Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Source

Computer and Videogames’ associate editor Rob Crossley has, by his own admission, “talked down” the WiiU’s prospects.  But there are apparently a few things on his radar that may be changing his mind:

Which brings me to the Wii U. Regulars at CVG might be aware that I talk down the console’s chances in the most definitive language possible whenever asked. Well, from the things I’m hearing, there’s a chance I’ll soon be added to the reject bin of crazy talking twitter twonks pretty soon.

Hopefully, if we obtain further details from our sources, we’ll be in a position to explain more to you soon. But, for now, put it this way: In the past two years there have been moments of disquiet regarding the 3DS and – like an instant magic trick – Nintendo has put an end to this with sudden reveals of significant games that went on to become star performers at Christmas.
It’s a formula that works wonders and, with Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda games all due this year, clearly not something the Kyoto corporation has forgotten.

We’ll let you know if we hear anything from our own secret sauce/Source.

In the interim, check out the rest of Mr. Crossley’s blog.

Edited by routerbad, 22 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hmmm.... Interesting.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hmmm.... Interesting.

Something that could sway even the most serious Wii U detractors, must be enormous news.

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yep, read this on NeoGaf. Sounds intriguing. The man admits to being hard on the Wii U, but is willing to throw himself into the "reject bin" if what he hears turns out to be the real deal. He does hint at the big turnaround that helped the 3DS, so I'm assuming Nintendo has similar plans for Wii U. There has to be more though. Nintendo made clear what to expect from E3, so the presence of their first-party titles(Mario 3D, Mario Kart, X, Wind Waker HD, etc...) isn't exactly a surprise to anyone right now. Maybe the surprise has to do with release dates for certain titles? Third-party surprises? Unannounced collaborations? 

Emily Rogers also came out with some tweets today. Supposedly, she's heard some talk about Nintendo's E3 and how owning a Wii U AND a 3DS could prove to be beneficial to gamers. Wii U/3DS connectivity? Cross platform VC? Unified accounts?

I can't believe how close E3 is. Nintendo needs to deliver BIG!

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 22 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yep, read this on NeoGaf. Sounds intriguing. The man admits to being hard on the Wii U, but is willing to throw himself into the "reject bin" if what he hears turns out to be the real deal. He does hint at the big turnaround that helped the 3DS, so I'm assuming Nintendo has similar plans for Wii U. There has to be more though. Nintendo made clear what to expect from E3, so the presence of their first-party titles(Mario 3D, Mario Kart, X, Wind Waker HD, etc...) isn't exactly a surprise to anyone right now. Maybe the surprise has to do with release dates for certain titles? Third-party surprises? Unannounced collaborations? 

Emily Rogers also came out with some tweets today. Supposedly, she's heard some talk about Nintendo's E3 and how owning a Wii U AND a 3DS could prove to be beneficial to gamers. Wii U/3DS connectivity? Cross platform VC? Unified accounts?

If all this talk is to turn out true, then I think Nintendo will indeed deliver BIG.  I hope to see some 3DS/Wii U integration, I own both so it will be interesting for me.

Also, you are right that Nintendo has already laid out some of what we should expect from e3, in January, so something that would change their opinions this late in the hype game would have to be new, and would have to be HUGE.

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Something that could sway even the most serious Wii U detractors, must be enormous news.

What?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

What?

Why?

#8 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

If all this talk is to turn out true, then I think Nintendo will indeed deliver BIG.  I hope to see some 3DS/Wii U integration, I own both so it will be interesting for me.

Also, you are right that Nintendo has already laid out some of what we should expect from e3, in January, so something that would change their opinions this late in the hype game would have to be new, and would have to be HUGE.

That's my train of thought. There is nothing known about the Wii U, at this particular moment, that would make a naysayer/critic suddenly sing a different tune regarding the console and embrace it with open arms. It could be one thing or it could be several things. I'm betting there are several surprises in store(assuming this is all true, of course). I'm just hoping proper unified accounts is in the cards.

Posted Image

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Somethings`s cooking!

My guess is that something is VC related. Giving GBA to Wii U`s VC catalog is something important. My guess is that you buy the game once and will be able to play it on any machine.

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

E3 2013 Here We Come

The bold text is more likely. I'm sure Nintendo has some surprises, sure *cough* Retro *cough*. However, I remember a rumor on this forum and then someone else recently eluded to it that Nintendo has a big third party collaboration that will blow everyone's mind. I'm assuming that is still the plan.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Why?

Was that about me?

#12 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

That's some interesting news right there.

I'm trying not to get hyped for E3, but its becoming increasingly difficult.

#13 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

The bold text is more likely. I'm sure Nintendo has some surprises, sure *cough* Retro *cough*. However, I remember a rumor on this forum and then someone else recently eluded to it that Nintendo has a big third party collaboration that will blow everyone's mind. I'm assuming that is still the plan.

Nintendo and Square-Enix......Final Fantasy VII Remake...... Exclusive.......

Nintendo wins the world.

I can dream :unsure:

Posted Image

#14 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Nintendo and Square-Enix......Final Fantasy VII Remake...... Exclusive.......

Nintendo wins the world.

I can dream :unsure:

How about Nintendo and Rockstar, GTAV Wii U exclusive, the world will rage causing Jupiter to crack open.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#15 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

How about Nintendo and Rockstar, GTAV Wii U exclusive, the world will rage causing Jupiter to crack open.

That would make the Bayonetta 2 meltdowns look like child's play in comparison. :D

Posted Image

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Was that about me?

Haha, no, just messing around. I originally replied to your comment with my thoughts on the news.

That would make the Bayonetta 2 meltdowns look like child's play in comparison. :D

Wouldn't it, though?

#17 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Wouldn't it, though?

I couldn't pop enough popcorn to sit back with while watching the internet implode on itself. What an epic event that would be to witness!

Posted Image

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I couldn't pop enough popcorn to sit back with while watching the internet implode on itself. What an epic event that would be to witness!

I would have one screen dedicated to twitter, another dedicated to youtube, and my WiiU watching miiverse developments.  A front row seat at the simultaneous fanboy rage and nintendo nerdgasm.

#19 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#20 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Valve releasing Half-Life 3 Wii U exclusive.

/believe

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: routerbad, wii u, cvg, nintendo enthusiast, hype

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!