• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

How to get 2DS.

1. Get your 3DS.

2. Turn 3D off.

Edited by Nintyfan, 28 August 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#42 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

At first I thought it was a prank. Then I saw several articles about it.

Signature_DK.png

#43 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I thought it was  a speculation if Nintendo announced a 2DS and Wii U price cut until I checked Nintendo's website...

Edited by Nintyfan, 28 August 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#44 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

The only thing about this that's really bothering me is the name. People had enough trouble as it was with the idea of a "3DS" being an entirely new system, but now we've gotta convince them that a "2DS" is the same.

Nintendo, stop being Microsoft.

#45 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well it's difficult what else to call it. 3DS Lite wouldn't work because it doesn't run games in 3D. 

Also the video sounded stupid. HEY KIDS, YOU CAN PLAY YO GAMES in 2D AND YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE, AS IF YOU COULDN'T DO THAT on your regular ol' 3DS!

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#46 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think it's a wonderful idea and could be great if they handle it well. 

#47 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

pntwQR2.png

It's sad out of all people, this guy gets it while a lot of you don't. 

Erm everyone is aware that there is a slider on the side of a 3DS/XL that changes the 3D screen into a 2D screen ?

THERE IS NO POINT IN THE 2DS !!!!!

why would anyone want one, isn't the 3DS currently the biggest selling system that is selling tens of thousands of consoles a week around the world !

Why has Nintendo invested resources in a 2D version of a supposed ground breaking 3D handheld, shouldn't they of invested these resources in the WiiU that is well dying ?

The 2DS is ridicules. 

#48 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I had to check the date when this was announced to make sure it wasn't April 1. 

"Cheaper and more durable 3DS with no 3D making it great for young kids!"  Sounds like a good idea.

Parent:  "Where are the 2DS games?  Can this play 3DS games?  Can the 3DS play 2DS games?  My kids already own a 3DS/DS though?"   Er, maybe not. 

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Erm everyone is aware that there is a slider on the side of a 3DS/XL that changes the 3D screen into a 2D screen ?

THERE IS NO POINT IN THE 2DS !!!!!

why would anyone want one, isn't the 3DS currently the biggest selling system that is selling tens of thousands of consoles a week around the world !

Why has Nintendo invested resources in a 2D version of a supposed ground breaking 3D handheld, shouldn't they of invested these resources in the WiiU that is well dying ?

The 2DS is ridicules.

the 3ds is inaccessible to an overwhelming majority of Nintendos largest handheld franchise, because of its 3d.

Young children, more specifically their parents, are explicitely warned not to let them use 3d mode because they just arent physically developed enough (eyes too close together) to view the 3d effect without damage to their development. A parents not going to trust a child to just, not flip the switch.

When you are about to drop pokemon, a typically 30-40 million unit selling game, and half of that audience cant use the platform, you have a problem.

If you look at any of the commercials, its very obvious that this device is being aimed at parents, to buy for young children.

I still think the name is confusing to the uninformed.

maybe dsboy or something. Taking the numbers out of the equation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

POPULAR

2lbzwxc.jpg

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#51 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

INTRODUCING THE 1DS

COMPATIBILITY WITH XBOX ONE
GAMES: MARIO CITY SIMULATOR, LEGEND OF ZELDA: MODERN WARFARE, PIKMIN: STARCRAFT EDITION, KIRBYFIELD 3, AND THE SIMS ANIMAL CROSSERS EXPANSION PACK

the 3ds is inaccessible to an overwhelming majority of Nintendos largest handheld franchise, because of its 3d.

Young children, more specifically their parents, are explicitely warned not to let them use 3d mode because they just arent physically developed enough (eyes too close together) to view the 3d effect without damage to their development. A parents not going to trust a child to just, not flip the switch.

You can turn off 3D AND the slider entirely in the parent "Safety options" area of the settings menu.

And before you say they can go in there and turn it back on, i'm fairly certain you can set a password for it.

Edited by CookieEpic, 28 August 2013 - 10:37 PM.

86c.gif

#52 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

dafuq

At least could have called it DS2 because then it feels like a SEQUEL to something instead of a prequel. This is downgrading.

But I understand why they did it. A lot of people complain about ´herp derp I don´t want to use 3D´. This kind of confirms that Nintendo won´t be going 3D for their next handheld tho.

No sig.

#53 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

The design looks great... But the lack of 3D effect might set some people off. Sure, it might be fine to play a game like pok'emon X/Y or Animal crossing, but other games that look better with the 3D effect... not so much.

On the upper hand, this idea will have three positive effects.

A. It will provide those who love the 3DS, own the original 3DS,and are possibly concerned about battery but don't have enough money to buy the XL to buy it easier, assuming they want more batteries life and can handle without the 3D effect. Even if it's battery life is somewhat terrible, having two systems will most likely double battery life.
B. It will provide Those new to gaming and want to try it out without spending upwards of 250 or more, or those of a more casual with a cheap method of buying new game titles.
C. It will provide those who like to collect a new system to play their games on.

I may eventually buy it for extended battery life, but that would be the only reason, most likely.

Edited by The Halbird, 29 August 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

INTRODUCING THE 1DS

COMPATIBILITY WITH XBOX ONE
GAMES: MARIO CITY SIMULATOR, LEGEND OF ZELDA: MODERN WARFARE, PIKMIN: STARCRAFT EDITION, KIRBYFIELD 3, AND THE SIMS ANIMAL CROSSERS EXPANSION PACK

You can turn off 3D AND the slider entirely in the parent "Safety options" area of the settings menu.
And before you say they can go in there and turn it back on, i'm fairly certain you can set a password for it.

That is entirely too much to expect out of most parents today.

They couldnt even tell the difference between wii/wii u, 3ds and ds lite/dsi, or be arsed enough to not leave guns and ammunition lying around within reach of their kids.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

When you are about to drop pokemon, a typically 30-40 million unit selling game, and half of that audience cant use the platform, you have a problem.

If you look at any of the commercials, its very obvious that this device is being aimed at parents, to buy for young children.

I still think the name is confusing to the uninformed.

maybe dsboy or something. Taking the numbers out of the equation.

move the slider on the 3DS to turn the screen to 2D, it's that simple !

#56 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

move the slider on the 3DS to turn the screen to 2D, it's that simple !

But then that's $40 down the toilet

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#57 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

It looks cute it reminds me of a gameboy lol.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#58 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

is a link cable included?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#59 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

is a link cable included?

You mean the hookshot? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#60 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

It have a lanyard hook if that's what you're asking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!