Photo

Is Shigeru Miyamoto out of touch with today's gaming audience?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Many people has been disappointed with his recent actions (Wii Music, dumbing down Paper Mario SS, Skyward Sword's three dungeons Steel Diver, etc) they also believe it's time for him to step down. Do you agree with this?

I think personally the quality of Miyamoto's games have decreased in the few years. He's still an excellent developer, but his recent titles aren't as good as they once were. I think Nintendo still needs Miyamoto at the moment. He might be wrong at times, but he still delivers quality games.

Discuss.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

SHAME ON YOU FOR MAKING SUCH AN ARTICLE!

Posted Image

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Miyamoto Shpuld stay. I don't want a swag-ogre to replace Mario.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Miyamoto Shpuld stay. I don't want a swag-ogre to replace Mario.

If that was so, I'd purposely get my self killed in the game. Multiple times. :)

Posted Image

#5 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think he is to SOME degree, but in terms of gaming right now, he has sage advice. Which is why, a few times now, he has wanted to step down as president and advice the new generation so his legacy in Nintendo is maintained to his standards when hes gone.

#6 IPADDRESSROBOT

IPADDRESSROBOT

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

derp lol some people dont get it every single game made today owes him LOL

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

2lvmghw.png

#8 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think i agree. Sticker Star is really an empty game. I am halfway and no ambition to continue. Also, the three locations of skyward dissapointed me a bit.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#9 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

No, Miyamoto should be allowed to do whatever the hell he wants to do
Posted Image

#10 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

POPULAR

I think he should just stop developing games like Steel Diver and focus on the franchises he himself brought to the top.

Doesn't feel like there's any real need for games like Steel Diver.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I think he told them to remove the story in sticker star because the game was taking them 12 years to finish because of it.
I think he makes some strange decisions, but some of those decisions include Mario, Pikmin and Zelda.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 IPADDRESSROBOT

IPADDRESSROBOT

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

HIS GENIUS IS SIMPLE HE TAKES LIFE EXPERIENCE TURNS IT INTO A GAME IN TOUCH OUT TOUCH DOESNT EVEN COME INTO IT

#13 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think i agree. Sticker Star is really an empty game. I am halfway and no ambition to continue. Also, the three locations of skyward dissapointed me a bit.

i have the exact same problem w/ sticker star, but I thought skyward sword was nearly flawless.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

SHAME ON YOU FOR MAKING SUCH AN ARTICLE!

Agreed all the way!

Signature_DK.png

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

HIS GENIUS IS SIMPLE HE TAKES LIFE EXPERIENCE TURNS IT INTO A GAME IN TOUCH OUT TOUCH DOESNT EVEN COME INTO IT

I was going to reply to this, but you've been banned :(

No, Miyamoto should be allowed to do whatever the hell he wants to do

Even if the game is stripped of quality?

i have the exact same problem w/ sticker star, but I thought skyward sword was nearly flawless.

I loved Skyward Sword. People though for some reason had a problem with motion controls.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I think it's a great point to bring up, one worth arguing. Even Miyamoto himself is conscious of this, and understands that both his capability is fading and that he needs to work on passing that to a new generation of programmers.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

i think he should focus on a smaller amount of games. not put the majority of nintendo titles in his image. some game will hurt do to it.

with skyward sword, im one of the few that hated that game, liked twilight princess. didnt play very many before that. sticker star, i got far enough to be past teh basic'this is the beginning, hear how to play' and little bit into the game, also found it a downgrade from the rest of the games. super paper mario just had a different playstile, but still overall worked.

i hope he doesnt stick his hand into retros development, or into rare if nintendo buys them back.

was he the one who put all the mario games back into the world/set path setup? instead of the veriety between kinds, 3D from N64/sunshine, semi galaxie. paper mario creative non-copy/past story/places, playstile, ect. now they are all different variations of the 2D versions.

id keep him on pikmin team, but will regret if i buy the game just to find he screwed it up. around that point, id try to get a new guy up there.

but my point, veriety is key. then you WILL have something for everyone. which = more money from everyone.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think it's a great point to bring up, one worth arguing. Even Miyamoto himself is conscious of this, and understands that both his capability is fading and that he needs to work on passing that to a new generation of programmers.

Sakurai should take his place if anyone.

Signature_DK.png

#19 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I was going to reply to this, but you've been banned :(

Even if the game is stripped of quality?

I loved Skyward Sword. People though for some reason had a problem with motion controls.

True, atm hes like a off form footballer, it'd only take a goal or two to get back to what he was like.
I wanna see what these smaller projects that he is supposedly working on before making any sort of decision on what his future role at nintendo should be. I am yet to play PMSS yet so I don't have a clue what its like but I can honestly say that I trust in his capabilities. What I'd love to see is him helping the upcoming nintendo stars to become like him.
Posted Image

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

I want that new ip that he said he was making to be game changing like his other ones: Donkey Kong saved Nintendo from going under before they shined and invented the platformer (arguably), Super Mario Bros invented the 2D sidescroller and saved the entire industry, Zelda introduced saving and open world action adventure, F-Zero changed racing games and showed what Mode 7 can do, Star Fox was the first console game to use 3D graphics, and Pikmin showed that RTS games can work on a console.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!