SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

This came from Jackson from 5th Cell.

There are no Wii U accomplishments that are system wide. They are up to the developers to include or not include. Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of "Global Starite Shards" which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren't area specific.

While this doesn't bug me personally, this might upset some others and affect their decision in buying a Wii U.

Does this bother you at all? Or are you not concerned about this info?

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=190192

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Why would this matter, most games have them built in anyway, which is better because the developers actually made accomplishments part of the game itself. Achievments are personally a waste of time to me, what do they even do for you and your accomplishments in game? Nothing , of course.

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think that this is a huge mistake on Nintendo's part, but whatevs, I probably wouldn't track many of them down anyways.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I agree with the Mig, it would have been a good idea for Nintendo to implement an achievement system; the only reason why they wouldn't would most likely be laziness.

This was already confirmed before, was it not?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

twas obvious. but you can share your crap via miiverse if you're so silly as to want to.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Nintendo believes players should make their own goals and accomplishments. What's in a piece of data that tells you what grand feats you've done? If something like this keeps someone from buying the Wii U, then they need to take another look at their life as a gamer.

System-wide accomplishments is hardly content. Not doing it isn't lazy at all because it's just too miniscule to even matter.

Edited by Press, 11 November 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#7 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

This increases the games life for the consumer. It's always fun tracking them down but i'd rather there be no trophy system then to have A ' PING [ swung sword once ] 5 g' while in the middle of A cutscene

1367065580450s.jpg

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Nintendo believes players should make their own goals and accomplishments. What's in a piece of data that tells you what grand feats you've done? If something like this keeps someone from buying the Wii U, then they need to take another look at their life as a gamer.

System-wide accomplishments is hardly content. Not doing it isn't lazy at all because it's just too miniscule to even matter.

Players should make their own goals? What kind of a cop out is that? They're the ones designing the games and the systems, they should be giving us things to accomplish; it's just laziness that they're not.

A lot of gamers these days put a lot of value into achievements/trophies so the Wii U lacking that feature will definitely be a factor in whether they buy the system or not. I personally don't need achievements to enjoy a game but I still think they're a good feature for a system to have.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

for me the best achievements on any game are the world of warcraft ones, they are very well made and there are a HUGE amount of them, someones almost impossible to accomplish and others are very challenging, ofc others are plain easy and the hardests ones rewards you with titles for your nick, mounts, pets and thing like that to show to the people that you have made something real hard, also the pop-up effect its nice when you make one

i find the xbox, ps and steam achievements very poor and lazy made

Edited by Stormage09, 11 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

It's all of these little things that keep adding up. No system wide accomplishments system, downloadable games being tied to a console and not an account, can't save any downloadable content to SD cards, and it all just makes me think less and less about getting a Wii U to be honest. And this is coming from someone who was super excited about the Wii U since it was announced in 2011, not just some hater troll.

All these little things do bother me...

#11 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

But dont worry some nintendo games will have em specially the sakurai ones (SSB), every square you see there is an achievement to unlock, behind every one there is a prize, trophies, stickers, new songs for the stages... etc

Posted ImagePosted Image

and kid icarus had that too, its made by sakurai

Edited by Stormage09, 11 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

So what's the difference between accomplishments and achievements/trophies? Can I anyone see my accomplishments? If it's just on my home console then why would they even have them? I completed New Super Mario Brothers Wii 100 percent, but I have nothing to show for it. Will this be the same?

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's all of these little things that keep adding up. No system wide accomplishments system, downloadable games being tied to a console and not an account, can't save any downloadable content to SD cards, and it all just makes me think less and less about getting a Wii U to be honest. And this is coming from someone who was super excited about the Wii U since it was announced in 2011, not just some hater troll.

All these little things do bother me...

Yeah, that's always how it goes with Nintendo systems.
But then you post before cud that you you as a person weigh the games you want versus the lack of features, and decide for yourself which are more important: mario, zeldo, and crap, or achievements, being about to log into your friends console and spend 3 hours downloading your game to show them what it's like or play it with them, or play your games from your sd card.

