Photo

do you think it will be possible, that you could play ds/3ds games on the wii u?

wii u 3ds ds

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mike965

mike965

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

sorry if there's already a thread about this, I literally just joined two minutes ago.

ahead of time, sorry if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about (I will say here and now, that I don't know what I'm talking about.) I only have a ds lite, so I don't know how exactly the 3ds works, but from what I have heard, the menu, and downloading things, it's pretty much like a smaller version of the Wii. (which I do have.) but I'm probably wrong, so again, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just throwing this out there.

I've already done some looking into the thought of being able to play 3ds/ds games on the Wii u, because seeing how the Wii u has a handheld touchscreen controller with the same buttons as the ds, it seem pretty obvious that it would be a possibility to play ds games on the Wii u, a lot like the super gameboy where people played gameboy games on their n64, and a lot of people expressed that it would be really cool, but a lot of them pointed out that the image would be stretched and pixelated, and they said that this would be the main reason that this wouldn't work. how the super gameboy worked was that the games already had higher quality sprites built into them just for this purpose, which is something that the ds/3ds games don't have. (now this is the part where I don't really know what I'm talking about, because I don't exactly know how downloading things works on the 3ds, then again, none of us know how it works on the Wii u.) wouldn't it be possible for Nintendo to redesign the sprites, to be more high depth, and then we could just download a separate sprite package for each game, to the Wii u, (not downloading all of the games to the Wii u at once, no you just search for your game and download it.) so that when we hook up our 3ds/ds to the wii u, it will automatically be hd. or even it could be built into the wii u, that the moment we hook up our ds, it would automatically search for that specific game's sprites, download them, and then we could play, for this idea, there would be a few minute wait process before we could play our game for the first time on the Wii u though, but I'm sure that most of us wouldn't mind, after all it would just be for that first time.

yes this would require a little bit of extra effort of Nintendo's behalf, but it would increase customer satisfaction, really boost their 3ds sales, etc, etc. although one problem, I see with this, (and proves that my idea is still half baked.) is that they would need to get all of the 3rd party companies that created the games to go along with it, and redesign their sprites. but maybe when you hook up your games, that belong the companies didn't agree to redesign the sprites for, to the Wii u, one of two things could happen then, it could say you couldn't play the game at all, or it could say that you can play it, but the image resolution will suck. (of course said in more professional terms lol.) or maybe even Nintendo could take it upon themselves to redesign the sprites (but I doubt that they would do that, 1. I'm sure there are legal issues, and 2. it's impractical.)

one other thing that I know will be brought up, is that you couldn't do anything in 3d. but actually wii u is capable of 3d, but Nintendo isn't focusing on that because most people don't have 3dtv's. but if you really want 3d, there you go. or I know a lot of people turn the 3d off. I'm sure that a lot of people can live without it being 3d on their tv, but if you want to have 3d that bad (and don't have a 3d tv.) then you don't have to play it on your tv.

my whole idea is just half baked, and stupid, but what do you think?

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

There are rumors that a lot of new 3ds games will have wii u functionality and vice versa. To what extent we have to wait until e3 and find out. I think at e3 we are gonna find out the 3ds is a more capable handheld then previously thought

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Yes. I think DS games will be on the E-store but not 3ds games because they will most likely have connectivity.

#4 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

It's possible, but will it happen? No :3

Edited by MiSoRamen, 02 June 2012 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I agree with you^ But still it is always possible.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

It won't happen for obvious reasons.
Posted Image

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

It won't happen for obvious reasons.

ds games can happen though.

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

All I can think of is ugly, stretched resolutions.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

ds games can happen though.

It won't though.
Posted Image

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm sure its possible... But it probably won't happen...

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

It won't though.

How u know boi. There going to stop making Ds games eventually if they haven't yet. People use emulators so it can be able to play Ds games like Mariokart Ds or Metroid Prime Ds.

#12 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

How u know boi. There going to stop making Ds games eventually if they haven't yet. People use emulators so it can be able to play Ds games like Mariokart Ds or Metroid Prime Ds.

Because the DS is still in production and knowing Nintendo they'll wait a generation (or three) to allow you to download DS games. Another reason is because we still haven't seen GBA games on the the Eshop (excluding the ambassador titles). Yes, I can see the future.
Posted Image

#13 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

this is allllllll speculation here but

3ds and ds download-ables and other select games (like what i thought about scribblenauts for both 3ds and wiiu) might be available to play in a 2 screen (controller and tv) or controller fashion

i find what i said half-likely of any form of what i described will happen, and i bet not very often

to be more on topic the chances of plain old ds non-downloadable titles on the wiiu is just not going to happen.

Edited by uh20, 02 June 2012 - 08:01 PM.

:laugh:

#14 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

It probably won't DS games are not made for screens that big and are still in production.

#15 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

-show me where you can delete a post

Edited by uh20, 02 June 2012 - 09:08 PM.

:laugh:

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

yea its not gonna happen and honestly idk why anyone would want to play a ds on a home console, not to mention the resolution would be terrible.

#17 mike965

mike965

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

All I can think of is ugly, stretched resolutions.

It probably won't DS games are not made for screens that big and are still in production.

yea its not gonna happen and honestly idk why anyone would want to play a ds on a home console, not to mention the resolution would be terrible.

What I pretty much described (I obviously didn't do too good a job doing it.) was downloading the sprites to your wii u, (not the game just the sprites so that you still have to hook up your ds/3ds) so that you wouldn't get the stretched screen and ugly resoluion.

Yes I doubt that nintendo did/will do that, but hey it's an idea, they have to have something planned, because the whole fact that the wii u looks like a blown up, cut in half fancier ds, doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Although admittedly, I know that I'm probably wrong. you guys know more about this Than I do, all I've done is an hours worth of google searching.

#18 mrsal511

mrsal511

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Well you could play the DS game just on the controller screen? Still though, console systems are for console games, handheld systems are for handheld games. Why do we get that confused? I don't mind using the DS as a controller for a console, but not to play the DS games ON the console.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, 3ds, ds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!