Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

To be honest, I don't think the wii u is part of there console race, i think of it as Xbox and playstation in a boxing ring fighting it out while nintendo is just sitting on the side watching them. if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 then you play shooting games with fifa and some hardcore games (with the very odd casual game).

while if you go with nintendo your there for their first/second party games with some 3rd party games as a extra bonus. when do you ever see a gamer with a Xbox 360 get bored of it and sell it for a wii? bearly ever, you see the left gamers buy nintendo and then the right gamers buy xbox and playstation. Or the gamers who have a Nintendo console and either a playstation. and they will sell there playstation for a xbox, but never sell there Wii/Wii u for a xbox.

Anyone else feel see it like this or just me?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

People buy systems for the games they want to play. That is the only reason (except for bias fanboys).

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

As Goomba said. I buy a console if it has enough games I want. Being glued and faithful to one company is totally boring and you end up missing a ton of great games that are only available on other platforms. Bias fanboys are the ones who stick to one console, trashing the others.

Edited by Gaymer, 11 April 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 then you play shooting games with fifa and some hardcore games (with the very odd casual game).

Casuals.

360 is the poor girl's PC.

At least PS3 has some exclusive (naughty dog games).

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

same I am faithful with Nintendo and the Xbox 360. What I hate the most is bais fanboys who stupid saying that this console is powerful then the other or say some bull (yeah not saying the other word cause I don't want to get ban or reported)

Edited by itogi, 11 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#6 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Casuals.

360 is the poor girl's PC.

BS.

For better or for worse, most multi platform titles are designed with the 360 in mind.

Also, with the 360, you have 7 years of being able to play the newest games at a smooth frame rate (yes, lower resolution and arguably sh**ty graphics of course, no one is saying any different). Show me a computer bought 7 years ago for 400 dollars that can play skyrim or battlefield 3 at ANY resolution and you might start to have a point.

Despite what some PC gamers say ( and I am one ) consoles provide something pc's cannot. 

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Nintendo doesn't seem like they are apart of this console war, I mean you can tell, they don't want to beat Sony or Microsoft, they are there for their audience, which is the children.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I've felt the same way sjnce the wii came out.

794144.png?13383682

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

I've felt the same way sjnce the wii came out.

ya but it was too obvious with the wii, had no 3rd party and just didn't work with the other consoles, but with the Wii U it can compete, but i feel like its just going to be the same

#10 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

As Goomba said. I buy a console if it has enough games I want. Being glued and faithful to one company is totally boring and you end up missing a ton of great games that are only available on other platforms. Bias fanboys are the ones who stick to one console, trashing the others.

This. Couldn't have said it any better. Love supporting multiple brands, and I will continue to do so.

It's quite an adventure exploring different, exclusive offerings from each company.

#11 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

People buy systems for the games they want to play. That is the only reason (except for bias fanboys).

This. There's a reason why you'll mainly see Nintendo in this house(only non-Nintendo console I have is a PS2).

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

BS.

For better or for worse, most multi platform titles are designed with the 360 in mind.

Also, with the 360, you have 7 years of being able to play the newest games at a smooth frame rate (yes, lower resolution and arguably sh**ty graphics of course, no one is saying any different). Show me a computer bought 7 years ago for 400 dollars that can play skyrim or battlefield 3 at ANY resolution and you might start to have a point.

Despite what some PC gamers say ( and I am one ) consoles provide something pc's cannot.

"poor girls..."

MS cut their profits and turned them into losses to sell the 360 cheaply.

PC gamers can't really do that themselves, so of course the poor people will be forced to buy a console.

I could show you a $600 PC built in 2006 that could achieve better quality graphics than 360, I'd imagine.

My point was that probably 90% or more 360 games can be got on PC, but you do have to invest a little more for a graphics card.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 then you play shooting games with fifa and some hardcore games (with the very odd casual game).

.... The main thing that pushed me to buy my PS3 is Tales of Xillia. The amount of stereotyping in your post is disturbing. I own all three consoles from last gen. Why? Because I like to play games. So I buy multiple consoles. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

To be honest, I don't think the wii u is part of there console race, i think of it as Xbox and playstation in a boxing ring fighting it out while nintendo is just sitting on the side watching them. if you have a ps3 or xbox 360 then you play shooting games with fifa and some hardcore games (with the very odd casual game).

while if you go with nintendo your there for their first/second party games with some 3rd party games as a extra bonus. when do you ever see a gamer with a Xbox 360 get bored of it and sell it for a wii? bearly ever, you see the left gamers buy nintendo and then the right gamers buy xbox and playstation. Or the gamers who have a Nintendo console and either a playstation. and they will sell there playstation for a xbox, but never sell there Wii/Wii u for a xbox.

Anyone else feel see it like this or just me?

I'm not casual.

Signature_DK.png

#15 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm not casual.

i... i never said you was?

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

i... i never said you was?

Its cool.

Signature_DK.png

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

"poor girls..."

MS cut their profits and turned them into losses to sell the 360 cheaply.

PC gamers can't really do that themselves, so of course the poor people will be forced to buy a console.

I could show you a $600 PC built in 2006 that could achieve better quality graphics than 360, I'd imagine.

My point was that probably 90% or more 360 games can be got on PC, but you do have to invest a little more for a graphics card.

I agree, maybe not on the only 600 dollars, but even so, a 600 dollar computer in 2006 would have a heck of a time running todays games at all. Most developers don't scale games to allow users with low end systems to play their game on lower settings.

I get the anger pc gamers have against consoles, they are holding the industry back in ways, but the fact is, it's not going to change. I can pay 400 - 500 dollars and have the next 6 to 7 years of new games totally playable and looking just fine (of course , nothing compared to what current pcs look like)

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm definatly a fan of Nintendo, as for anything else though, I'll buy what I feel like when I feel like.

#19 Platinum rogue

Platinum rogue

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm not a fanboy, so that puts me in a great situation to buy whatever console I want.
The now I have a wiiu and xbox.
You are right, I would never trade my Nintendo for a xbox/playstation. But I would think about trading the others. THE reason being is so many games for these two are mainly 3rd party so the consoles are identical. It's the 1st party games u really need to look at. The now Nintendo have sewing the first party part. Just keep doing new and old 1st party games and you will have a loyal customer with me.

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

ya but it was too obvious with the wii, had no 3rd party and just didn't work with the other consoles, but with the Wii U it can compete, but i feel like its just going to be the same

The only reason it's going to be like the wii is because people a perceiving it as another wii, even though it is very different. Even the developers are doing this! Which only reinforces the idea. I feel like the only 3rd party taking the wii u seriously is Ubisoft.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Playstation, fans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!