Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Never cared for this game...

Me niether, its probably one of my least favourite Zelda games that ive played. I might buy it if its fairly cheap though.

#62 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Would you have rather preferred me growing up on CoD being a raging fanboy having no life living in my parent's basement in 20 years?...

Dude chill out. It's just a joke. Quit taking things so seriously.

Posted Image

#63 Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I enjoyed Wind Waker but I would rather see a Majora's Mask remake. Since they already remade OoT I would think that remaking Majora's Mask, THEN Wind Waker would be the next logical step. This probably won't be a release day pick up for me unless of course they make a collectors edition....

#64 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh, so it is 12.

Nope.

I implied my age once in a status update... -_-

And even if I was, point?

Posted Image

cool story bro.

Posted Image

I never knew this game was so overrated.

Dude chill out. It's just a joke. Quit taking things so seriously.

They are basically making fun of me for being young...

Me niether, its probably one of my least favourite Zelda games that ive played. I might buy it if its fairly cheap though.

I doubt it, I never actually play it...

You sad sad boy.

What's so great about this game??? I don't understand... it looks ugly...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#65 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

So if it looks ugly it's a bad game. Wonderful logic!

#66 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Umm....True gamers aren't picky, just because it has a different art style doesn't mean anything you say it looks ugly but it looks fantastic and maybe if you knew what it took to make games on this level you wouldn't be so judgmental.

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#67 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I never knew this game was so overrated.
It's not overrated, alot of people just like it, jeebeez, does everyone liking super mario galaxy make it infinatly overrated?

I doubt it, I never actually play it...
DEAL BREAKER HERE, ANOTHER GAME THAT YOU'VE JUDGED AND HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED.

You'll never find out, you never played the game, LOL.

I, I just don't even anymore with you.

Edited by Abcdude, 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

794144.png?13383682

#68 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

My god, I never knew there were so many morons on this forum. Making fun of someone because they are young and don't like the same things as you is extremely childish and it looks to me like yoshiwiiugamer acts a lot more mature than many of the other people on here.

#69 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

My god, I never knew there were so many morons on this forum. Making fun of someone because they are young and don't like the same things as you is extremely childish and it looks to me like yoshiwiiugamer acts a lot more mature than many of the other people on here.

Who's making fun of him? And you shouldn't judge something before you play it. Especially Zelda.

#70 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

This is different, he hasn't even played the game yet and says he hates it.

794144.png?13383682

#71 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Mig and Noona did the same thing to me XD

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Looks like you are kinda getting stoned by a mob here. Im fresh to this scene though, and I dont feel the need to really see what got everyone so riled up, so ill just answer this.

WW, in still screens, I can see how it looks ugly today, textures are low resolution, and fall apart rather easily when the camera gets close, geometry is blocky, character designs appear simple and minimalistic.

However, scene composition is wonderful, as is the animation, smoothing out a lot of that blocky look and keeping attention away from disecting extremely close textures. The game is still gorgeous in its in its 60fps motion, looks like a disney/Ghibli movie, and its visual simplicity belies complexity rarely seen in screenshots.

How familiar are you with concepts of contrast and juxtaposition? In WW, Character designs directly reflect the characters, innocent, pure characters have simple designs, the more a character deviates from that, the more complex their designs become. Bosses are huge, and very intricately detailed. Ganondorf is very detailed, with much attention paid to his face model to make a wide variety of expressions.

Windwaker has a very freindly cheerful look, but that is directly contrasted with the darkest story in the series, and with the most in depth, complicated, and truly best ganondorf in the series (TP's gdorf is a characterless joke in comparison). And that cheerful look gives far greater impact to the violence of the finale, which is still the most violent moment in a Zelda game.

Windwaker is a master of contrast and juxtaposition. Something Skyward Sword kept well in mind, and did a fine job with as well.

Edited by 3Dude, 25 January 2013 - 04:49 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

So if it looks ugly it's a bad game. Wonderful logic!

.... all my favourite games are ugly...

like super mario galaxy 2, when I mean ugly is I don't like toon link...

Umm....True gamers aren't picky, just because it has a different art style doesn't mean anything you say it looks ugly but it looks fantastic and maybe if you knew what it took to make games on this level you wouldn't be so judgmental.

Maybe ten years ago...

I, I just don't even anymore with you.

You knew me when?...

People just go crazy about everything because their favourite game gets bashed on...

Who's making fun of him? And you shouldn't judge something before you play it. Especially Zelda.

