anything, you are looking at $350-$450 USD.

599 Australian dollars = 641.9483 U.S. dollars

They think Nintendo will use a currency converter.
My guess is 300 Euro, maybe 350.
If they go any higher, they won't sell any, much like the PS3.

By the way, remember when they listened to what fans would pay for a 3DS, then nobody wanted to give them what they said they'd pay?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#364 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Oh hi Nollog - Didn't know you came here

By the way, remember when they listened to what fans would pay for a 3DS, then nobody wanted to give them what they said they'd pay?

Yeah, everyone (or a bunch of people) at 3DS Forums thought $250 was a fair and amazing price when it was announced. Then when the time came, no one bought it because it was too expensive. Then came threads about the price of the 3DS components, the potential profit from each 3DS unit, and the PS Vita price announcement. At that point, people forgot that $250 was the pricing that was clamored for, and started to resent Nintendo for overpricing their hardware.

:/

#365 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Oh hi Nollog - Didn't know you came here

Yeah, everyone (or a bunch of people) at 3DS Forums thought $250 was a fair and amazing price when it was announced. Then when the time came, no one bought it because it was too expensive. Then came threads about the price of the 3DS components, the potential profit from each 3DS unit, and the PS Vita price announcement. At that point, people forgot that $250 was the pricing that was clamored for, and started to resent Nintendo for overpricing their hardware.

:/

I was here before the other place.
There's just not much Wii U stuff to talk about yet so I rarely visit.

I was happy with 250 USD, I'd be happier paying that than the 250 Euro, but I still thought it was worth what I paid.
At the same time, I'm a gamer. My favourite games are platformers, which means Nintendo nowadays.
My value senses tingle at the sight of Mario and Kirby, the average consumer wouldn't see the same value.
So it was pretty obvious to me when they announced the price that they wouldn't get the same people the DS attracted.

The same applies to the Wii U.
The Wii and DS sold well because the 360 was 300+, the PS3 was 500+, and the PSP was 250+.
In comparison, Wii was 250, and DS was 170 or 180.
Price will always be the main reason for success.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#366 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

599 Australian dollars = 641.9483 U.S. dollars

WHAT THE HELL?
IS AMERICA REALLY SWIMMING IN THIS MUCH **** RIGHT NOW?!

Nah, I refuse to believe. They still pay 3DS games for 40 while I get stuck with 60-70!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#367 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

WHAT THE HELL?
IS AMERICA REALLY SWIMMING IN THIS MUCH **** RIGHT NOW?!

Nah, I refuse to believe. They still pay 3DS games for 40 while I get stuck with 60-70!

We pay £35 for 3DS games... 50AUD... 55USD. So thats... unfair XD

Posted Image

#368 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

it cant be 650 dollars, because the global markets are thieves.. If something cost 10 dollars, they translate it to 10 euro.. they steal almost 5 euro from us.. So if wii U cost 650 dollars, nobody will buy it in the EU.. Because its translated as 650 euro.. And NOBODY will ever give that money for a console. Xbox360 costed that much when it first came out for 6 months..

The ideal price from wii u and the controller may be up to 550 euro for 6 months.. then a price cut to 450 till the next gen consoles will arrive .. I calculate it more like 180 euro for the cpu, 70 euro for the gpu, 100 euro for hdd and mobo, and the controller.. (I assume that the controle is going to cost up to 90-120 euro as a retail product..)

Even though, 550 is to much for me, for example I prefer to offer this money for an I7 3930k 6 core cpu, than a wii U... 450 is nice but not very very nice.. Other people may choose a 2600k cpu with mobo and ram.. instead of a console.. that’s why this prices are intended to be ONLY for console gamers.. Also there is always baby flues in the hardware.. Its wise to wait for a month or 2, before you buy... (but nintendo always have good quality products)

Edited by Orion, 12 February 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#369 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Vita costs $250 wifi only model and it is only a handheld, and it has the power of a PS3, so it is safe to say that the Wii U will cost $350 when you add the loss factor.

#370 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Already posted previously to this thread but I believe that EB Games $599 AUS price tag may actually be correct. The technology involved in the making of the Wii U far surpasses that of it's predecessor.

I looked that up, and wouldn't $599 AUS dollars be about $639 in US dollars? That's insane for a post-recession console, especially so for a Nintendo console. I don't think anyone's going to price a console that high after the PS3 and to a lesser extent the 3DS. Nintendo would just be asking for failure by doing that.

EDIT: After reading the posts above, it probably isn't as bad as I initially thought... But still, $599 AUS dollars is ridiculously high for any piece of gaming hardware...

Also, as evidenced by both Wii U and Xbox 720 rumoured specs, next gen consoles are using around 2008/2009 hardware, or low end 2010/2011 hardware. The graphical jump won't be as much this gen so Wii Us and 720s will probably be a lot cheaper to manufacture than 360s and PS3s were in their early days.

Edited by Deadly Virus, 12 February 2012 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#371 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Being that the system uses "next gen" hardware, the system will probably have to be at least 300$. However since the Wii and DS were so successful and actually turned a profit, and since Nintendo likes to keep their prices down, I imagine that the price will be as close to 300 as possible and no more than 350$.

#372 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

In Australia, prices are usually seriously over inflated anyway, and the US always gets the best deal (and still complains about pricing).

#373 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

In Australia, prices are usually seriously over inflated anyway, and the US always gets the best deal (and still complains about pricing).

Pretty much the same in Europe :L

Posted Image

#374 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, I know, I'm from the UK, but it isn't half as bad as in Australia.

#375 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

it will cost 500.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cents

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#376 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

it will cost 500... cents

More like quarters.

#377 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

More like quarters.

500 X 25? ok: 12 500 cents

how meny dolars iz dat?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#378 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

125$ LETS try 500 half dollars 50 cents

#379 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Still too cheap. XP

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#380 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

That would be $250.