#1 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

I recently beat Other M. After hearing about how horrible a game it is from the internet and then playing it myself, I fell as though I played an entierly different game. This is really bugging me so i'm putting my thoughts on it here. I can understand some complaints the game has. The game is incredably linear compared to preavious games. Getting upset over the cinematic style of the game I can understand. Having a franchise you grew up with get a sudden change in direction from past can get to you.(Glares at Xross Wars and Zexal :angry: ) But I liked it, the animations (attacs and finishers) were cool and the puzzles felt like past Metroids.

Now onto the story, this story seems to have been far more overanalyzed than it desreves it's just so cliche. The plot of the game the way I see it is this Samus interceps an emigancy signal and meets up with a Galactic Federation squad. From this we find out that Samus used to be in the federation. In this squad is Samus's former commander Adam and friend Anthony. Adam states that if Samus wants to join the mission that she has to follow his orders amd Samus must limit her use of weapons. Not so unreasonable this is a rescue mission so you't want any chance of your men or the people your here to rescue in any more danger. This also serves as a way to introduce the manditory power-ups to progress this has it's flaws like in the hell run. As things go a mystirous creature (which eventually becomes Ridely but i'll get to that later)show up and starts causing trouble and gets the other beasts rilled up. As you further explore the ship you see evidence of metroid victoms and members of the squard start dying. You eventually meet up with a blonde scientist who says that the Galactic Federation was using the ship to experement with biowaepons, super soilders, and an AI security system that was meant to controll them going haywire. She also tells you that one member of the squad is killing of the others. You eventually discover Sector Zero where Metroids have had there one weakness cold geneticaly removed. Adam jetisons Sector Zero allong with him self to make sure that thier destroid. As you head to the final area you encouter a red haired scientist who says that the Galactic Federation got Metroid DNA from the baby that they scraped off Samus. The only reason that the baby is mentioned is to get the Metroids back in the story. The red haired scientist goes on to say that in order to controll the super soilders and Metroids they needed a mother brain. To gain the ideal amount of control over the exparements they give the mother brain clone (MB) a human forme the blonde scientist. The red haired scientist and MB eventually forme a mother-daughter relation ship. However the other scientists begin to fear MB when they go to capture her red hair does nothing MB goes crazy and causes all the chaos in the bottle ship. so you fight a Queen Metroid then go and find red and run into her and MB they talk the GF renforcements show up. MB is killed Anthony turns out to be alive. Right before the Bottle Ship is to be destroid Samus returns one last time to get Adams helmet.

So onto other things starting off Samus and Adam. This relation ship seems to be massivle blown out of proportion it's one of respect between a commanding officer and a former student. The real conflict between the to seems to come from Adam willing to sacrfice a life, His own with jettesening Sector Zero and reveled in a flash back his little brother to save an entire colony of people. Versues Samus wanting to protect life, she disobeyed orders by not killing the baby Metroid which was later captured by the space pirates then killed and scraped off Samus by the GF and given to the Bottle Ship making this all kinda her fault. Now onto Ridley before I go into the PTSD thing after the first boss an odd chicken thing shows up and starts eating it's corpse. Samus wonders if this thing used her to get food. It did and it's Ridley. Now first off every thing else here is trying to kill me and this thing just used me. Brushing it of turns out to be a misstake senes it grows up to be Ridley and kill a few people. Onto Samus's freak out when she meets Ridley I have no problem if you don't like this me i see it as the space dragon that killed Samus's parents that she thought she killed just showed up again. I think it's fine if she's freaked out.

Well I hope I got that out of my system. If anyone want's to further discuss this I am up for it.

#2 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

redhead's name is madeling bergman

madeline*
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#3 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

it was a spoiler so i just kinda read the beginning and end
yes, crowds always seem split between both linear and non-linear gaming
and truely it depends on the gameplay style to determine if the games best played linear
of course, you can also say too much linear is bad, because your playing a game, not watching a movie
:laugh:

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

If Samus hadn't been portrayed so immature and childish, I would have liked the game (apart from the linearity of course, that made it a bit boring at times). The gameplay was really good and different, even though it got cut off too often for cutscenes. So - more gameplay, less linearity, a mature Samus and this would have been a great game.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

I loved that game or was awesome!!!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I like the way the game played in terms of the fast paced action, and the awesome finishing moves, otherwise they took away everything that makes a Metroid game a Metroid game, and turned the main character into a unlikeable stereotype.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

While I didn't like the personality of Samus, I really enjoyed the gameplay.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

I actually liked Samus in this game, I don't believe her personality was childish at all. She lost her the people closest to her to a scary space dragon, and then the only friends she has left die. I don't it's realistic for people to think someone like this should be always serious and never allowed to cry or show emotion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metroid other m, spoilers, metroid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!