#21 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well rather than Revolution I like the name Nintendo Evolution Entertainment System or for short NEES. WAIT WHAT ABOUT Wii Revolution U but for short Wii R U!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#22 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I like "N-Dimension" or Nintendo Dimension because of the many different ways the console could be played. But really when you think about what was the coolest named Nintendo home console? The more I think about it what is or was the greatest name for any home console? Probably another topic sorry but yeah. What ever the name of Nintendo's home console doesn't matter as long as I got one and I'm having a blast playing.

#23 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

I would love this to be real but Its not going to happen I know, but still they should name it Wiivolution!!!
Just Joking Horrible Name how about WiiNova or WiiNexus or WiiCrysis!!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

I would love this to be real but Its not going to happen I know, but still they should name it Wiivolution!!!
Just Joking Horrible Name how about WiiNova or WiiNexus or WiiCrysis!!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#24 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

how come ur convinced it wont happen, i think its unlikely, but am still open to the possibility
Posted Image

#25 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

how come ur convinced it wont happen, i think its unlikely, but am still open to the possibility

Actully, it's more likley then you think.

The Nintendo 64 was going to be named Nintendo Ultra 64 but before they released it they took Ultra out of the name.
The Gamecube was going to be called Dolphin but before they released it they just changed it to Gamecube
And then Wii was going to be named Revolution but they wanted to change it so they called it Wii.

Nintendo changing the name for Wii U would not be shocking.

#26 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

The Nintendo 64 was going to be named Nintendo Ultra 64 but before they released it they took Ultra out of the name.
The Gamecube was going to be called Dolphin but before they released it they just changed it to Gamecube
And then Wii was going to be named Revolution but they wanted to change it so they called it Wii.

alright thats awesome to hear!! :D and it also explains where the name dolphin came from
Posted Image

#27 Tux

Tux

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

I like "N-Dimension" or Nintendo Dimension because of the many different ways the console could be played. But really when you think about what was the coolest named Nintendo home console? The more I think about it what is or was the greatest name for any home console? Probably another topic sorry but yeah. What ever the name of Nintendo's home console doesn't matter as long as I got one and I'm having a blast playing.

I actually that name, it makes sense too. They keep talking about bringing the gamer into a new game world that surrounds them, dimension would work great.

Edited by Tux, 26 January 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#28 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

U-Stream

e674231265.jpg

#29 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Don't forget the DS, which for a short period of time was going to be called the Nintendo Nitro

Posted Image

#30 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

correct me if im wrong but weren't those just development code names? like every console has a code name while in development.

U-Stream

i like this the more i hear it... then they could still keep the "U" logo.

#31 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

correct me if im wrong but weren't those just development code names? like every console has a code name while in development.

in which case project cafe would have been the equivalent to revolution and dolphin and stuff, so yh good point
Posted Image

#32 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

U-Stream

U Stream is an online streaming website, isn't it? Don't think Nintendo could copyright that D:

Posted Image

#33 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yeah for the Gamecube, but Nintendo Ultra 64 was the final name for Nintendo 64 before they changed it, and Nintendo was thinking of a name for the Wii and was considering using Revolution as it's final name before they thought of Wii.

#34 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I don't expect much. Honestly Nintendo loves the "Wii" brand and I don't see them getting rid of it. I bet they will just name it Wii 2 for the casual crowd to treat it like an iPad 2. Than people will ask if they can use their wii games for it and wii controllers and people will say "yes" and then they will question whats the point in buying a new console if they can just keep their wii games. Than they will ask if wii 2 games can be played in the wii 1 and all this BS will occur.

What I hope for is just the Nintendo U.

U is for you.
U is for ultimate
U is for utopia
U is for Universe

Or go with something cool like Nintendo Zion (posted that name in the what would you name the wii. Thread)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#35 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't expect much. Honestly Nintendo loves the "Wii" brand and I don't see them getting rid of it. I bet they will just name it Wii 2 for the casual crowd to treat it like an iPad 2. Than people will ask if they can use their wii games for it and wii controllers and people will say "yes" and then they will question whats the point in buying a new console if they can just keep their wii games. Than they will ask if wii 2 games can be played in the wii 1 and all this BS will occur.

What I hope for is just the Nintendo U.

U is for you.
U is for ultimate
U is for utopia
U is for Universe

Or go with something cool like Nintendo Zion (posted that name in the what would you name the wii. Thread)

sorry bro but zion? u know what that means right? you know zionism is like the ideology behind the creation of israel, its not a simple name to be given to anything, and it's a very sensitive issue too, cool word but with HUGELY controversial implications
Posted Image

#36 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

sorry bro but zion? u know what that means right? you know zionism is like the ideology behind the creation of israel, its not a simple name to be given to anything, and it's a very sensitive issue too, cool word but with HUGELY controversial implications

Yeah it also means utopia. Maybe reword it to Scion or something like the car brand haha.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#37 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Yeah it also means utopia. Maybe reword it to Scion or something like the car brand haha.

oh cool i never knew that meaning, good to know
Posted Image

#38 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

I think they are going to remove Wii from the name and call it Nintendo U.
And the slogan would be "the perfect console for U!"

I agree it, it would make sense since " wii " is what scares off the hardcore gamers, and it woundn't be a big leap from wii u.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#39 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I've grown so much to the name 'Wii U' that I can't think of anything else to name it. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#40 Schroedus

Schroedus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

UNES (Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System) or the Nintendo Revolution. That would be awesome.

Edited by SuperEnigmation, 26 January 2012 - 02:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!