314 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=1045

There might be a point in there, if finished 360/ps3 games of similar ( actually much, MUCH smaller scale) didnt have FAAAAAAAAARRRR greater greivances on the exact same subjects when compared to this ALPHA game.

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide/Skyrim-Tweak-Guide-Detail-Comparison.html

Posted Image

Yeah, such high poly ground work there. and textures. And yeah, im talking about the slider on ultra, which is better looking than the 360 could dream of (put the slider to the left to see low settings, what the 360 version looks like here. actually... still better than 360...

Even on ultra, x makes this look like crap.

Edited by 3Dude, 04 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here you go guys. http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=511628

LordPickleton.png

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

I love your scales mitch. Would an Ogre fall in between? or greater/lesser than?

Apples to oranges Tricky apples to oranges.... Ogres fall no where on the scale of unicorns/leprechauns

Thats like asking "on a scale of 1-10 where does the letter A fall?"....

:P

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

Uber thanks chipworks. Im gonna have to send a thanks viabtwitter, this is, this is above and beyond.

Holy crap at these high speed interfaces. Yeah, this thing can definately chat with the cpu and other units. Iwata wasnt blowing smoke when he mentioned gpgpu. It was designed for to be used that way.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Waluigi

Waluigi

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • NNID:Waluigi
  • Fandom:
    Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, and SSB

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

There might be a point in there, if finished 360/ps3 games of similar ( actually much, MUCH smaller scale) didnt have FAAAAAAAAARRRR greater greivances on the exact same subjects when compared to this ALPHA game.

http://international...Comparison.html

Posted Image

Yeah, such high poly ground work there. and textures. And yeah, im talking about the slider on ultra, which is better looking than the 360 could dream of (put the slider to the left to see low settings, what the 360 version looks like here. actually... still better than 360...

Even on ultra, x makes this look like crap.

I like me some Skyrim!
Nintendo ID: Waluigi

#26 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

neogaf paid for the pictures though.

Actually they gave the photos for free in the end. No worries I'm still thanking NeoGAF.

LordPickleton.png

#27 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

This many good news.

It has a lot of, A LOT OF, custom stuff just not seen anywhere else. Im hesitant to use the term fixed function right now... But it would explain a lot about why this thing is punching so much higher than its size and power draw should allow from a more conventional design....

And it definately has programmable shader units as well, so it wont fall so easily into fixed function pitfalls....

Basically, take one of the first ground up 360 games, like say, condemned, and now compare it to one of the latest 360 games.

Now look at the gif of X i posted... And imagine the same level of improvement... But only from nintendo games, or joint nintendo/third party games.

Protip: Leave the wii u HARDWARE forum, and go to the wii u GAMES forum.

I frequent both. Just get sick of people making 1000 threads about the same crap. All we need is one thread "Wii U spec's" and everything should be posted in there. Saves the forum being clustered with 80 threads "This developer says this, But this one says that" etc etc

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#28 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I am pleasantly surprised that even more edram is inside the GPU, but is what is the slower kind mentioned above 4mb or the 32mb?

So I gather the GPU is a lot more capable than initial thoughts. Where exactly does this put Wii U's GPU compared to the rumoured AMD 7xxx series in Orbis?

#29 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

You are in the hardware subsection of the forum first off and second guess what your also on this forum talking and not playing your games and even went straight to a topic that your not interested in to post now isn't that a little hypocritical much.

I am interested in it. But do you really think we need a new thread every time a new tiny little detail is discovered. And i was playing my ds while I browse the forums.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

But a myth against wii U died, with this picture.. I remember in neogaf forums, everybody assumed, that the wii U ram is so slow and the EDRAM will most probably be 28gflops....overal 40 gflops.

but now proved to be 90 gflops of ram...overall bandwth. much more than 360...

Edited by Orion, 04 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#31 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I am interested in it. But do you really think we need a new thread every time a new tiny little detail is discovered. And i was playing my ds while I browse the forums.

While this is some of the most important information we had in a long time not to mention soon they are also going to give neogaf the cpu pics as well.

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Yes absolutely, huge props to chipworks.

This is the wii u's gpu. Everything that powers the graphics of the system is here to see.

Including 32Mb of edram, a multicore arm secure, and possibly the dsp (you can start eating crow now guys... you guys know who you are).

shager clusters, tmu's, and.... a metric butt ton of extremely dense, completely custom units.

No offence dude but I really think that didn't help lol

#33 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

#34 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I am pleasantly surprised that even more edram is inside the GPU, but is what is the slower kind mentioned above 4mb or the 32mb?

So I gather the GPU is a lot more capable than initial thoughts. Where exactly does this put Wii U's GPU compared to the rumoured AMD 7xxx series in Orbis?

Thats a good question I would like to know also

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

That depends very very much what all these crazy unorthodox logic units peppered with sram we see all over this die are designed for.

Im guessing we are going to have a chip with very specific strengths... And Nintendo is going to make very good use of them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

So by this, how much the Wii U can surpass the seventh gen consoles and how much weaker is it against the new (rumour based) ones?

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

So by this, how much the Wii U can surpass the seventh gen consoles and how much weaker is it against the new (rumour based) ones?

This is xenos. (360's gpu)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/xenos.png/sr=1

It um... it, murders it. Brutally. Fist of the north star style.

You can tell very simply by the massive difference in ed/s ram, heck, xenos edram isnt even on the die, its on a seperate daughter die, and gigantinourmous increase in logic units.

Edited by 3Dude, 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

While this is some of the most important information we had in a long time not to mention soon they are also going to give neogaf the cpu pics as well.

While I agree there is countless other threads it could have been posted in.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#39 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

http://imageshack.us.../xenos.png/sr=1

You can tell very simply by the massive difference in ed/s ram, and gigantinourmous increase in logic units.

http://imageshack.us.../xenos.png/sr=1

You can tell very simply by the massive difference in ed/s ram, and gigantinourmous increase in logic units.

So Nintendo games will be very good.. and the third games? i mean, by an average, it will be better than this gen? it will need much downscale if port from the new ones?

#40 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

While I agree there is countless other threads it could have been posted in.

while many of the threads about this develop said that and etc certainly dont qualify IMO to have a new thread I feel this topic does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!