ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Now that you mention it, it would be cool to see that in MK... too!  :D

Actually, the stage Spear Pillar in Brawl sort of did that. Sometimes Dialga or Palkia would change the controls of everyone, making everything backwards if I remember correctly

#682 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Actually, the stage Spear Pillar in Brawl sort of did that. Sometimes Dialga or Palkia would change the controls of everyone, making everything backwards if I remember correctly

Didn`t know that. That must be pretty funny to watch. Especially if you don`t know it`s coming! :D

#683 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Didn`t know that. That must be pretty funny to watch. Especially if you don`t know it`s coming! :D

I know it caused me to walk off the stage numerous times during the short amount of time that it was in place -_-

#684 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Is it true this game is possibly coming out this year? I saw it listed for this year on the Wikipedia list of Wii U games, but couldn't find much elsewhere.

#685 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I know it caused me to walk off the stage numerous times during the short amount of time that it was in place -_-

That kind of stuff can be so funny.

I wish i liked the franchise, i really do. It seems great!

#686 TotalSynthesisX

TotalSynthesisX

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo, Smash Bros., Metroid, Mass Effect

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Is it true this game is possibly coming out this year? I saw it listed for this year on the Wikipedia list of Wii U games, but couldn't find much elsewhere.

There's no definite release date, but it's very possible it could be out this year. I hope it does, at least. I'm sure we'll get some release date info on it at E3 in June.

#687 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

That kind of stuff can be so funny.

I wish i liked the franchise, i really do. It seems great!

You don't like the Super Smash Bros. franchise...?

And there isn't an official release date yet, no real information has really been released on the game. While it's possible that the game will be coming out by the end of the year, I highly doubt it. I'm predicting a Spring 2014 release 

#688 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

For me personally, I don't want to see Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Sonic or Jigglypuff.

Ice Climbers is a good franchise but as of now it they don't seem to last very appealing unlike another redesigned old character like Pit's. R.O.B is a nice tradition to Nintendo, but as a fighter, not so much, just a cameo character. Sonic, for the love of god stay away, as much as i love the blue hedgehog since i was a kid and now, Sonic almost destroyed Smash's competitive vibe it had from Melee, also this is a one time kind of thing, this crossover thing won't continue for long and Jigglypuff.......Just no.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#689 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

You don't like the Super Smash Bros. franchise...?

It`s not that i don`t like. I played all games and even bought Brawl... i just can`t like the controls.

#690 TotalSynthesisX

TotalSynthesisX

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

For me personally, I don't want to see Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Sonic or Jigglypuff.

Ice Climbers is a good franchise but as of now it they don't seem to last very appealing unlike another redesigned old character like Pit's. R.O.B is a nice tradition to Nintendo, but as a fighter, not so much, just a cameo character. Sonic, for the love of god stay away, as much as i love the blue hedgehog since i was a kid and now, Sonic almost destroyed Smash's competitive vibe it had from Melee, also this is a one time kind of thing, this crossover thing won't continue for long and Jigglypuff.......Just no.

I agree. Although, I enjoyed Sonic in Brawl (pairing up two level 9 CPUs of Mario and Sonic was always interesting), but I still think it would be best for the franchise to stay away from third-parties completely. I liked the way it was in Melee where it was purely Nintendo characters. Brawl strayed away from that and it felt watered-down.

I just want Mewtwo back. GTFO, Lucario.

#691 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

I agree. Although, I enjoyed Sonic in Brawl (pairing up two level 9 CPUs of Mario and Sonic was always interesting), but I still think it would be best for the franchise to stay away from third-parties completely. I liked the way it was in Melee where it was purely Nintendo characters. Brawl strayed away from that and it felt watered-down.

I just want Mewtwo back. GTFO, Lucario.

Hahaha I so agree, Lucario had no place in Brawl. He's a goner. Mewtwo was so much cooler, even if he wasn't that good :/

#692 TotalSynthesisX

TotalSynthesisX

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hahaha I so agree, Lucario had no place in Brawl. He's a goner. Mewtwo was so much cooler, even if he wasn't that good :/

lol, Tiers R 4 Qu- yeah. And I really don't see why so many people deemed him a "bad" character. I kicked *** with Mewtwo. He was my second favorite character, next to Falco.

AAAGH I CAN'T WAIT FOR E3. I WANT TO SEE SOME SMASH BROS 4 FOOTAGE.

#693 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

lol, Tiers R 4 Qu- yeah. And I really don't see why so many people deemed him a "bad" character. I kicked *** with Mewtwo. He was my second favorite character, next to Falco.

Yeah I mean i don't really pay attention to tiers either, I play who I like playing with. Like Olimar!! And Wolf!! I wish I could play Melee... But I haven't played in so long, I'm terrible at it xD

And I know!!! Ahhhhhh almost only two months away!!!

#694 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Monster Hunter 3 weapons as in-game items :o ?

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#695 Blue22

Blue22

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • NNID:SockNinja!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

I want to see Maxwell from scribblenauts!

