#1 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

I didn't see any other threads about this in this forum. I just had to share this!

For your entertainment:

http://www.examiner....es-says-analyst

EDIT from Cerb:

On Tuesday, I'm taping a show dedicated to how GAFfers are (mostly) smart and are (mostly) assholes. It should be fun.

Yes, I always wonder what will set GAF off, and this was truly an innocent comment. To be honest with you, I have no idea how many frames per second the human eye can process, am pretty sure it's more than 60 fps, since we can all see the difference between 30 and 60, but I have no clue if we can see more than 120 fps, or if we can even see that. I was merely explaining to Cliff Edwards that four times the processing power would make the machine capable of rendering at that speed. I have no idea what the games will look like, which features they will incorporate, but my guess is that the specs will be sufficiently powerful that developers won't be particularly constrained from getting the look and feel that they desire. As one commenter pointed out, PC games have once again moved past console games, and each new generation of consoles allows the consoles to partially catch up.

Edited by Dragon, 07 February 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Is it even possible to reach a frame rate this high with what tech SONY would have available for them? Let alone can the human-eye even recognize a difference?

Also, I laughed at one of the comments below that page's link;
"Pachter is about as sharp as a bowling ball."

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Ah, Michael Pachter. A guy, who seemingly didn't quite succeed at comic career and now bothers sane people with his analytics.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Is it even possible to reach a frame rate this high? Let alone can the human-eye even recognize a difference?

As far as I'm aware, there are no limits to a framerate besides hardware. But the TV/Monitor has to support it. My TV supports up to 60Hz/FPS. I'm not sure how high of a frame rate the human eye can see. But I am aware that we can tell a difference between 60 & 120.

And that comment about Pachter is true, :P

Posted Image

#5 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Is it even possible to reach a frame rate this high with what tech SONY would have available for them? Let alone can the human-eye even recognize a difference?

The eye stops seeing anything above around 55fps, you however can fell the difference when playing a game. I remember the same things where being said about the ps3 several years ago, people fell for ti then and are falling for it now.

#6 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Overkill!!!

Also, Pachter. That crazy son of a gun.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

On Tuesday, I'm taping a show dedicated to how GAFfers are (mostly) smart and are (mostly) assholes. It should be fun.

Yes, I always wonder what will set GAF off, and this was truly an innocent comment. To be honest with you, I have no idea how many frames per second the human eye can process, am pretty sure it's more than 60 fps, since we can all see the difference between 30 and 60, but I have no clue if we can see more than 120 fps, or if we can even see that. I was merely explaining to Cliff Edwards that four times the processing power would make the machine capable of rendering at that speed. I have no idea what the games will look like, which features they will incorporate, but my guess is that the specs will be sufficiently powerful that developers won't be particularly constrained from getting the look and feel that they desire. As one commenter pointed out, PC games have once again moved past console games, and each new generation of consoles allows the consoles to partially catch up.

GAF usually reacts if I comment on technical specifications, charging more money for anything, or make any comment that has the word "Nintendo" in it. To answer your question, I always presume that if I talk about any of these topics, GAF will go ballistic.

And as you pointed out, I'm amazed at the softshell lizard factor on this website. The softshell lizard/civil ratio must be 2:1 or more.

Edited by Cerberuz, 07 February 2013 - 05:59 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

First i dont like patcher. im sure some agree with me.

And 240fps? That will take alot of work.
My tv upscale 30fps to 60fps. It does look nice. It feels in the gaps and you can see this on old cartoons like tom and jerry.
But they say the human eye can really tell 24fps from 30fps.
So my guess is 240 would look like 60.
Also this is the same as there 4k res. Notany tvs would be able to show it off. So right now it would be a moo point in sells.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Q:Vegeta what does the scouter say about the Obis's frame rate?

A:Its over 240!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly cant see Sony doing this for under $1000.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Reminder: The PS3 was supposedly capable of running 120 FPS but ran 720p 30fps instead.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

***Update***
I didnt see the Pachter part at first. That explains everything. Its just another of Michael Pachters infamous delusions.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

stop posting these kind of stupidities... The price roumoring allready started and is going to cost about 430-450... Just about 100 more than wii U and it will feature also a touch screen.

You cant buy a hardware for 450 with lots of cream and sause and expect 240 fps from it! Pc costs up to 3000 euro be able give u that flawless and with high end gpus... not a crapy 7760 or whatever that is....

Maybe it will be able to give u 500 fps at ping pong and tetris, but no more than that... lol Wii U can give that also for these games lol

Edited by Orion, 07 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

stop posting these kind of stupidities... The price roumoring allready started and is going to cost about 430-450... Just about 100 more than wii U and it will feature also a touch screen.

You cant buy a hardware for 450 with lots of cream and sause and expect 240 fps from it! Pc costs up to 3000 euro be able give u that flawless.

I totally agree there.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

"Didn't you hear? PS4 will also have 4D, 1,000,000 teraflopbitshaders, and run at OMG ghz. And it has a built in waffle maker." - Pachter
Posted Image

#15 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

The eye stops seeing anything above around 55fps, you however can fell the difference when playing a game. I remember the same things where being said about the ps3 several years ago, people fell for ti then and are falling for it now.

Absolute lies, there is no max frame rate an eye can see.

#16 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I dunno about you, but this seems like a bit much.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#17 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Then you are disagreeing with what science tells us. Go you.

You cant buy a hardware for 450 with lots of cream and sause and expect 240 fps from it! Pc costs up to 3000 euro be able give u that flawless and with high end gpus... not a crapy 7760 or whatever that is....

Maybe it will be able to give u 500 fps at ping pong and tetris, but no more than that... lol Wii U can give that also for these games lol

My pc maxes everything out and doesn't cost thousands of dollars, and I live in Australia where everything is twice as expensive.

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I dont speak about maxxed settings darling..

But flawless 240 fps (frames per second, with maxxed settings hehe).

even though, games like crysis and metro, cant go more than 140 i think, even if u have quad nvidias and quad amd's

But I ve seen battlefield 3 (not sure it was battlefield 3, it was an FPS game and I saw that long ago, cant remember how this video named) with 3x7970s with 300-525 fps.... it goes between these.

Edited by Orion, 07 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#19 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Prove that there is a max FPS the eyes can see. I'll be waiting.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

There is a point at which the differences between two different framerates are literally unperceivable by the human eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!