True, zelda games are pretty good. It's just that WW doesn't appeal to me all that much.

This is different, he hasn't even played the game yet and says he hates it.

I do that with almost every game...

Mig and Noona did the same thing to me XD

I hate the elderly. XD

Looks like you are kinda getting stoned by a mob here. Im fresh to this scene though, and I dont feel the need to really see what got everyone so riled up, so ill just answer this.

WW, in still screens, I can see how it looks ugly today, textures are low resolution, and fall apart rather easily when the camera gets close, geometry is blocky, character designs appear simple and minimalistic.

However, scene composition is wonderful, as is the animation, smoothing out a lot of that blocky look and keeping attention away from disecting extremely close textures. The game is still gorgeous in its in its 60fps motion, looks like a disney/Ghibli movie, and its visual simplicity belies complexity rarely seen in screenshots.

How familiar are you with concepts of contrast and juxtaposition? In WW, Character designs directly reflect the characters, innocent, pure characters have simple designs, the more a character deviates from that, the more complex their designs become. Bosses are huge, and very intricately detailed. Ganondorf is very detailed, with much attention paid to his face model to make a wide variety of expressions.

Windwaker has a very freindly cheerful look, but that is directly contrasted with the darkest story in the series, and with the most in depth, complicated, and truly best ganondorf in the series (TP's gdorf is a characterless joke in comparison). And that cheerful look gives far greater impact to the violence of the finale, which is still the most violent moment in a Zelda game.

Windwaker is a master of contrast and juxtaposition. Something Skyward Sword kept well in mind, and did a fine job with as well.

Yes but....

it looks too cartoony....

I like my zelda to look like OOT or TP or SS....

sfOI1m6.jpg

#74 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

.... all my favourite games are ugly...

like super mario galaxy 2, when I mean ugly is I don't like toon link...

Maybe ten years ago...

You knew me when?...

People just go crazy about everything because their favourite game gets bashed on...

True, zelda games are pretty good. It's just that WW doesn't appeal to me all that much.

I do that with almost every game...

I hate the elderly. XD

Yes but....

it looks too cartoony....

I like my zelda to look like OOT or TP or SS....

What?....

It may have a cartoon look to it but the game itself is far from it like 3ddude said it has the best and most tragic version of ganondorf with what could be considered a bitter sweet ending.

#75 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

It may have a cartoon look to it but the game itself is far from it like 3ddude said it has the best and most tragic version of ganondorf with what could be considered a bitter sweet ending.

It looks like they didn't put any detail at all into the characters...

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 25 January 2013 - 09:31 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#76 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I can see why people are getting so upset with you. You completely ignore what they say and repeat the same things over again, based off of erroneous notions that are based off of incomplete information.

In ww, the more complicated a character (or evil) is, the more detail in the design.

TP was very bland and samey throughout, because it had no juxtaposition or contrast. Thats probably one of the many reasons so many people rank it so low.

Edited by 3Dude, 25 January 2013 - 10:07 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#77 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Words can't express my excitement. The redone HD visuals look like top notch pixar quality, like we are playing a Saturday morning cartoon. Ahhhh can't wait for August!

You made it obvious you don't like WW, nor do you have plans to play the new version. So Why are you still annoying people on this topic? I only see your posts as bothersome and not lending to the topic.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 25 January 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#78 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Ok so, I recently read an article from IGN that I think was entitled "Why Wind Waker is still relevant". At the bottom, he mentions that there were 2 dungeons that didn't make the cut. As well as saying that this remake would be a golden opportunity to add them back in. Does anyone else know about these dungeons? Do you think they will add them back? As well as some other new features?

Here's the link to said article:

http://ca.ign.com/ar...-still-relevant

Edited by DragonChi, 25 January 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#79 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Words can't express my excitement. The redone HD visuals look like top notch pixar quality, like we are playing a Saturday morning cartoon. Ahhhh can't wait for August!

You made it obvious you don't like WW, nor do you have plans to play the new version. So Why are you still annoying people on this topic? I only see your posts as bothersome and not lending to the topic.

What is the topic?

They are just screen shots... I am still talking about the game...

I can see why people are getting so upset with you. You completely ignore what they say and repeat the same things over again, based off of erroneous notions that are based off of incomplete information.

In ww, the more complicated a character (or evil) is, the more detail in the design.

TP was very bland and samey throughout, because it had no juxtaposition or contrast. Thats probably one of the many reasons so many people rank it so low.

I hate TP actually.

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 25 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#80 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

this aint out tll ages ffs

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!