#41 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Imagine if smash 4 was confirmed for release this winter.

They should do it next year, there would be way more hype.

#42 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

http://www.computera...ont-go-quietly/

Hopefully this is a rumor that turns out to be true. The Wii U needs all the support it can get from Nintendo right now. Especially with the news that they're going to be announcing a second loss. 

Didn't I make this same thread this morning?

#43 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Didn't I make this same thread this morning?

Ugh you did.

I must of forgotten. 

Edited by Zinix, 22 April 2013 - 07:53 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#44 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I would have one screen dedicated to twitter, another dedicated to youtube, and my WiiU watching miiverse developments. A front row seat at the simultaneous fanboy rage and nintendo nerdgasm.

Amen!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#45 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Wow zinix, two days in a row.

Edited by Prime Minister Goto, 23 April 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#46 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hmmmmmmmm interesting, makes you wanna know what this news is and just how BIG it is..........

#47 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Zinix is losing his mind :S

#48 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Imagine if smash 4 was confirmed for release this winter.

That could actually work: Smash Bros games usually have a two year development cycle, and it started early last year.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Idk might be nostalgia talking since people say Zelda OoT was amazing too and I find Skyward Sword better. However maybe it is an older gamer view compared to others which I can understand tbh. don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was a bad game just was not my kind of FF

Definately nostalgia. Slyward sword IS better than oot. A lot better.

And ff7 was just a ff6 rehash with fmv's for the very first time. The fmv's are the only reason its remembered.

tmpphpcyqmq0kd1.jpg

Edited by 3Dude, 23 April 2013 - 06:14 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

The fmv's are the only reason its remembered.

To each their own. I remember much more than that and I'm sure I could enjoy the game again even by today's standards. It certainly was something for it's time. It may not have have aged well in all categories, but I think it can stand on its own. I think a remake could really polish some of the rougher edges. It would also be nice to see them fix some of the rushed aspects of the game like some of the story elements and ending.

Posted Image

#51 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Definately nostalgia. Slyward sword IS better than oot. A lot better.

And ff7 was just a ff6 rehash with fmv's for the very first time. The fmv's are the only reason its remembered.

tmpphpcyqmq0kd1.jpg

So it borrows a few simularities from FF6 so what? It is  still a very origional game in tons of ways and has paved the way for many other RPGs in several ways. I haven't beat FF7 yet so thanks for the nice spoilers.

Signature_DK.png

#52 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

So it borrows a few simularities from FF6 so what? It is  still a very origional game in tons of ways and has paved the way for many other RPGs in several ways. I haven't beat FF7 yet so thanks for the nice spoilers.

It didn't just have a few similarities, it was the same game for all intents and purposes, with a couple of different characters and FMVs.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Its... Not original at all. Like even for a ff game, which is SUPPOSED to borrow elements from the series. Even the music is slightly tweaked versions of ff6 tracks.

It paved the way for the downfall of jrpg's.

FMV's and flashy non interactive pre rendered backgrounds replaced exploration and discovery, in favor of trudging through 15 screens with absolutely no purpose to activate the next cutscene.

Once the guilded glamour wore off, people realized the jrpgs had no substance, a stigma thats still stuck to this day.

Xenogears was infinitely better than ff7.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Its... Not original at all. Like even for a ff game, which is SUPPOSED to borrow elements from the series. Even the music is slightly tweaked versions of ff6 tracks.

It paved the way for the downfall of jrpg's.

FMV's and flashy non interactive pre rendered backgrounds replaced exploration and discovery, in favor of trudging through 15 screens with absolutely no purpose to activate the next cutscene.

Once the guilded glamour wore off, people realized the jrpgs had no substance, a stigma thats still stuck to this day.

Xenogears was infinitely better than ff7.

The only reason some people think FFVII killed JRPGs was because everyone wanted a peice of the action so they copied it. FFVII was way different then FFVI and had tons of different elements. And BTW Xenogears is more of an action game with RPG elements.

Signature_DK.png

#55 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Alex Apathy, on 23 Apr 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:The only reason some people think FFVII killed JRPGs was because everyone wanted a peice of the action so they copied it. FFVII was way different then FFVI and had tons of different elements. And BTW Xenogears is more of an action game with RPG elements.

Only talking about square games here. Square literally killed themselves following where ff7 went. This has nothing to do with anyone else.

And no, ff7 was not original, it was a rip on ff6, from music, to themes, to story, to gameplay mechanics like 'materia', aka magicite, you know, how you attach a gem to a character/armor so they start learning the spells associated with it?

The only thing it had original was flashy fmv's and flashy 3d battle graphics.

And Zelda and alundra are action games with rpg elements, xenogears is an jrpg.

It uses the same squaresoft active time battle system as games like chrono trigger, and.... final fantasy.

Edited by 3Dude, 23 April 2013 - 12:51 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#56 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Not surprised. Nintendo's so careful with the info that streams from the company... I wouldnt be surprised if they actually are preparing something big.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: routerbad, wii u, cvg, nintendo enthusiast, hype

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!