B special - summons a random firearm, from rocket launchers and

awesome things like that to water guns and potato cannons. they

despawn after firing.

up B - equips a jetpack or something to get a boost. The jetpack

despawns when the boost runs out.

side B - throws a small explosive. or maybe, a BIG explosive!

down B - spawns an animate object hostile to other players,

which despawns when it takes damage. or a cow from time

to time.

This move set would make Maxwell unpredictable and make

Mr game and watch seem simple, but it would be worth it

when your friends realize they were K.O'ed by a cow!

#696 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yeah I mean i don't really pay attention to tiers either, I play who I like playing with. Like Olimar!! And Wolf!! I wish I could play Melee... But I haven't played in so long, I'm terrible at it xD

And I know!!! Ahhhhhh almost only two months away!!!

The purpose of a tier list isn't to stop you from playing the character you like.

A large part of the tier list is based off of tournament results. The top players show how good a character can actually be, or show the character at it's current max potiental. Unless your Mewtwo kicked *** at tournaments with players who are actually good at the game & you consistantly place high with him, you only prove that your mewtwo can beat random scrubs/intermediate players, which of course means absolutely nothing if we are talking about which characters are the best at the game.

I've also noticed a trend, majority of the people who believe the whole "tiers 4 queers" crap are the bad-intermediate players. They NEVER actually disprove the tier list accuracy.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#697 TotalSynthesisX

TotalSynthesisX

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

The purpose of a tier list isn't to stop you from playing the character you like.

A large part of the tier list is based off of tournament results. The top players show how good a character can actually be, or show the character at it's current max potiental. Unless your Mewtwo kicked *** at tournaments with players who are actually good at the game & you consistantly place high with him, you only prove that your mewtwo can beat random scrubs/intermediate players, which of course means absolutely nothing if we are talking about which characters are the best at the game.

I've also noticed a trend, majority of the people who believe the whole "tiers 4 queers" crap are the bad-intermediate players. They NEVER actually disprove the tier list accuracy.

I was referring to how people label lower-tier characters as "crap" as if they're garbage and completely unusable. Lower-tier characters more or less put their user at a slight disadvantage.

And how do you come off judging my skill level based off my opinion of a character I use? As a counterexample, I've seen a lot of crappy players that use high-tier characters to compensate for their lack of skill at the game. Last time I checked, Meta Knight was banned from tournaments because he was so high on the tier list.

#698 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I was referring to how people label lower-tier characters as "crap" as if they're garbage and completely unusable. Lower-tier characters more or less put their user at a slight disadvantage.

And how do you come off judging my skill level based off my opinion of a character I use? As a counterexample, I've seen a lot of crappy players that use high-tier characters to compensate for their lack of skill at the game. Last time I checked, Meta Knight was banned from tournaments because he was so high on the tier list.

Actually, Meta Knight is only banned in most United States tournaments. In other countries he isn't banned at all. 

And yeah, I know that the tier list is only based off of tournament results. I wasn't denying that, or saying that they aren't accurate or anything, I'm just saying I play who i enjoy playing with.  Olimar is actually high up on the tier list, while Wolf, the other character who I always use (and normally actually tend to do better with) is pretty low

#699 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

And yeah, I know that the tier list is only based off of tournament results. I wasn't denying that, or saying that they aren't accurate or anything, I'm just saying I play who i enjoy playing with.  Olimar is actually high up on the tier list, while Wolf, the other character who I always use (and normally actually tend to do better with) is pretty low

This is the same with me, i play with Kirby and Yoshi and both of them are pretty low down even tho i am quite good with them, tend never to die as them.

New character wise, am shocked no one has said about Zoroark from Gen 5 pokemon, the one to replace Lucario in brawl.

The main Protagonist from Castlevania might make a appearance, 

Also a new character from Kid Icarus: Uprising might show up, maybe palutena?

Namco character? Pacman seems like the obvious choice.

The rest would probably be more characters from franchises that have already shown up. maybe add a 2 new ones aswell

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#700 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Looks like you were too busy being offended by what I said to actually understand it. You & players like you need to realize that there are CRAP characters in this game, if the top players with each characters has already proven this, opinions don't even matter, it's been proven already lol.

I didn't even specifically judge your skill level, I clearly said that I noticed a trend of how people LIKE you who says the Tiers 4 Queers bull crap never disprove the accuracy of the tier list. They talk talk talk but never go to a tournament with good players in it, then talk about how they're good at the game because they can beat their noob friends lolz.

If your Mewtwo is good, go to a melee tournament of atleast 32+ players & place top 8. If not then you can't back up what you say about the tier list. :Y

EDIT: Meta Knight was banned for like 2 1/2 months in some parts of North America lol, the rest of the world didn't even apply the ban.

Sure some characters can place good in a tournament, but you'll never see even the best Link player place top 4 at a national tournament lol.

Edited by LK9T9, 01 April 2013 - 08:24 AM.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super, Smash, Bros, Ideas, Paper, Luigi, Paper luigi

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!