#21 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

I really love this game, it's my first Pikmin game. I think I'm near the end of the game, but I plan on replaying it immediately since I've gotten a lot better and know where everything is now. I would recommend this game to anybody that likes fun, unique, strategic games. If you don't have patience, and just want nonstop action this game isn't for you.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Sweet. Thread merged itself for me :P

This game literally oozes charm. Its not very often something like pikmin comes along.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Sparkyboy6

Sparkyboy6

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

This game literally oozes charm. Its not very often something like pikmin comes along.

Yeh the moderators merged my topic with this topic because they were the same thing and this topic had been started first.

Currently playing:  

#24 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

So far the game is awesome. Im about 3 days in so far i catch myself looking in the distance watching the scenery. Like the animals/bad guys swimming in the water, stuff like that. I had my son give me a crash course in the game since this was the first time ive played it. He knew what to do and how to get it done lol. The co-op missions are great, some are kind of tough, took him and I a few times to get some done but once you get your system down it goes alot smoother. On co-op I notice we communicate alot. like "ok bring Brittany back over here so i can do this."

I love the way the tablet functions as your map, we set that on the coffee table and he uses the pro and i use wiimote/nunchuck. Its a good game and im digging it. The bingo battle is great too. You can either play the game nice or all out attack your foe, screw up their card buy getting the fruit they need lol. I heard my kids fighting abou that...

#25 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

I am absolutely horrible at this game, but I love it. I just cleared Twilight River. Definitely my favorite Wii U title right now.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#26 jetmanuk

jetmanuk

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm not good at this game either, but I've still enjoyed it. I think I was worrying about how much I get done in each day and was rushing it instead of just exploring at first. I'm right in thinking there's no time limit aren't I?

I have also struggled with the controls. In spite of all this the charm of the game is great and I genuinely feel bad when my pikmin die. Which is wierd!

I'm not good at this game either, but I've still enjoyed it. I think I was worrying about how much I get done in each day and was rushing it instead of just exploring at first. I'm right in thinking there's no time limit aren't I?

I have also struggled with the controls. In spite of all this the charm of the game is great and I genuinely feel bad when my pikmin die. Which is wierd!

Wii U - jetmanuk
Xbox360 - jetman uk
PS3 - Sold it, so no point putting here is there?!

#27 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

yep its unlike anything else out there. i will play COD ghost but its more of just to experience at least one FPS on Wii U... but they are oversaturated on the other platforms and just more of the same. i love nintendo consoles for that i dont want them to be the same as sony and microsoft i dont want every 3rd party (mostly fps) games available. im ok with its lineup for this year knowing next year is gonna BLOW this year away

Edited by GAMER1984, 14 August 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#28 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

FInished the main story today. Awesome title, coming from someone who has never played Pikmin before. Loved it.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#29 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

I too am loving this game. This and Rayman Legends were actually the reason I got a Wii U and so far Pikmin alone has been worth it.

I definitely couldn't play the game without the Wii Remote though. It just works so well, and really shows that there are games that are so much better with motion controls.

#30 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Just got my pikmin tote bag from club Nintendo and my friends from Nintendosushi.com are sending me the flying pikmin keychain for winning a competition. This is my first pikmin game as well, but i am hereby obsessed. So good.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#31 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

I preordered this but didn't play until today. Haven't gotten too far into it, but I like it so far. It might not be a system "justifier" but I think it, with any of the new exclusives coming out, will make the system very much worth while for those on the fence

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, pikmin 3, discussion, nintendo, sparkyboy6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!