Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

So aside from characters, where's what I want in the next Smash Bros. 4:

• Change back Mario's Down B. FLUDD was so awful, that Mario may as well had no Down B move. 

WHAT?!? Did i hear you right? NO MORE DOWN B MARIO??? That was the best move for mario, you throw someone off the edge, and if they try to get back on squirt water on them and its almost a certain kill! (obviously unless they try to come from the top, but from the bottom its a win)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#722 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

I'm actually interested in seeing SSB4, when i was little i played a LOT of Melee and enjoyed it a lot, so this will be interesting...

#723 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

WHAT?!? Did i hear you right? NO MORE DOWN B MARIO??? That was the best move for mario, you throw someone off the edge, and if they try to get back on squirt water on them and its almost a certain kill! (obviously unless they try to come from the top, but from the bottom its a win)

Sure, useful against characters with terrible recovery moves (i.e. Ganondorf). But against characters with good recovery moves or gimped recoveries? Forget it. And since I do play the game in the competitive scene, it serves me no purpose. Besides, it doesn't change the fact that Mario was nerfed in Brawl. 

Edited by magiciandude, 02 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#724 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I hope that people will play with items during tournaments. Also I hope that more random and possibly match ruining things will happen!

Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#725 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I hope that people will play with items during tournaments. Also I hope that more random and possibly match ruining things will happen!

That's not what tournaments are for. Tournaments are for determining who has more skill, not who is closer to a better item when it drops.  When you're playing for fun, not super competitive, then items are fine. Why would you want items in a tournament of skill?

#726 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Something tells me you're not a very skilled player :D

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#727 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

About the Name...

What about:

- Super Smash Brothers Unrivaled

- Super Smash Brother Unicorns

- Uber Smash Brothers

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#728 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

- Super Smash Brother Unicorns

Make it happen, Nintendo! The fans are waiting!

#729 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

That's not what tournaments are for. Tournaments are for determining who has more skill, not who is closer to a better item when it drops.  When you're playing for fun, not super competitive, then items are fine. Why would you want items in a tournament of skill?

I think tournaments should measure how good you are at the game. If luck is a part of the game, then it should be included.

Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#730 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think tournaments should measure how good you are at the game. If luck is a part of the game, then it should be included.

That isn't a test of skill though. That isn't what tournaments are about. They aren't about luck, they are about how good you are at the game. Items are when you are playing casually with your friends, and I'm not dissing items in anyway by saying that. They're fun! I love playing with items when everything is just for fun! But if someone challenges me, or if I'm entering a tournament soon, I don't practice using items correctly. It makes no sense. That isn't what tournaments are for.

#731 boogiedjsmertrius

boogiedjsmertrius

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo , pc videogames

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

new super smash bros on the wiiu will require 3ds to complete it 100%

to get all unlockables,

Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS is an upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video game in the Super Smash Bros. series. It is being developed by Namco Bandai Games, and directed by series creator Masahiro Sakurai. The game was announced at E3 2011 by Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. During the presentation he confirmed that both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will feature some sort of cross-platfrom connectivity.

http://nintendo.wiki...os._Wii_U_/_3DS

#732 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

new super smash bros on the wiiu will require 3ds to complete it 100%

to get all unlockables,

Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS is an upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video game in the Super Smash Bros. series. It is being developed by Namco Bandai Games, and directed by series creator Masahiro Sakurai. The game was announced at E3 2011 by Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. During the presentation he confirmed that both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will feature some sort of cross-platfrom connectivity.

http://nintendo.wiki...os._Wii_U_/_3DS

Why have you made three accounts (possibly more I don't know about) all posting the exact same post?
Finally, the more you say that, the less inclined I am to buy Super Smash Bros, so sure, go ahead if you want to give it a bad name.

Edited by Half, 05 May 2013 - 12:30 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#733 zaine10

zaine10

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • NNID:zaine2013

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm really looking forward to this game, I kicked ass at the first two. I never went to any tournaments but I could hang with the best of them. Me and me brothers used to play all the time, but this time around I'm thinking I may indeed go to a tournament because I believe I'm good enough to win one.

#734 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Unless items are spawned at specific places at a set time interval, don't count on items being used in tournaments.

That aside E3 is but a month away meaning Smash 4 visuals & info coming soon!

zaine10, on 10 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:I'm really looking forward to this game, I kicked ass at the first two. I never went to any tournaments but I could hang with the best of them. Me and me brothers used to play all the time, but this time around I'm thinking I may indeed go to a tournament because I believe I'm good enough to win one.

If so, check out Smashboards. You'll find tournaments happening near you.

​1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#735 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I was just thinking, i really would like it if smash bros would ditch the wario ware scene and give wario his wario land hats?

maybe make his down be switch hats instead of farting.....

and maybe this will aspire to bring back traditional wario land games!!!

#736 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Nintendo confirms SSB4 to be discussed on the next Nintendo Direct which they said will happen before E3, hype!

​1187263_o.gif

#737 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

FINALLY someone who agrees with me! i like his moves as they are, because he technically still has his down b tornado attack.

#738 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Some type of Leaderboards / Ranking System for such a popular game would be a good idea!

​1187263_o.gif

#739 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Am I the only one here that loved brawl's adventure mode? U would make the game like brawl, but faster combat and more trophys, a lot more trophys.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#740 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Some type of Leaderboards / Ranking System for such a popular game would be a good idea!

I think I would cry if they didn't have a proper ranking system. That would be so important in this next one with a solid online system. PLEASE

Am I the only one here that loved brawl's adventure mode? U would make the game like brawl, but faster combat and more trophys, a lot more trophys.

No I enjoyed it quite a lot! I liked how all the characters interacted! I thought it was fun. Hopefully they expand off it in the new one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super, Smash, Bros, Ideas, Paper, Luigi, Paper luigi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!