But dont worry some nintendo games will have em specially the sakurai ones (SSB), every square you see there is an achievement to unlock, behind every one there is a prize, trophies, stickers, new songs for the stages... etc

Posted ImagePosted Image

and kid icarus had that too, its made by sakurai

Except his company is now out of business.
Maybe there's a connection? Maybe he should have focused on controls rather than achievements?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, that's always how it goes with Nintendo systems.
But then you post before cud that you you as a person weigh the games you want versus the lack of features, and decide for yourself which are more important: mario, zeldo, and crap, or achievements, being about to log into your friends console and spend 3 hours downloading your game to show them what it's like or play it with them, or play your games from your sd card.

Except his company is now out of business.
Maybe there's a connection? Maybe he should have focused on controls rather than achievements?

I don't want to sound like a "Oh I must have the highest score!" kind of guy, but it's cool to compete with your friends and see how they've progressed in games. I wasn't planning on playing my digital games on friends systems either. It's just what if your console/hardrive dies? It's not tied to an account so you won't get those games back. I heard people calling nintendo and getting that ability, but it should be easily done by just the user. Such as with Steam, Xbox Live, or PSN. And with the SD cards, I understand the argument that downloading whole retail games is unrealistic anyway. My issue is then what IS the point of having SD cards then? What about DLC? eShop Games?

#15 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Zombi U will have leaderboards showing player scores and things like that in case some of you dont know, thats is kind of competition with other people
Posted Image

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I think this would have been cool with Miiverse but annoying as well. Imagine all the spam "Mission Accomplished by Gamefreak225 killed the Zombie wave."
It would be cool because achievements on Xbox make me play a game more.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don't want to sound like a "Oh I must have the highest score!" kind of guy, but it's cool to compete with your friends and see how they've progressed in games. I wasn't planning on playing my digital games on friends systems either. It's just what if your console/hardrive dies? It's not tied to an account so you won't get those games back. I heard people calling nintendo and getting that ability, but it should be easily done by just the user. Such as with Steam, Xbox Live, or PSN. And with the SD cards, I understand the argument that downloading whole retail games is unrealistic anyway. My issue is then what IS the point of having SD cards then? What about DLC? eShop Games?

The purchase is tied to the account though, so you can get the game(s) back.

I wasn't saying who's right or wrong. I'm saying when I weight all the stuff I want to do which includes seeing little messages saying i pwned noobs(achievements), sd card games being on them, voice chat, the other stuff we'll never get that's annoying against getting a mario game, the mario game makes the other stuff palatable.

I'll get fed up with it eventually, it's just mounting. Not yet at the level where I'll be able to looks down on all the games I'm missing from the list of features they don't support.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Try telling that to all the Playstation and Xbox players. Whilst I'm not that bothered about it it's hardly a miniscule matter. You may not care about it but a lot of people do. Not to mention why do you think you can criticise someone for not buying the Wii U because it doesn't have a universal achievement system. Also what's this rubbish about Nintendo believing that players should make their own goals and accomplishments. Whether its lazy or not if Nintendo are serious about competing against Microsoft and Sony and want to go after the hardcore market then they seriously need to reconsider this.

for me the best achievements on any game are the world of warcraft ones, they are very well made and there are a HUGE amount of them, someones almost impossible to accomplish and others are very challenging, ofc others are plain easy and the hardests ones rewards you with titles for your nick, mounts, pets and thing like that to show to the people that you have made something real hard, also the pop-up effect its nice when you make one

i find the xbox, ps and steam achievements very poor and lazy made

I disagree. There is nothing poor or lazy about Xbox achievements or Playstation trophies.

#19 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

mah, i dont care, never found a point in them anyways

wa3Nq7j.png

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Achievments drove my OCD and completionist inside me nuts. Don't bother me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, accomplishments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!