#1 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Vote which names you like, for the renaming.

Vote if you want or do not want it to be renamed.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 06 April 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#2 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

The nintendo stream sounds really jazzy!
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

I like Nintendo Revolution.
It says something about the console just by it's name. And of course, it sounds awesome to say!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yes, I sure love those two.

Nintendo Revo
and Nintendo Stream are my Favs.

#5 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

To be honest, I like the name Wii U. It's simple to say. It's easy to remember. It also fit's the system in many ways. With the Wii U, Nintendo wants to expand upon the ideals they put into place with the Wii. They want to make gaming more accessible to the everyday "casual" crowd. They want to provide content that can please both the people who've been playing games ever since they could hold a controller, and those who just play games on an every now-n-then basis. As for people becoming confused like they did with the 3DS; considering that the Wii has only had one redesign, which was still called Wii and not something like Wii Lite, I don't think the Wii U will have as-big a problem. As for the so-called "core" gamers not buying it because of the Wii name, only the biggest fanboy drones would use that as their excuse. They wouldn't buy it no matter what they called it. Content has, and always will be, king. If the Wii U can gain and maintain 3rd party support through the end of the 8th generation, along with Nintendo's seemingly never-ending supply of AAA first party titles, gamers will buy it.

However, If I had to choose a rename, it would be the Nintendo U.

Edited by Link, 28 January 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#6 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

I hate how they've named it Wii U :L People'll just think it's an upgrade of the wii like they did for the 3DS :L

I put other, cuz revolution sounds too long, and stream just doesn't sound right... plus, it'll go with the nintendo toilet theme XD Maybe the revo? lol I'm no good at naming stuff :P

Posted Image

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Link I could not have said it better. I too like Nintendo U
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#8 Lady Rarity Pony

Lady Rarity Pony

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Schutzstaffel

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

well I think all these names sound terrible :X
...but I would go with Nintendo U if it had to be renamed.
Posted Image

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I like Nintendo Revolution.
It says something about the console just by it's name. And of course, it sounds awesome to say!

^This

If it's not that other names would be Ultra Nintendo Entertainment Systems, Ultra Wii, Super Wii.

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

well I think all these names sound terrible :X
...but I would go with Nintendo U if it had to be renamed.

What would you call it then. These are the most popular names in the forums, besides Gyro.

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

i like the name wii u, but Wii hasn't got the greatest reputation with many people, so a change would be good for that, those who do love the wii, only need to see nintendo's name to want the next console, they don't need the name wii. so a name change would be beneficial in all aspects i think. nintendo revolution sounds good to me, but something completely different might be better still. i admit im not keen on the name "nintendo U" it doesnt seem like it would make sense until years down the line when lots of people own it, it would be wierd in the beginning
Posted Image

#12 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

I love the name Wii U. I don't get how people hate the name so much; after all, you don't judge a system by it's name.
But, If I got to choose the name (based on the names above) it'd be Nintendo Revolution.

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

after all, you don't judge a system by it's name.

Exactly, but many people don't understand that.

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

i say wii u is good name i think it means wii (console) and "U" (the controller/tablet) im gonna call the controller UBOVA!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

I definitely want the name changed, mostly because I want the 'Wii' dropped. Ultra Nintendo sounds awesome. Nintendo Revolution is pretty cool too.
Posted Image

#16 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

While I think Wii U is a good name, I think Nintendo can, and should, choose a better one. Let's face it, the 3DS debacle, along with so-called "hardcore" gamers calling the Wii a kiddie system, keeping the Wii brand could end up hurting the system rather than helping.

Yes, keeping the Wii brand could have loyalists come on board, but if that's the case, why did they drop the Nintendo Entertainment System brand after the SNES? I'm just saying those who love Nintendo will always buy Nintendo.

Besides, I am a firm believer in Nintendo being the brand, not the system like the Wii or the NES.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#17 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

To be perfectly honest I think the Wii U is a fine name.
Posted Image

#18 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

I dont like WiiU because it sounds like a continuation of a Wii franchise... and that franchise was known by nearly all non-nintendo gamers as casual, suck-the-money-out-of-your-grandparents toy, and usless as a gaming platform.... needles to say i did not like those people..... But i think the name Nintendo will be recognized by the more "once in a while" gamers, while the console will be constantly stared at by "full-time" gamers... So as long as they recognize its Nintendo then the Wii name is a little .... pointless. I dont think they need to name it after the predicessor (i know it has worked in the past.... and the other 2 big companies do it... but dangit i like to see what names they come up with!)... I voted Nintendo Stream (i know toilet jokes, but cmon that's temporary), but i find UNES a pretty good choice too. Most gamers are more concerned with the games & services the console offers not the name.... so i dont feel the name needs to some how convince people to buy it, it just needs to represent the situation. AND YES in the Iwata Asks interview they had said they named it WiiU because it is everything they wanted to do with the wii that wasn't possible and it is supposed to be a more widely appealing wii.... but i feel for it is more of a return to Nintendo's focus on power in a system rather than size, energy use, and "once in a while" gamer friendly. What i mean is WiiU is coming after the Wii , which introduced a new generation & new audience to videogames. Because of this they needed it to be cheaper, smaller, and make games less threatning (well for the most part... not all games got this). Now that they have been pulled in NINTENDO WILL GO FULL FORCE ON BOTH HIGHLY CLASSIC BUTTON COMPLICATIONS AND MORE FRIENDLY GAME TYPES!! THEN THEY SHALL RULE THE WORLD!!!!... i have to0 tread lightly on this topic... but basically what im saying is: The Wii was a more non-gamer friendly deparcher from the standard formula of gaming consoles. NOT a bad one, Nintendo still kept their quality in game making. But they had to sacrifice some energy to pull in more people into the market that is VideoGame Sales... they may have very well saved the gaming industry ahead of time...THANK YOU NINTENDO.... but now they have these new gamers in the loop, and can create any game they wish while stil keeping this audience..... i hope nobody kills me because of this....anyway... The wiiU is not the same bold move as the Wii, its seems a little bit closer to the regular formula that Wii stepped away from.... therefore it is not a "Wii" move... its more a "SNES" move.... catch my drift?

STILL A GOOD MOVE THOUGH... just want to clarify
I LIKE IT TOO
Posted Image

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Exactly, but many people don't understand that.

If people judged consoles by their names we would think XBOX is '4 teh haardcorez!', Playstation is for the kidz (think about how cheesy and childish the name sounds for the moment), and the Wii.......don't even get me started with the Wii....

Edited by Joshua, 28 January 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

The thing is Nintendo is known for being kiddie; so any gamer will think anything Nintendo is for kids. The Wii branding should stay because believe it or not there are people who don't know Nintendo made the Wii. That's part of the reason you don't see Nintendo in its name.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rename WiiU, Poll, Yes, No, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!