#21 BazzaBoy

BazzaBoy

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    i love guybrush threepwood

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

UnchainedGoku, on 12 Apr 2013 - 03:02, said:I'm definatly a fan of Nintendo, as for anything else though, I'll buy what I feel like when I feel like.

ditto, i play mostly nintendo games but have a pc for alot of others. i also have a ps3 but only for rocksmith and bluray/netflix with 5.1

#22 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

I agree that each console has an audience, but Nintendo have to expand their audience, attract the non Nintendo fan. Everyone has a breaking point, everyone has their idea of a killer app that'd convert them to any console. You've just gotta bring out a game that does that. Nintendo already cater for a certain audience, but missed out on others last gen.

For example either an intelligent FPS like the Bioshock series. It's less of a mindless run and shoot FPS which I think is Nintendo's style, plus Bioshock Infinite showed me what Skyward Sword could have looked like in HD  :D But maybe a new IP that's Nintendo's answer to Halo and Killzone. Maybe a Metroid reboot with its online mode containing deathmatches capture the flag etc?

Or they need to bring back Eternal Darkness for Horror

Or they need a new IP based around GTA - they have Lego City and if they can keep the Lego City series exclusive then great, but if not have a sandbox open world game.

Or bring in a Zelda Spinoff called Legends of Hyrule, make it a  MMORPG set in a time where the Hero is missing and the hero in all of us must step up to the challenge. This would attract MMO people over to the console, I know I'd certainly be willing to give it a go if the gameplay looked interesting enough.

In my opinion I think Zelda U needs to be open world to attract a new audience to Zelda, while bringing back the non-linear feel the originals had.

These are many ways Nintendo can absolutely cream the competition as far as attracting new audiences, and at least one of these needs super next gen photoreal visuals. I vote for either Eternal Darkness or the FPS depending if it's more like Bioshock or Halo/Killzone

Edited by Penguin101, 16 April 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

256px-Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

2020775-colony_war_2.jpg

Alundra.jpg

252px-Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg

256px-Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg

[/img]http://parlourpawn.c...loud2_front.jpg[/img]

Sotc_boxart.jpg

Ghosthunter.jpg

I am a huge sce fan. And still am, despite the fact they made a concious decision to ONLY make 1 style of game and turned to rainbow this gen. However.... Cerny is single handedly saying all the right things to unscrew sonys situation with me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

256px-Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

2020775-colony_war_2.jpg

Alundra.jpg

252px-Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg

256px-Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg

[/img]http://parlourpawn.c...loud2_front.jpg[/img]

Sotc_boxart.jpg

Ghosthunter.jpg

I am a huge sce fan. And still am, despite the fact they made a concious decision to ONLY make 1 style of game and turned to rainbow this gen. However.... Cerny is single handedly saying all the right things to unscrew sonys situation with me.

He definitely is going to make it rough to choose (from my perspective) between the 720 and the PS4.  I will most likely get one of them, but until I have all of the information in front of me I can't decide.

#25 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have a Wii U and a PS3 but I get more enjoyment out the Wii U because they have a more of a variety of games unlike the PS3 who mostly has 15 and 18 games!

#26 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Nintendo doesn't seem like they are apart of this console war, I mean you can tell, they don't want to beat Sony or Microsoft, they are there for their audience, which is the children.

They aren't just for children. :/
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

I have a Wii U and a PS3 but I get more enjoyment out the Wii U because they have a more of a variety of games unlike the PS3 who mostly has 15 and 18 games!

If you mean the PS3 doesn't have the games you like to play that's one thing. To say that it only has 15-18 games is just plain ludicrous. It has far more top quality games then that. I've had the PS3 since launch and own around 75 games for it and most of them are certainly top quality.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Playstation, fans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!