Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

POPULAR

Lately there has been an increase in people creating topics of an unwanted nature, and from what I can tell are doing so for the sake of annoying other members of the community. We don't have a Spam Centre here on the Wii U, so there is no place for such topics.

I suggest either we get a Sub-Forum for such trash, or remove topic creation from repeat offenders.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

In other words : Lands are horsing stupid now.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

POPULAR

I use the "Recent Topics" tab for when I want to check out new threads, and these threads (the spam ones) are overflowing that tab. I would be happy if someone made it so the topics posted in this "spam" section are not visible on the "Recent Topics", or if this sub-forum isn't made entirely.

Edited by Blake, 27 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#4 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

They should have a "mark as spam" button and when pressed by users mods can mark it as spam if they find it to be spam. And the spam threads can only be seen if you want to.

Edited by Ness, 27 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, when I joined the forum in early august, I cared about almost every thread, now maybe 1 out of 10... I wish people weren't so topic happy..

Yeah, when I joined the forum in early august, I cared about almost every thread, now maybe 1 out of 10... I wish people weren't so topic happy..

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

They should have a "mark as spam" button and when pressed by users mods can mark it as spam if they find it to be spam. And the spam threads can only be seen if you want to.

I agree with Ness on this.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, the roleplay and forum games section isn't a spam section or a section to annoy other users on this site. Even if some sort of spam sub forum is made, that doesn't mean members should be able to annoy each other for no reason.

As for now, I am personally in favor of removing spam threads and etc. However, if you want a spam center, that is up to the admins.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

In other words : Lands are horsing stupid now.

No, it's more than that.

I use the "Recent Topics" tab for when I want to check out new threads, and these threads (the spam ones) are overflowing that tab. I would be happy if someone made it so the topics posted in this "spam" section are not visible on the "Recent Topics", or if this sub-forum isn't made entirely.

It's better if we did have one. Trust me on this one.

That's silly. Apart from making it even more steps to deal with, remember that these forums are run on a template Feld0 picked. It's more time consuming writing the code for it than just making a sub-forum. It's also prone to abuse.

People aren't being topic happy. People are just irate that there is division among members and singling out of members of late, particularly of those who frequent the chat. Essentially, whatever happens in chat stays in chat, but frustrations are being taken out on the forums.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Roleplay is a spam forum.
If it wasn't, why would all the spam there have been tolerated the past few months?

Bans should be handed out if it's getting on people's nerves.
Especially if they're doing it just to annoy others.

There has been a few threads lately which have been of a hateful nature, and it'd be nice to see those members being warned about that behaviour.
It's not going to create a good atmosphere if everyone is a ball of hate.

Edited by Nollog, 27 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I feel that that people who purposely create these spams threads should be punished. Obviously then they would stop those awful threads. It's obvious that mods aren't giving these guys warnings, that's why they keep do it.

Edited by Zinix, 27 January 2013 - 07:07 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, the roleplay and forum games section isn't a spam section or a section to annoy other users on this site. Even if some sort of spam sub forum is made, that doesn't mean members should be able to annoy each other for no reason.

As for now, I am personally in favor of removing spam threads and etc. However, if you want a spam center, that is up to the admins.

My precious Lands.....Noooooo!!!!

Roleplay is a spam forum.
If it wasn't, why would all the spam there have been tolerated the past few months?

Bans should be handed out if it's getting on people's nerves.
Especially if they're doing it just to annoy others.

There has been a few threads lately which have been of a hateful nature, and it'd be nice to see those members being warned about that behaviour.
It's not going to create a good atmosphere if everyone is a ball of hate.

In example that thread Zinix created earlier.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

My precious Lands.....Noooooo!!!!

In example that thread Zinix created earlier.

In example of my thread? Anyone could of tell that I was joking. Everyone in the said thread was joking around and didn't take it negatively. You on the other hand created multiple threads, despite by being told my multiple members that they were annoying.

Please stop all these Land threads. We don't want to discourage new members from joining this Forum due to stupid Threads.

Mournblade:

Do you know what RPGs are?

Other members have expressed their annoyance with the uncontrolled land threads.

Stop doing these dumb-ass threads. Lands aren't funny anymore.

STOP THESE LAND THREADS RIGHT THIS INSTANT! IF YOU DON'T STOP AMAC IS GONNA PUT YOU IN THE SLAMMER WHERE YOU, HARI, AND X29X CAN MAKE LANDS THERE

Those are a few members that have shown their disdain, others remain silent, while others are just afraid of speaking their mind.

http://thewiiu.com/t...ion-comet-land/
http://thewiiu.com/t...70-animal-land/

All of the other threads you created were either deleted or merged. As much as you want to "fit in" and be part of the "exclusive cool" group of members that post in the chat, you should of known that making multiple threads of the same subject could come off as annoying. I have nothing else to say about the issue, but if you want to continue and try to pick a fight with me, go ahead.

Saturn your problem is that you easily get out of control and always want to be right. I've seen this in your arguments with 3Dude and multiple other members on here (won't point them out).

I'm done with you in this thread.

Edited by Zinix, 27 January 2013 - 08:33 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Sounds like chat group are causing problems by excluding people again...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Sounds like chat group are causing problems by excluding people again...

How did you know lady?

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sooooooooooooooo much junk to filter through every day on here grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Sooooooooooooooo much junk to filter through every day on here grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Soooooooooo much indeed.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

So is it officially roleplay only now or undecided yet?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

So is it officially roleplay only now or undecided yet?

Well, from what I understand for now, it will be forum games, RPs, and spammy topics.

It seems to be that most members are either sick or annoyed by the 'land' threads, which will be dealt with from now on.

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Although I started a bunch of the Land threads Im starting to find the situation old too. I agree that Mourn should end them.

Signature_DK.png

#20 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Lately there has been an increase in people creating topics of an unwanted nature, and from what I can tell are doing so for the sake of annoying other members of the community. We don't have a Spam Centre here on the Wii U, so there is no place for such topics.

I suggest either we get a Sub-Forum for such trash, or remove topic creation from repeat offenders.

I second the "Spam" subforum idea. If anything is inappropriate or spammy, send it there.

86c.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigglypuff, topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!