YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

E3 2013: "I saw no games I would have liked to create myself"

This year's E3 is obviously under the sign of the new generation with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, each trying to steal the show with their respective exclusive title. What does Nintendo think about it?

We directly asked Shigeru Miyamoto. We know that the father of Mario and Zelda often has a habit of moving in the aisles to take a look at what is going on other than their own booths - we have seen him at Ubisoft last year, for instance, checking out Watch Dog. So what's his impression on E3 2013 and the catalogs of Sony and Microsoft?

"Of course, I would like to know what they do with their machines, but there is no game that I feel the need to go see. So far, from what I've seen on the show this year, there does not seem to be any games that I would like to have created myself."

You can find the full transcript of our exclusive interview with Shigeru Miyamoto next week at jeuxvideo.com.

http://www.jeuxvideo...-aime-creer.htm

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I can't read french, Zinix.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thank you for that link, it was very very helpful indeed!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

That is just the source he gave, you can translate it with the translate pop up that appears or google translate. Also you don't have translate it for he already translated it.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Its a Gaf translation

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Not The Division or Project Spark?

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

most games were shooters, so I can understand where he is coming from, most of it was the same thing with a different texture pack, at least that is how i viewed it

Edited by SPG, 15 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

most games were shooters, so I can understand where he is coming from, most of it was the same thing with a different texture pack, at least that is how i viewed it

Further, a lot of games are like interactive movies-play them for the story, and there is very little to revisit for many people, as there are three games out next week just like it. I am not saying that this makes them bad games, it most certainly does not. 

However, I have noticed that, every single game Miyamoto makes has me revisiting it years later, as it is gameplay oriented. The only shooters like that for me were the original Gears of War, and the first Crysis (the first part of the game). 

They need to put something in these games, like branching stories, to warrant a second run (IMO). 

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Miyamoto has stated on multiple occasions that he is a fan of first person games; it was his idea to make Metroid Prime first person, and Ocarina of Time was originally going to be in first person, but the creator of Link's model was too proud of it, as well as the two ages becoming a big factor.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Miyamoto has stated on multiple occasions that he is a fan of first person games; it was his idea to make Metroid Prime first person, and Ocarina of Time was originally going to be in first person, but the creator of Link's model was too proud of it, as well as the two ages becoming a big factor.

i just said shooters, not fps, similar, but shooters is more broad. anyways, that wasnt my point, he can like it, but too much of a good thing, can be a bad thing, literally everywhere you looked, you saw a shooter

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

i just said shooters, not fps, similar, but shooters is more broad. anyways, that wasnt my point, he can like it, but too much of a good thing, can be a bad thing, literally everywhere you looked, you saw a shooter

Ok. There were a lot out of shooters at E3, so the only ones that stood out to me were Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and Operation Overdrive.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Miyamoto may be a great game dev but he is way out of the loop on what gamers want these days IMO. He's just getting old.

Edited by Rose Red, 15 June 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Miyamoto may be a great game dev but he is way out of the loop on what gamers want these days IMO. He's just getting old.

I love the dude, but I agree, these days Nintendo just seems to be a load of old farts trying to re-create thier hey day..........

#14 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

I love the dude, but I agree, these days Nintendo just seems to be a load of old farts trying to re-create thier hey day..........

I know. That 4 player 3d Mario, new DK in HD, ANOTHER exclusive Sonic game (they already had Colors), the boring X thing, Mario Kart 8? more like 80, Bayonetta (that GOW clone), some superhero strategy thing....

You guys are right. They need to make one space marine shooter and a third person shooter. I also expect them to survive off of annualized updated titles. I want to shoot things dammit. I also want to do so in a linear way. 

::Sarcasm Off:: Anyway, you can't fault him for his opinion. It is like sending Megadeth into a music convention, and asking them about the music MTV had playing. They would be out of touch with that audience, but not others. 

#15 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

He did say "first person" games not "first person shooters".

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

His modern games sales records says otherwise.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hey, if that helps, I can confirm this source is trustworthy and that the translation is overall legit.

Shigeru is still talented, he just gotta focus more on other series, such as F-Zero and his other masterpieces.

Posted Image

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

So Shiggy wouldn't have like to be the mastermind behind "The Division?"

Or Watch Dogs?

riiiiight...

And maybe he wouldn't.

but that's just reason for Nintendo to realize that they need to bring up more young developers who can branch out.

Miyamoto is comfortable with Mario, Donky Kong, Zelda, and Pikmin.  He made them, they were all unique when they came out and defined genres.

but pikmin was the last bold, unique move he created.

Miyamoto is a living legend.

But just because he wouldn't have liked to create some of those games doesn't mean that a couple of them aren't as good as his own games.

I'm sure some developers are saying the same about Miyamoto games.

It's preference.

But I will say this: appreciate Miyamoto and Nintendo while we have the two of them together.  Once that changes, the gaming world will just become a lot of sameyness.

Nintendo stood out to me this E3 as their games instantly look like tons of fun and are solid in their formulas.

Everything else just seemed... the same, with slight variation.

And then there was X. Not Nintendo directly, but they know who to partner with.  And open world, action, rpg, etc. sure looks better than on-rails FF yet again.

I know. That 4 player 3d Mario, new DK in HD, ANOTHER exclusive Sonic game (they already had Colors), the boring X thing, Mario Kart 8? more like 80, Bayonetta (that GOW clone), some superhero strategy thing....

You guys are right. They need to make one space marine shooter and a third person shooter. I also expect them to survive off of annualized updated titles. I want to shoot things dammit. I also want to do so in a linear way. 

::Sarcasm Off:: Anyway, you can't fault him for his opinion. It is like sending Megadeth into a music convention, and asking them about the music MTV had playing. They would be out of touch with that audience, but not others. 

nice.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 June 2013 - 10:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!