#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

This is a thread for movies you have recently watched and what you thought of them. Can also discuss your favorite movies and the movies you hate the most, if you want. 

Recently, I have watched the movie Oblivion. It was a pretty good movie I thought, for the most part the plot seemed pretty original and interesting. I think it was based off a graphic novel. Anyway, I suggest it if you guys enjoy watching sci-fi movies. I also watched the Watchmen movie. I enjoyed it, because I also read the graphic novel. I just really like the story of Watchmen too. It is darker than most superhero movies nowadays. 

My favorite movies is pretty much anything by the director Christopher Nolan. 

So:

Inception

Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Dark Knight Rises

Memento

Following

The Prestige

Insomnia

Going to ask the moderator to pin this thread, since movies come out all the time. 

Edited by Elric, 20 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Have not watched many movies in a while The most recent one I watched was The Count of Monte Cristo. Pretty good film and funny at the same time. Here is some of my favorites.

Little Shop of Horrors (1986 Musical w/ Alternate Ending)

Invaders from Mars (1986)

Back to the Future

Inuyasha: Affections Touching Across Time

War of the Worlds

Count of Monte Cristo

Gremlins

I have a lot more but either I forgot or it is just a really hard decision.

Edited by 8BitDisaster, 20 April 2013 - 06:42 PM.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

There are so many movies coming out this year, I wanna see Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel, Thor The Dark World, Fast & Furious 6, The Hobbit The Desolation Of Smaug and Worlds End (Worlds End is Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's third film in the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, all three men are responsible for Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, Paul was nothing to do with the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy) I'm gonna need a lorry full of popcorn please ;)

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

The most recent movie I watched was fight club because I had to read a book and then watch the movie and then write a paper on how the movie was adapted from the book for school, and I have to say that that was an excellent movie (and an even better book). Throughout most of the movie they were quoting the book word for word which I thought was pretty awesome. Its not a new movie but I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

My favorite movies is pretty much anything by the director Christopher Nolan. 

So:

Inception

Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Dark Knight Rises

Memento

Following

The Prestige

Insomnia

^^^Nolan is God

Edited by Sexy Mitch 2013, 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Saw the new GI Joe movie a couple weeks ago. It was ok. 1st one was probably better.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I watched Francis Coppola's version of 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' for the first time last night. It was an interesting idea to have Dracula motivated by love more than just blood lust and apart from that the film was pretty close to the novel. I still prefer the Hammer classic 'Horror of Dracula' but this version was pretty close to being my new favourite Dracula film. Overall a great film.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Not a film junkie but I do watch a lot of new-ish films. My favorites are:

The Simpsons Movie

The LOTR trilogy

The Harry Potter series

The Hobbit

Toy Story trilogy (3 is the best!)

Cheaper by the Dozen

The Hunger Games

They are the ones that I can think of that I like.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

The most recent movie I watched was fight club because I had to read a book and then watch the movie and then write a paper on how the movie was adapted from the book for school, and I have to say that that was an excellent movie (and an even better book). Throughout most of the movie they were quoting the book word for word which I thought was pretty awesome. Its not a new movie but I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Fight Club is a pretty great movie. I think what kept me so interested was the interesting first person narrative. Especially in the beginning when he talks about insomnia. The characters are also what kept me interested, because all of them seem to have clever exchanges of dialouge. Then there is the twist. You'll never see it coming, guys.

In other words: watch it.

Saw the new GI Joe movie a couple weeks ago. It was ok. 1st one was probably better.

Spoiler

Edited by Elric, 21 April 2013 - 06:55 AM.

fox.gif

#9 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Fight Club is a pretty great movie. I think what kept me so interested was the interesting first person narrative. Especially in the beginning when he talks about insomnia. The characters are also what kept me interested, because all of them seem to have clever exchanges of dialouge. Then there is the twist. You'll never see it coming, guys.

In other words: watch it.

Spoiler

Good idea.

#10 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Another one of my favorite films is A Clockwork Orange. It is a great film. I bit graphic and brutal, but by the end of the movie it is quite the experience. 

fox.gif

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Oz: The Great and Powerful is a great movie, one of my favorites. Great special effects, great storyline, and good battles.

