Photo

AC3 on Wii U is missing some graphical features?

AC3 wii u Graphics

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...ssing-features/

I dont really think this is real, i saw a gameplay from E3 and looks better than PS3 and xbox.
________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

I hate how the wii u is getting games like this, AC3, darksiders 2, Batman, Mass effect 3... anyone who was planning on getting these games isnt gonna wait around for all that extra time between their release dates and wii u launch, the hard core nintendo fans will (possibly, assuming all theyve owned is nintendo consoles) but they wont rebuy the same game, and the madden 13 not having the new physics engine or some online modes sounds gay, might as well call it madden 12... Nintendo has to break out the big guns real soon or i smell another 3ds launch flop in the making... :(

#3 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I didn't read the full article but I can tell you since I heard it being talked about before they twisted the information that was given ,what the dev(I think one of the people working on AC3) said was it was still on the wiiu a work in progress and they haven't got all the particles and lighting into the wiiu version yet due to them having less time on it than the other versions but will gets those affects before release.

I also believe the wiiu version will look just like the 360 version which both will be a bit better looking than the ps3 version which still suffers due to architecture.

Note: PC version is getting DX11 exclusive features weather or not any will be on the wiiu version is yet to be known but I assume no even if the wiiu could do them .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 23 August 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#4 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

but will gets those affects before release.

i hope.

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I didn't read the full article but I can tell you since I heard it being talked about before they twisted the information that was given ,what the dev(I think one of the people working on AC3) said was it was still on the wiiu a work in progress and they haven't got all the particles and lighting into the wiiu version yet due to them having less time on it than the other versions but will gets those affects before release.

I also believe the wiiu version will look just like the 360 version which both will be a bit better looking than the ps3 version which still suffers due to architecture.

Note: PC version is getting DX11 exclusive features weather or not any will be on the wiiu version is yet to be known but I assume no even if the wiiu could do them .

^^^This, just another case of Journalist manipulation

And considering how it was the best looking at E3, AND runs at 1080p60, its no way weaker
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yes, AC3 is a port with boosted resolution. Of course it's missing graphical features.

Aliens and Project C.A.R.S are going to be the first games to have beyond this gen textures.

Edited by Emblem, 23 August 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

^^^This, just another case of Journalist manipulation

And considering how it was the best looking at E3, AND runs at 1080p60, its no way weaker

Agreed this is just false to say it looks worse than the other version when everyone saw it at e3 and looked like the pc version lol.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

What has happened with Madden '13 (even if I could give a rat's ass about that franchise... or particular game type) is inexcusable. One of the things that really destroyed the Wii was it's ports lacking content.

Ass Creed III is missing a few graphical features. And from the sounds of it, just the simple things like sun reflections of metal or something so unnoticable unless you were directly comparing the two. People who buy the Wii U version aren't going to notice that, people aren't affected with a loss of content. IF people think this is a viable argument that the PS3 version is better, they need to get their priorities straightened.

Also that Pachter Jr troll. LOL

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Yes, the AC3 is a port with boosted resolution. Of course it's missing graphical features.

Aliens and Project C.A.R.S are going to be the first games to have beyond this gen textures.

I can See Project Cars BLOWING AWAY Xbox and PS3, Aliens though, they said could look extremely better on Wii U but had to keep it slightly above Xbox and PS3 so that the Wii U version wouldn't be the only version people buy and the Xbox and ps3 versions become wastes of money. (I think)

Edited by Heyheyharold, 23 August 2012 - 03:10 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

What has happened with Madden '13 (even if I could give a rat's ass about that franchise... or particular game type) is inexcusable. One of the things that really destroyed the Wii was it's ports lacking content.

Ass Creed III is missing a few graphical features. And from the sounds of it, just the simple things like sun reflections of metal or something so unnoticable unless you were directly comparing the two. People who buy the Wii U version aren't going to notice that, people aren't affected with a loss of content. IF people think this is a viable argument that the PS3 version is better, they need to get their priorities straightened.

Also that Pachter Jr troll. LOL

True, and Madden 13 is Ea's fault due to laziness. They should delay Madden.

#11 Nintendo_Dragon

Nintendo_Dragon

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Im waiting for Darksiders 2 on Wii U... As for AC3....Big woop a 3 week wait omfg the end of the world if you cant wait that amount of time.

I hate how the wii u is getting games like this, AC3, darksiders 2, Batman, Mass effect 3... anyone who was planning on getting these games isnt gonna wait around for all that extra time between their release dates and wii u launch, the hard core nintendo fans will (possibly, assuming all theyve owned is nintendo consoles) but they wont rebuy the same game, and the madden 13 not having the new physics engine or some online modes sounds gay, might as well call it madden 12... Nintendo has to break out the big guns real soon or i smell another 3ds launch flop in the making... :(

Edited by Nintendo_Dragon, 23 August 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#12 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
.......................THIS IS A LIE!

Edited by Link, 23 August 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image
.......................THIS IS A LIE!

http://www.google.com/search?q=agreed&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=4b82UJ6mLfCM6wGJu4HgCQ&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=4782UKOcMMao6wGw4oHgBQ#biv=i|0;d|Hh-NiFn_RSOOSM:

Signature_Fox.png

#14 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

It sounds like this is probably true. At least it isn't technical problems that is holding it back, rather a time issue. I'm not terribly upset by this.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#15 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

I read this as Animal Crossing, got my hopes up thinking there was going to be one for the Wii U :(
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

if im not mistaken the booth footage looks better cos its a higher resolution and frame rate, but there are a couple of effects like lighting missing, but they said they plan to bring it up to par with xbox360 and ps3 level, so fingers crossed they make it, as long as they try im happy :)

Edited by Crackkat, 23 August 2012 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

#17 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

i was led to beleive that assassins creed 3 looked best on wii u until now

#18 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

i was led to beleive that assassins creed 3 looked best on wii u until now

Looks better on wii u, trust me.

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Looks better on wii u, trust me.

have you seen it in person?

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

if im not mistaken the booth footage looks better cos its a higher resolution and frame rate, but there are a couple of effects like lighting missing, but they said they plan to bring it up to par with xbox360 and ps3 level, so fingers crossed they make it, as long as they try im happy :)

I believe so far we have never seen the wiiu version running in 1080 p and the footage we seen of it running on the wiiu was at 720 p booth footage itself though was hard to judge upon because we can't see the direct feed so with what we had available impossible to actually make detail comparisons of which one looked better not to mention at least on e3 AC3 wii footage the lighting made a blue blur on the screen which made the coloring wrong when recorded.

(Edit: I also know they was information about it running in 1080p but who said that was it a developer in an interview since I been hearing all sort of things .)

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 23 August 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AC3, wii u, Graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!