#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

yh i wish nintendo would do this for GTA V is stupid 2K or whatever don't want to publish a wii u version

Rockstar don't blame 2k...

#22 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Rockstar don't blame 2k...

why? Rockstar have only said it would be cool and they're always looking to expand onto new platforms. 2K's CEO was the one who said he was skeptical of wii u. so i think we should blame 2K
Posted Image

#23 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

why? Rockstar have only said it would be cool and they're always looking to expand onto new platforms. 2K's CEO was the one who said he was skeptical of wii u. so i think we should blame 2K

No Take 2's CEO said that.
Take Two owns 2k and Rockstar and the owner of the company that owns them is skeptical.

#24 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

No Take 2's CEO said that.
Take Two owns 2k and Rockstar and the owner of the company that owns them is skeptical.

yh yh you're absolutely right, i always get mixed up with 2K and take two. thanks. so i blame take two not rockstar
Posted Image

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

yh yh you're absolutely right, i always get mixed up with 2K and take two. thanks. so i blame take two not rockstar

The leader of Rockstar can tell the Take 2 CEO that "This console is powerful enough to run it and the game is anticipated a lot" So Rockstar can make it.

#26 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'd really love to see a borderlands 1&2 bundle/triligy type of game for wiiu.

#27 Ridley's Revenge

Ridley's Revenge

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mass Effect and Nintendo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yes, this needs to happen!!! I was planning on getting this for PC but if it comes to Wii U I'll definitly buy it!!

#28 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Yes, this needs to happen!!! I was planning on getting this for PC but if it comes to Wii U I'll definitly buy it!!

Lol you'd really choose the Wii U version over the PC one?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#29 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

I would, I have two words for why, inventory management.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#30 Ridley's Revenge

Ridley's Revenge

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

• Members
  • Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom: Okami, Fire Emblem, Z.O.E., Zelda
Posted 12 minutes ago

Posted ImageCUD, on 22 July 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

^^^THis

"I would, I have two words for why, inventory management."

^^^^This. Borderlands already has decent iventory management, but the Wii U's second screen could support on the fly weapon management, which would improve a game like Borderlands tremendously.</p>

Edited by Ridley's Revenge, 22 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#31 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

I can't see players managing their inventory while in battle so opening up a menu or looking at the touch screen would essentially be the same thing.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#32 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I can't see players managing their inventory while in battle so opening up a menu or looking at the touch screen would essentially be the same thing.

1: It eliminates a step in the process, instead of stopping and scrolling through menus, you instantly would have access to all your weapons and would able to change things simply by touching/dragging.
2: Whenever I got a new weapon while I am in a rush or anything like that I would pick up the gun without looking at stats, with a bottom screen you could be able to check on this weapon in comparison to your other equipment while still running toward your objective.
3: Have you ever been asked while in game whether you got a new SMG or something like that that your friend could use, or picked up their gun? I have and if I could just look down real quick scroll through and lose all my SMG's and say here take it, without leaving myself vulnerable and in a menu with no idea what is going on around me.
4: This really isn't related to inventory management but in Borderlands 1 I was constantly bringing up the map, having the option to have hat on the bottom screen would be 10x better.

I'm sure other people could think of better things than this (especially Gearbox) but these are some of my knee-jerk reaction answers.

2jd1178.jpg

#33 Ridley's Revenge

Ridley's Revenge

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

^^^^Some great ideas above me, also i do think equiping weapons on the fly could happen, and would lead to a much faster paced and more enjoyable Borderlands experience.

#34 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

1: It eliminates a step in the process, instead of stopping and scrolling through menus, you instantly would have access to all your weapons and would able to change things simply by touching/dragging.
2: Whenever I got a new weapon while I am in a rush or anything like that I would pick up the gun without looking at stats, with a bottom screen you could be able to check on this weapon in comparison to your other equipment while still running toward your objective.
3: Have you ever been asked while in game whether you got a new SMG or something like that that your friend could use, or picked up their gun? I have and if I could just look down real quick scroll through and lose all my SMG's and say here take it, without leaving myself vulnerable and in a menu with no idea what is going on around me.
4: This really isn't related to inventory management but in Borderlands 1 I was constantly bringing up the map, having the option to have hat on the bottom screen would be 10x better.

I'm sure other people could think of better things than this (especially Gearbox) but these are some of my knee-jerk reaction answers.

1. Unless they were to change the functionality of the inventory, which I doubt they would, that isn't going to be possible; they're not even doing the type of inventory that you described in ZombieU.

2. A dialog box comes up around the item showing its stats, having to look at another screen isn't making it any easier it's actually making it more difficult in this situation.

3. So you have to give your friend weapons while enemies are nearby? Of course not, stopping to look at the bottom screen and bringing up a menu are essentially the same thing just done differently; having to look down at a screen makes it less convenient if anything. In singleplayer Borderlands while in a menu such as your inventory or map the game around you will pause so in that situation you don't have to worry about any nearby threats.

4. The map is an advantage that I'll agree on, but even something as simple as a mini-map on the main screen would make navigating much easier.

So, I'm still not seeing the touch screen as that beneficial to inventory management in a game like this and speculating of possible implementation of the touch screen is kind of pointless as they may not even implement it how you described.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#35 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

1. Unless they were to change the functionality of the inventory, which I doubt they would, that isn't going to be possible; they're not even doing the type of inventory that you described in ZombieU.

2. A dialog box comes up around the item showing its stats, having to look at another screen isn't making it any easier it's actually making it more difficult in this situation.

3. So you have to give your friend weapons while enemies are nearby? Of course not, stopping to look at the bottom screen and bringing up a menu are essentially the same thing just done differently; having to look down at a screen makes it less convenient if anything. In singleplayer Borderlands while in a menu such as your inventory or map the game around you will pause so in that situation you don't have to worry about any nearby threats.

4. The map is an advantage that I'll agree on, but even something as simple as a mini-map on the main screen would make navigating much easier.

So, I'm still not seeing the touch screen as that beneficial to inventory management in a game like this and speculating of possible implementation of the touch screen is kind of pointless as they may not even implement it how you described.

You're right about the fact that speculating is pointless and since we aren't the developers we have no affect, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun speculating. Now as for it maybe not being implemented in this way, the man from Gearbox that gave us hope for a Wii U version said, "If Borderlands 2 was on the Wii U, the thing I would be most excited about is inventory management: it would be amazing on that, it would just be fantastic". That tells me that the most likely feature of Borderlands 2 on Wii U is better inventory management. Also, responding to my number 1 way, the reason this isn't implemented into ZombiU is because of the nature of it, you bring up the menu in the bottom screen to give you a sense of danger while you are changing weapons, this kind of atmospheric touch isn't necessary in a big action shooter.
If they were to create a Borderlands 2 for Wii U they would probably want to take advantage of what they have, does this mean they will? No. But is it cool to think about? Yes! Also switching from looking at the bottom screen isn't very cumbersome. Sometimes I will have my I pod in my lap for a walkthrough/achievement video/any video while playing a game, and its really similar to a DS in the since that it is pretty easy to switch.

Edited by SolxBurst, 23 July 2012 - 06:20 AM.

2jd1178.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gearbox, borderlands2, wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!