Photo

Social Groups- Would you approve of them or not?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you approve of Social Blogs? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the addition of Social Blogs?

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. I'm not too certain (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I remain undecided (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Let's refer to this topic that I made on Friday:

http://thewiiu.com/t...0-member-blogs/

Back then I thought that member blogs would be a good fit for the forums, however researching into this further I found another application: Social Groups. 

I've discussed this with Mournblade in PM,  He said it was perfectly find to make this poll, since it's merely for data statistics. I've yet to hear back from Feld0  (although I've emailed him about it). 

There's screenshots of the application below in the following link that I'll provide: 

http://community.inv...-social-groups/

And below in the spoiler tag is what this application offers: 

Spoiler

Of course, this application costs 49.99, I already told Mournblade that I will fund the purchase of this, I told Feld0 in my email as well. I PM'd a few people earlier today, but I thought it would be much better to actually create a discuss/thread on the matter that involved the entire community. 

Feel free to voice your opinions/thoughts on this. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm all but sure there is an even better mod out there that's 100% free. Going to look for it now.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm all but sure there is an even better mod out there that's 100% free. Going to look for it now.

Is it InvisonPower? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Is it InvisonPower? 

No no, I'm thinking of something dfferent. Maybe I have it confused with a vBulletin mod. Still looking.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

You probably do. I looked before hand, I didn't find anything for free. I might of missed it though. 

#6 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

48863-spongebob-square-pants-sponge-bob-

#7 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Either way, I think this would be something enjoyable, and hope it gets approved and added.

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

It would bring great revenue to the site. I'm for it.

Signature_DK.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Mournblade wouldn't be able to handle it alone.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

The feature wouldn't need to be added "right" away. It's still be discussed, I haven't even got in contact with Fedl0 yet.  Moderators could be appointed to help moderate the system in the near future. 

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

The feature wouldn't need to be added "right" away. It's still be discussed, I haven't even got in contact with Fedl0 yet.  Moderators could be appointed to help moderate the system in the near future.

Told you ignores mean nothing on a forum.

I don't see feld0 making decisions on mods very fast, maybe next year after e3 when the board dies because mournblade gives up and has a stroke because of all the incoming trolls and members being incapable of handling it.

But, I don't see blogs as a good idea unless you get one chance, and then it's taken away from you for either a very long time, or forever.
They work elsewhere fine though, dunno what's going on here. Maybe because other places you get 1-2 chances then you get banned.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

This is basically my one issue with the idea, how the blogs/groups would be moderated.  Even with a whole lot of mods, it's still difficult to moderate these things.

Although when you mention "alone", I will sort of take this as an official mention that I am in the process of talking with the others mods about adding more moderators.

#13 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

It would bring great revenue to the site. I'm for it.

What revenue? You're already $40 in the hole because you have to buy it. It's not like you can sell anything through this. It's just a groups system.

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

What revenue? You're already $40 in the hole because you have to buy it. It's not like you can sell anything through this. It's just a groups system.

More people would come meaning more adspace earnings.

Signature_DK.png

#15 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

More people would come meaning more adspace earnings.

This isn't going to get people to join, just like people don't join for the chat. They join for Wii U discussions. Think of this as a bonus. I doubt there's a mass of people out there with "join Wii U forums" written down on a Post-It and are waiting for something like this to join.

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

This isn't going to get people to join, just like people don't join for the chat. They join for Wii U discussions. Think of this as a bonus. I doubt there's a mass of people out there with "join Wii U forums" written down on a Post-It and are waiting for something like this to join.

You have it correct, I couldn't of said better myself. 

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

He could always recruit helpers....

tumblr_lzp3ouA66W1qg5wv2.gif

TASK FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!!

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

"The world was saved, and our heroes went out to seek fulfilling lives in the peaceful times they defended. Their commanding officer decided to leave his beloved HQ to more exotic locations, teaching the natives new things that could sustain their futures whilst protecting their cultures. Their second in command decided to live in seclusion, weary from the efforts of the labour. The field commander established another HQ, closer to the frontier, and many of his loyal compatriots followed.

And then there were a few who stayed behind. Deep down, everyone knew that this was not over. Deep down, they knew that they had to maintain vigilance. They felt they had to stay, so that they could be ready at the call. Many wannabe apprentices arrived, ready to learn the ways in which to deal with the relentless evil that would surely plague them once again. This is their story of triumph over hardship. This is their story of heroism and heartbreak. This is their story, bound by their own hands."

This is...

The New Age of Guides

Rated [MA]15+

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

tumblr_lzp3ouA66W1qg5wv2.gif

TASK FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!!

Yes, this also could be done.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm up for it, seems like a brilliant idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!