umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

That's not my point. What I mean is, what does the Pac-Man universe have to offer in terms trophies, Assist Trophy, and most importantly the music? Obviously the stage will be from the original arcade, but after how terrible the arcade stages were in Brawl, I do not want to see another one. The reason I want Lloyd isn't just because of him, but because of what the Tales universe can offer in terms of Trophies, AT, and the music. The Tales series has some kick ass battle themes that would be great for SSB4. 

Well for the sake of discussion, The power pellet makes for a cool item, assist trophy could easily be the ghosts, and even Ms. Pac man. outside of that pac-man certainly has enough history for the collectable trophies and stickers if those return. Pac-man doesn't need to really offer alot of content, snake and sonic only had 1 assist trophy and stage, It will be ok for pac-man to be in the game.

#782 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Well for the sake of discussion, The power pellet makes for a cool item, assist trophy could easily be the ghosts, and even Ms. Pac man. outside of that pac-man certainly has enough history for the collectable trophies and stickers if those return. Pac-man doesn't need to really offer alot of content, snake and sonic only had 1 assist trophy and stage, It will be ok for pac-man to be in the game.

And what exactly would the ghosts do? I saw that coming btw lol. Trophies, let's see, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, the Ghosts, and..? I don't care about stickers, which is why I didn't bring up it in my post, so I'll let this pass. You didn't mention anything about music which I brought up in my post. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm not going to comment on the item because no item from a 3rd party game yet to appear. 

Now let's look at the Tales universe. Trophies. Characters not just from ToS, but from other Tales games that appeared on Nintendo systems. Lloyd's moveset would fit perfect for the Smash Bros. as the Tales series has similarities to the Smash series. Assist Trophy? Kratos using Judgement? Summon Spirit? A character from another Tales game that appeared in a Nintendo system? Kick ass battle songs from the Tales games. The Tales games pretty much scream "ADD ME TO SUPER SMASH BROS". 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#783 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

magiciandude, on 09 Jun 2013 - 7:54 PM, said:That's not my point. What I mean is, what does the Pac-Man universe have to offer in terms trophies, Assist Trophy, and most importantly the music? Obviously the stage will be from the original arcade, but after how terrible the arcade stages were in Brawl, I do not want to see another one. The reason I want Lloyd isn't just because of him, but because of what the Tales universe can offer in terms of Trophies, AT, and the music. The Tales series has some kick ass battle themes that would be great for SSB4. 

Trophies: Pac Man Ghost, Ms.Pac-Man, Pac Man Jr,
Assist Trophy: Pac Man Ghost could move around the stage dealing dmg to whoever runs into them.
Music:

Lloyd is cool & all, but I believe if Namco is going to put a character of theirs into the game, they'd go with someone more iconic, or atleast someone from a series they plan to make games on the Wii U for.

Edited by LK9T9, 10 June 2013 - 01:26 PM.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#784 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

magiciandude, on 09 Jun 2013 - 7:54 PM, said:That's not my point. What I mean is, what does the Pac-Man universe have to offer in terms trophies, Assist Trophy, and most importantly the music? Obviously the stage will be from the original arcade, but after how terrible the arcade stages were in Brawl, I do not want to see another one. The reason I want Lloyd isn't just because of him, but because of what the Tales universe can offer in terms of Trophies, AT, and the music. The Tales series has some kick ass battle themes that would be great for SSB4. 

Trophies: Pac Man Ghost, Ms.Pac-Man, Pac Man Jr,
Assist Trophy: Pac Man Ghost could move around the stage dealing dmg to whoever runs into them.
Music:

Lloyd is cool & all, but I believe if Namco is going to put a character of theirs into the game, they'd go with someone more iconic, or atleast someone from a series they plan to make games on the Wii U for.

Wow, that music was meh at best. I figured that's the only thing they could for trophies and AT. Like I said in an above post, the Tales universe has a lot to more offer. That basically confirms my thoughts about the Pac-Man universe having just about nothing interesting. The iconic argument is garbage when relevancy is brought up. What's the last Pac-Man game released that wasn't a remake of the original arcade or sports spinoff? Pac-Man World 3? Which I heard wasn't even that great. Before you bring up the upcoming Pac-Man, it's only based on the upcoming cartoon and anything non-video game related is off-limits in SSB.

You know why the Tales universe should be in over Pac-Man? Because the Tales series definitely needs a boost in recognition in the West moreso than Pac-Man. Marth and Roy in SSBM are the best examples, it's what brought Fire Emblem to the US. That sort of promotion could help Tales being released in the US more often. Plus since Tales games play almost like SSB, it would be an easy transition over SSB4. Another thing to note: one of the Tales developers said they wanted a Tales character to appear in SSB4 and one of the Tales directors is producing the game, so I'd say it has a good shot. Source. If you're familiar with how Snake got in SSBB, then it shows that a Tales character does have a chance. 

