#61 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

I think they should do it.I know they will lose thier wii brand but to be honest the Nintendo brand itself is pretty big itself.Plus it would easier for the causals to know as well as more straightforward to market
Nintendo U
Nintendo+
Wii+
Wii2
YouControl
You+
GGG
Posted Image

#62 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

the nintendo Experience would be a nice name since they were emphasising on the unique experience the wii u gives at e3 2011 and probably will throughout it's life

Signature_Fox.png

#63 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

I'm actually thinking that Nintendo may actually change the name for this one. But for the sake of not embarrassing myself for being so sure, I'm not setting that thought on concrete. I don't really care though. I like Wii U; it's grown on me. But a better name is always welcome, and there are many out there such as those you guys mentioned.
Nintendo Revolution for me.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#64 BDB

BDB

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

I do like the 'Nintendo U', but they're going to have to really emphasize NINTENDO in the Nintendo U. Of course, this just reminds me of back before the Wii was released and people made fun of Wii, and started calling it "We" or "Yes". Nintendo Revolution sounds nice, too.

The best thing Nintendo can do is stray away from gimmicky titles (a title that describes some of the 'exciting' features of the console, etc.) and titles that have the Wii attached to it. I think the reason why I like the names Nintendo U and Nintendo Revolution is because it has the name Nintendo predominantly in it. The reason I don't like the Nintendo Revolution is because the word revolution is a commonly-used word, and what you really need is a distinctive yet simple name for people to really grab on to.

#65 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

NES U
Posted Image

#66 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

I think Wii U is a better name than most of the stuff you guys have thought of. Seriously.
Posted Image

#67 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

I think Wii U is a better name than most of the stuff you guys have thought of. Seriously.

no offense to anyone, but i agree with this, however i still want a rename
Posted Image

#68 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Nintendo Zapmaster

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#69 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

NSS
Nintendo
Streaming
System
Posted Image

#70 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Anything with "stream" in it will be misleading thanks to game streaming services.

I like Revolution, but it's a common word so it can't be trademarked. I just hope that whatever Nintendo comes up with is better than Wii U.

#71 Luna☆

Luna☆

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:Luna22
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Kingdom Hearts and Tales of.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

I hope they leave the name as it's.

I really like the name.
Sorry for my bad english.

#72 BDB

BDB

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

NSS
Nintendo
Streaming
System

The Nintendo SS. Yeah.

#73 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

NSS
Nintendo
Streaming
System

That's kinda cool.

Wait, I have an idea, How about NESS!?! Nintendo Entertainment Streaming System?!?! (Yeah, bad pun, so sue me.)

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 20 February 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#74 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Honestly, the Wii U name is fine. Nintendo just needs to make it clear at e3 and in their Wii U marketing campaign that Wii U is a new system, not a Wii with a new controller.

#75 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's kinda cool.

Wait, I have an idea, How about NESS!?! Nintendo Entertainment Streaming System?!?! (Yeah, bad pun, so sue me.)

More like NSES

#76 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Honestly, the Wii U name is fine. Nintendo just needs to make it clear at e3 and in their Wii U marketing campaign that Wii U is a new system, not a Wii with a new controller.

That's pretty much it. If Nintendo can accomplish this task then they are good to go.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#77 Zix

Zix

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

http://www.computera...-sources-claim/

"It's been indicated that Nintendo is keen not to repeat the same mistakes with its next-generation home console, and we're told a change of name is a real possibility - especially after president Satoru Iwata told investors Wii U needs to learn "a bitter lesson" from 3DS and public confusion over its features."

It's just a name but this makes me really happy:D.

What names do you hope Nintendo could change it to?

I hope Nintendo Revolution/Revolution

Im with you, but I doubt Ninty will change it, I know the changed Revolution to Wii, but I think they will stick with Wii U now!

#78 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Im with you, but I doubt Ninty will change it, I know the changed Revolution to Wii, but I think they will stick with Wii U now!

Why do you say that? I've been looking through the past few generations, and ever since E3 first came out, Nintendo always changes the name the year it comes out, I doubt they won't do the same here.

Besides, having the Wii name in there is not a good option, especially since Reggie has gone on the record saying the audience is different than who bought the Wii, meaning it's for the hardcore.

http://wiiugo.com/re...game-transfers/

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 24 February 2012 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#79 Zix

Zix

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Why do you say that? I've been looking through the past few generations, and ever since E3 first came out, Nintendo always changes the name the year it comes out, I doubt they won't do the same here.

Besides, having the Wii name in there is not a good option, especially since Reggie has gone on the record saying the audience is different than who bought the Wii, meaning it's for the hardcore.

http://wiiugo.com/re...game-transfers/

well i guess I never thought of it like that........... I guess we will know for sure at E3 anyway, I just think with us being only 6-10 months from the release that they would have changed it by now.

But then again like you emphasized, things like this have happened before so you never know. But well have to wait untill E3 2012 to know for sure.

Edited by Zix, 24 February 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#80 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

They only changed that because it was the Wii's codename, it was never going to be its real name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!