Edited by PotatoHog, 27 April 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#12 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm kind of a film junkie myself, mostly watching movies listed under the genres sci-fi/fantasy, comedy, psychological, and animation. I tend to have a problem with action films because some of them, like Fast and Furious, Jumper, and The Expendables, don't have a compelling plot and produce a stale atmosphere that doesn't get me excited. Superhero movies like The Dark Knight and comedy action films like Rush Hour are notable exceptions. I also don't like many horror movies, with notable exceptions.

My general list of movies that I think are real gems are: Princess Mononoke, Star Trek II/VI, The Dark Knight, Semi-Pro, Aladdin, Inception, Letters From Iwo Jima, Gran Torino, Pulp Fiction, Mulan, The Patriot, and The Evil Dead.

#13 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I don't really like scary movies either. I always preferred more of the psychological films more than just horror. I enjoyed The Blair Witch Project, it seems that was where Paranormal Activity got it's whole "shaky camera" thing from. 

Edited by Elric, 30 April 2013 - 03:30 PM.

fox.gif

#14 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't really like scary movies either. I always preferred more of the psychological films more than just horror. I enjoyed The Blair Witch Project, it seems that was where Paranormal Activity got it's whole "shaky camera" thing from. 

If you like psychological films, I suggest you watch The Haunting or Paprika. I think those are truly the quinessential films for any fan of the genre.

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

If you like psychological films, I suggest you watch The Haunting or Paprika. I think those are truly the quinessential films for any fan of the genre.

I'll make sure to look at both. I haven't heard about The Haunting, but I have heard Paprika was  pretty good. 

Oh yeah, another horror movie I actually enjoyed was The Shining. Classic. For anyone who likes movies with the paranormal in it, I suggest it. It's pretty cool. 

Edited by Elric, 30 April 2013 - 07:47 PM.

fox.gif

#16 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'll make sure to look at both. I haven't heard about The Haunting, but I have heard Paprika was  pretty good. 

Oh yeah, another horror movie I actually enjoyed was The Shining. Classic. For anyone who likes movies with the paranormal in it, I suggest it. It's pretty cool.

Make sure it's the 1963 version of The Haunting. Even though the 1999 remake has Liam Neeson in it, it is still a VERY bad film. :P

And yeah, I did like The Shining as well. I don't usually like Stephen King flicks but I thought Jack Nicholson NAILED the part. Although, I did read the book, and the film is far less darker than the book envisioned. Ah well. Got to keep the rating down somehow lol.

#17 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer (anime)

Lost in Translation

Grave of the Fireflies (anime)
Star Wars

The Place Promised in Our Early Days (anime)

Voices of a Distant Star(anime)

After watching Battleship the other day i don`t think it`s as bad as people say. It`s real problem is some of the acting... on a good number of actors!

The use of the mechanics of the game was actually well done.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm in the mood to list some of my favourite films so here goes:

Blade Runner (greatest film of all time)

Alien

Goldfinger

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Spiderman 1&2

Men In Black Trilogy

The Thing (John Carpenter version)

Indiana Jones Quadrilogy

This Island Earth

Incredible Shrinking Man

One Upon a Time In the West

Goodfellas

Four Lions

Layer Cake 

Pulp Fiction 

True Grit (original)

Reservoir Dogs

Lost In Translation

Skyfall

The Krays

Bride of Frankenstein

Psycho

Rear Window

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Big Lebowski

Ferris Beuller's Day off

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Everything You always Wanted to Know About tacos

Knocked Up

Twelve Monkeys

True Romance

Spartacus

Dr. Strangelove

Clockwork Orange

Superman & Superman Returns

The Fly

... There are a lot of others but those are the first ones that came to mind.

Edited by Hunter, 02 May 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#19 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well, haven't seen anything "new" Recently, But something i enjoy watching every now and then is Meet the Fockers.. Self explanatory if you have seen it, But it has plenty of funny parts.

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

This afternoon I saw Epic. It was good but the story was too traditional. I give it 7/10.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movie, discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!