#1 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Sad news even though I wasn't a player. Game is probably one of the longest lifespans of any MMORPG.

2lvmghw.png

#2 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

They are closing down due to Club Penguin and to work on the next-gen version of Disney's Toontown Online, Toontown 2. 

#3 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

D: millsberry 

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I feel horsing old

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

I heard of this game...

Club penguin... people still play that?...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

It's all about woozworld now.

Anyway I remember Toontown. I played the free trial and had a lot of fun with it but there was no way I was ever going to get to subscribe to it. I remember we went into a cog factory...was that what those things were called? Cogs? Meh...anyway we went into a cog factory with a party and then we gradually lost members until it was just me and this other guy. I saw the death blow coming at me and just before I died I tried sending in a good luck message but I wasn't sure if they had received it. Anyway I met up with him later and he said he won. It was cool. We saved one of the buildings of Toontown even if we weren't there to deliver the final blow...I think that was nine years ago...

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#7 Katastrophic

Katastrophic

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

This... disturbs me more than it should

#8 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

I remember playing ToonTown on my cousins computer all the time, we'd mod the servers so that the swear filter doesn't work :')
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#9 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Nooooooooo. This is sad. I really wish I played it more now but I never really could do memberships. Toontown is also way better then Club p, and funner. How is that still going?

Anybody remember that one disney one where you were at disney world or something, it was like 6 years ago. Every online game site I ever loved is gone now, this saddens me. Seriously I hope theirs a new one coming out, or something. Why Disney??? Stop loving Club P.

Stupid Snowmads!

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

R.I.P Bumpy Blubberfoot

.... you adorable fat little green duck

#11 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I remember playing ToonTown on my cousins computer all the time, we'd mod the servers so that the swear filter doesn't work :')

Bad kids. Anyway Clup Penguin is probably still around because it's free.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

ToonTown was the rainbow when I was 9, now I feel like a mid-crisis soccer dad. I dunno why.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

I found this, worth a try if you still want it up.

http://www.change.or...toontown-online

Stupid Snowmads!

#14 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I played Toontown too but screw that, Millsberry was the s**t! Seriously why did they close it, it was epic lol :)

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!