Now these are what you call battle tunes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MuAtwLwcKc

Edited by magiciandude, 10 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#785 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

magiciandude, on 10 Jun 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:Wow, that music was meh at best. I figured that's the only thing they could for trophies and AT. Like I said in an above post, the Tales universe has a lot to more offer. That basically confirms my thoughts about the Pac-Man universe having just about nothing interesting. The iconic argument is garbage when relevancy is brought up. What's the last Pac-Man game released that wasn't a remake of the original arcade or sports spinoff? Pac-Man World 3? Which I heard wasn't even that great. Before you bring up the upcoming Pac-Man, it's only based on the upcoming cartoon and anything non-video game related is off-limits in SSB.
You know why the Tales universe should be in over Pac-Man? Because the Tales series definitely needs a boost in recognition in the West moreso than Pac-Man. Marth and Roy in SSBM are the best examples, it's what brought Fire Emblem to the US. That sort of promotion could help Tales being released in the US more often. Plus since Tales games play almost like SSB, it would be an easy transition over SSB4. Another thing to note: one of the Tales developers said they wanted a Tales character to appear in SSB4 and one of the Tales directors is producing the game, so I'd say it has a good shot. Source. If you're familiar with how Snake got in SSBB, then it shows that a Tales character does have a chance. 
Now these are what you call battle tunes:

You've made it clear yourself that Tales needs a boost, it's not that relevant right now. Sakurai isn't just looking for sorry games that need help bro lol. The tales creator doesn't even plan on bringing any tales games to Wii U right now either, I doubt he has interest in bringing it to Smash. Lol @ the pac-man relevancy thing though AS IF Pac-Man needs to make himself more relevant than what he already is. He's a gaming icon, a legend if you will. Tales will NEVER catch up to his status, & I'm just speaking truth here. With that said, we are both just speculating. In the end I could honestly care less which one of em makes it in, I'm only interested in playing & scrapping people online & at tournaments once it comes out.

I prefer Karma btw. ;)

1187263_o.gif

#786 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

magiciandude, on 09 Jun 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:I'm sorry, but I just cannot bring myself to support Pac-Man. Aside from the fact that I want Lloyd from ToS way more than Pac-Man, the Pac-Man universe just doesn't have much to offer in terms of content. 

Just think of him as one of those characters you never thought you'd like but once you use him you'll have a lot of fun. If you've played all 3 Pac-Man World games you'd know what I'm talking about. I always say this because MOST of the time people talk about how they don't like Pac-Man or he can't fit well, but those people have never seen or more importantly played the Pac-Man World series.

CookieEpic, on 09 Jun 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:This has probably been said already, but what about the extreme slim chance we get Quote in the new smash bros?
Yes, cave story isn't exactly well known to people, but i still think it would make an amazing moveset.

I know nothing about Cave Story, is it strictly Nintendo? Quote looks like a cool character so I'd like to see him in. I want a few characters I'm not familar with.

No, cave story is not strictly nintendo. It was an indie game in 2004 that was a cult classic- Eventually it got remade and ported to nintendo consoles with massive acclaim. Go play the original, free version on the "cavestory.org" website. You need to play it. It's one of the greatest indie games ever made.

(Did i mention it was made in 5 years by a single man? He is called "Pixel" by his fans)

Edited by CookieEpic, 10 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

86c.gif

#787 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

You've made it clear yourself that Tales needs a boost, it's not that relevant right now. Sakurai isn't just looking for sorry games that need help bro lol. The tales creator doesn't even plan on bringing any tales games to Wii U right now either, I doubt he has interest in bringing it to Smash. Lol @ the pac-man relevancy thing though AS IF Pac-Man needs to make himself more relevant than what he already is. He's a gaming icon, a legend if you will. Tales will NEVER catch up to his status, & I'm just speaking truth here. With that said, we are both just speculating. In the end I could honestly care less which one of em makes it in, I'm only interested in playing & scrapping people online & at tournaments once it comes out.

Eh? How do you know what Sakurai isn't looking for games that need help? Did I somehow miss an interview where he specifically said that? Well whatever, it's as you say, it's useless speculating when it's up to Sakurai. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac-Man, but he just doesn't have the flavor that other 3rd party series have. We'll find out tomorrow. 

#788 just2good

just2good

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

We got Villager and Mega Man. I'm happy.

#789 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

We got Villager and Mega Man. I'm happy.

Also I'm guessing new characters will be announced later on. This is epic!

Signature_DK.png

#790 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Pit has a revamped moveset, as demonstrated by use of a claw/arm in what could be a dash attack.

#791 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

If the trailer was any indication, looks like we might get some more epic pre-rendered cutscenes! :P :D

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#792 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

All we learnt is Luigi still is a secret character, even in the year of Luigi :P

#793 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

super smash bros 4

has been put back until 2014

according latest nintendo direct

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

#794 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

The trailer was amazing, so glad we got classic MegaMan!

1187263_o.gif

#795 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

The trailer was amazing, so glad we got classic MegaMan!

Hey we finally agree on something! :P

I gotta admit, I'm surprised they didn't a Namco character as the first 3rd party character to be shown. I guess they haven't decided yet?

Edited by magiciandude, 11 June 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#796 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Villager looks creepy, but I like it.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#797 just2good

just2good

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think the Villager is a Wii U exclusive. All of his official pictures are on the Wii U version.

#798 NicMDS

NicMDS

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hey we finally agree on something! :P

I gotta admit, I'm surprised they didn't a Namco character as the first 3rd party character to be shown. I guess they haven't decided yet?

It's not why Namco is helping in the dev that it'll be a character of them in it. As I said before, from Third, we'll only see Megaman and Sonic, or Bomberman.

#799 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Wii Fit trainer?!!!
Whaaaaat.
I really hope Ghiriham is in the game!

#800 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

VIlLAGER VILLAGER VILLAGER
HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS

OH MY GOD

THIS IS AWESOME

86c.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super, Smash, Bros, Ideas, Paper, Luigi, Paper luigi

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!