Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

A Gwinnett County man is accused of shooting and killing a man who friends said pulled into the wrong driveway.

Phillip Walker Sailors, 69, of Lilburn, was booked into the Gwinnett County jail Sunday afternoon and charged with murder for the death of Rodrigo Abad Diaz, according to jail records and his arrest warrant.

Diaz, 22, was shot in the head Saturday night as he tried to drive away from Sailors’ home on Hillcrest Road in Lilburn, the warrant states.

Lilburn police declined to release further information about the case, citing the ongoing investigation in an email Tuesday to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“At this point we have established probable cause to charge Mr. Sailors and when the investigation is complete, we will turn over the case file to the Gwinnett County District Attorneys Officer for processing,” Lilburn police Chief Bruce Hedley said. “To preserve the integrity of the case, I will not be releasing further information concerning this incident.”

Friends of Diaz, of Duluth, told Channel 2 Action News that he and others were trying to find a friend’s house, but their GPS instead led them to the home on Hillcrest Road, off Indian Trail Road.

After seeing the car in his driveway, Sailors came out of his home, went back inside, then came out again with a gun and shot in the air, Yeson Jimenez, 15, told Channel 2. Jimenez said he and his brother were in the car with Diaz, along with a female passenger.

Diaz tried to drive away, but Sailors shot again, striking Diaz in the head, according to police.

An attorney for Sailors told Channel 2 the man shot because he feared his life was in danger.

“He is very distraught over the loss of life from the defense of his home,” attorney Michael Puglise said. “This incident happened late in the evening hours when he was home with his wife and he assumed it was a home invasion and he maintains his innocence.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-69-accused-of-killing-man-who-went-to-wrong-ho/nT8xp/

Why would you shoot the car if he was trying to leave? Simply disgusting and vile.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

America.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

America.

Oh good. Now we're getting into country discrimination

86c.gif

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Oh good. Now we're getting into country discrimination

With America's gun culture gun related deaths happen on a daily basis, stories like these aren't so common in Australia for example.

No discrimination here.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

America.

I agree with you. Some Americans are too trigger happy.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I agree with you. Some Americans are too trigger happy.

Maybe you're right. Okay, fine. I live in america, but carp like this doesn't happen where i live. Actually, the president and government are the ones causing harm.

86c.gif

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Maybe you're right. Okay, fine. I live in america, but carp like this doesn't happen where i live. Actually, the president and government are the ones causing harm.

I really doubt it's that simple. I don't think you can blame gunmen on the government, the president, or a specific group.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Why do you keep deleting my posts Zinix? Can you come to a truce?

Signature_DK.png

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I really doubt it's that simple. I don't think you can blame gunmen on the government, the president, or a specific group.

you dont blame anyone but the person with the gun.

as for the article: he thought it was a home invasion. that sound like a load of crap to me.

#10 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Honestly the owner is way to paranoid if he actually shot the guy solely because he drove up into his drive way by mistake

wjapt2.jpg

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Personal responsibility? Accountability for our own actions? What's that?

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

as for the article: he thought it was a home invasion. that sound like a load of crap to me.

I agree. It was probably just a paranoid man that shot him.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Personal responsibility? Accountability for our own actions? What's that?

its that magical thing that (responsible) parents try to teach their kids but most never succeed.

Edited by Cozmo, 29 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

its that magical thing that (responsible) parents try to teach their kids but most never succeed.

Yeah.
It's sad, as there isn't much personal responsibility down here in NM. Not sure if people heard about the most recent incident here, but this was also the place where there were two incidents where moviegoers dropped their loaded handguns in the theater, accidentally harming people.

#15 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

You best believe if somebody pulls into my driveway Im heading straight for the gun cabinet

#16 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

With America's gun culture gun related deaths happen on a daily basis, stories like these aren't so common in Australia for example.

No discrimination here.

Neither in Europe. You are right

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#17 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thats crazy. The dudes GPS got him killed.

#18 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

That's crazy. Certain people shouldn't have guns. Simple as that.

#19 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I understand America has this guns for self defense (or something) law and it has good sides.

But isn't it kinda logical there should be atleast a few strings attached to owning a gun, or wanting to get one?

You can kill people while in a car, and that's exactly why you need to go through tedious driving lessons and exams to earn the right to drive in a car. I'd say it isn't much asked to have something related to a driver's license for gun ownership.

That's just my personal opinion, though. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to guns in America.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Interesting perspective, I thought the GPS story was more of a load of crap, a convenient story to tell even if you did intend to invade a home. people make uturns in driveways all the time and don't end up shot. You'd have to linger quite a while for it to be suspicious. It doesn't take much to explain yourself if your GPS really was the problem, no one other than the people involved know what actually happened, so this is all speculation on my part, to which I hope no one takes offense. I tend to side with property owners. Most homeowners have no interest in shooting people for the sake of it, it takes serious motivation to discharge a weapon into someone. Not something any sane person would take lightly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!