Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

POPULAR

Since feld0 has left search functionality dead for the past 3+ months, here we are:

javascript:q=""+(window.getSelection?window.getSelection():document.getSelection?document.getSelection():document.selection.createRange().text);if(!q)q=prompt("Search terms [leave selection and box blank to list all pages] ...").replace(/\s\+/g,"%252B");if(q!=null)location="http://www.google.com/search?q="+q.replace(/\s+/g,"+")+"+site:"+location.hostname;void(0);

Bookmark that.

It'll popup a dialog box, enter your search in it and it'll do a google sitesearch on the site you're currently on (here).

Due to popular demand I've created a tutorial video!

I'm currently using Opera (Next), with the Quick Access Bar flag set to enabled.

The process is similar in other browsers however.

I recommend viewing in HD, so you can read the text.

Captions are being synced as I type.

Google couldn't sync my captions I guess because there was no voice for the timings, so I made a quick sub file and uploaded it, took a bit of trial and error but I got it to the standard youtube wanted.

So it's now closed captioned!

Edited by Nollog, 17 October 2013 - 04:09 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

How are you supposed to bookmark that big block of text?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

How are you supposed to bookmark that big block of text?

Copy+paste it into a file/bookmark this thread.

Also pinning this till the search is fixed.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

YAY! I can search again (kinda)!

And hopefully we'll have less repeat threads of stuff that's already been discussed.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Copy+paste it into a file/bookmark this thread.

Also pinning this till the search is fixed.

Sorry I must just be especially slow today but I'm still not following what I'm supposed to do with that block of text.  Put it in the address bar?  Or is my browser failing to display something like a text input box?  In the OP I see:

javascript:q=""+(window.getSelection?window.getSelection():document.getSelection?document.getSelection():document.selection.createRange().text);if(!q)q=prompt("Search terms [leave selection and box blank to list all pages] ...").replace(/\s\+/g,"%252B");if(q!=null)location="http://www.google.com/search?q="+q.replace(/\s+/g,"+")+"+site:"+location.hostname;void(0);

Since feld0 has left search functionality dead for the past 3+ months, here we are:

Bookmark that.

It'll popup a dialog box, enter your search in it and it'll do a google sitesearch on the site you're currently on (here).

Due to popular demand I've created a tutorial video!

I'm currently using Opera (Next), with the Quick Access Bar flag set to enabled.

The process is similar in other browsers however.

I recommend viewing in HD, so you can read the text.

Captions are being synced as I type.

Google couldn't sync my captions I guess because there was no voice for the timings, so I made a quick sub file and uploaded it, took a bit of trial and error but I got it to the standard youtube wanted.

So it's now closed captioned!

lol I starred in my first how-to vid

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feld0, inept, search, fail, help, tutorial, wtfareyoudoing, halp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!