Photo

Cop shoots kittens infront of screaming children.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

http://rt.com/usa/co...s-shooting-669/

Cop cleared of wrongdoing after shooting kittens in front of screaming kids

cop-accorti-kittens-shooting--.si.jpg

An Ohio policeman shot to death a litter of kittens on Wednesday, telling a group of screaming children that the animals would be going to “kitty heaven”. But instead of firing the officer, the local police department cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Humane Officer Barry Accorti was responding to a report of a litter of feral cats that were located in the woodpile of a home in North Ridgeville on June 10. The resident who made the call said the cats were bringing fleas to the home and leaving dead wildlife in her backyard.  Twenty minutes after the call was made, the officer arrived at the scene. After spotting the five kittens, he told the resident’s distressed children that the cats would be going to heaven. Shortly thereafter, he took a gun from his vehicle and shot the animals to death.

“He informed [the resident] that shelters were full and that these cats would be going to kitty heaven,” Ohio SPCA Director Teresa Landon told the Cleveland Sun News. “She assumed he would be trapping them or something and taking them to a shelter and they would be humanely euthanized if they were not adopted.”

Initially, the woman who made the call assumed that the gun was a tranquilizer. But to her surprise, the 8-to-10 week-old kittens were shot dead, just 15 feet from the back door to her house.

“She was very distraught when this happened,” Landon said. “He started shooting them right in front of her. Her children were upstairs in view of the windows. They started screaming and crying because they heard the gunshots. They started screaming, ‘Mommy, he’s killing the kittens.’”

The homeowner’s four children are all between the ages of 5 months and 7 years.

Landon told the Sun News that the incident is heartbreaking and inexcusable, and that a humane officer should never resort to using a weapon unless the animal is in severe pain or attacking the officer. 

Landon said that Accorti should be fired and charged with animal cruelty. But instead, Police Chief Mike Freeman cleared the officer of any wrongdoings and concluded that his actions were appropriate.

“After visiting the scene, talking with the responding officer and re-interviewing the complainant, I have decided his actions were appropriate and have decided not to impose any disciplinary measures for the incident,” Freeman wrote in a press release, describing the cats as having been “euthanized”. He also stated that research and animal organizations perceive shooting as a humane form of euthanasia. But Landon still believes the officer should be prosecuted

“The kittens were just sitting there,” she told The Morning Journal. “They didn’t have to die. They were only 10 months old at most and they still could have been socialized.”

My...God......

mai-scared.jpg

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

POPULAR

I still can't belive the human race has the idea that we can choose when something dies, it's like we are playing God, some of us truly are monsters, I say we shoot him, see how he likes it.

Edited by Mournblade, 20 June 2013 - 09:51 PM.
Please don't bypass the filters, man.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

POPULAR

Why doesnt happy news ever get posted

Doom

Gloom

Death

Destruction

Murder

Killing

Rape

Bombings

Mutilation

Suffocation

Dying

Mutilated

Day after day after day after day after day after day

I used to be such a happy boy, spend my time gleefully frolicking through the meadows....

Then I cam to The Wii U Forums.... Now I suffer from depression and lay in bed crying myself to sleep

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

New Zinix?

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

:(

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I still can't belive the human race has the idea that we can choose when something dies, it's like we are playing God, some of us truly are monsters, I say we shoot him, see how he likes it.

Chill out. Other animals kill over territory and that's basically what he did. Not his territory but still. Anyway he didn't have to shoot them but still. Chill out.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Chill out. Other animals kill over territory and that's basically what he did. Not his territory but still. Anyway he didn't have to shoot them but still. Chill out.

That's basically saying I can go out and kill a bunch of Cats if I like which I can't BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!! We are an evolved species and we should know better, we are civilized, plus I'm an animal lover so I will not "chill out" how would you like it if someone shot you "over territory"? Some people............

#8 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

That... doesn't... sound... POSSIBLE.

Would a human stoop to such a low?

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Idiot. I hope he dies a painful death.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Why did this just have to be posted on this forum.

I come on for 5 minutes and I get a face full of sadness.

794144.png?13383682

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

This officer is one of the most vile, disgusting, putrid, horrid, sickening, demented, cruel, and black hearted pieces of filth I've ever seen. Those were happy go lucky, innocent kittens, they had no sickness or intention of harming anything. If they had fleas, the humane thing to do was to get them cleaned from a vet or something. This filthy excuse for what can barely be considered a person shot them instead of taking them to a vet. The fact that he did it in front of children makes it a whole lot worse. Saying that they're going to heaven just makes it more demented since he had no rhyme or reason to do it. I'd classify this as murder. You know how traumatizing for those children to see an entire litter of innocent kittens die? The fact that this horrid monster was cleared of any wrongdoing is just showing that we live in a corrupt society. I really hope karma hits this guy bad for the rest of his life, and that the police DO charge him and send him to jail. I think there's already a spot in the place far below kitty heaven reserved for this guy. I really want to see this guy face to face, and tell him what's what. I know in nature that animals do die, but that's for the sake of other animals being able to live. This monster killed innocent domesticated kittens that didn't attack viciously, for no reason at all.

http://www.dailymail...tty-heaven.html

This article states that he thought the kittens posed a health risk. But if you're going to put down animals, do it in the humane way at a vet. The kittens wouldn't have felt any pain from being put down, they'd peacefully pass away. But no, this psycho just shoots kittens like it's no big deal. Who would want to shoot a kitten, even if it did have health risks? Even stranger, the article I linked states that this man saved a baby owl after it fell out of it's nest two months ago. I think it's clear that this man has suffered some mental insanity since, or severely lacks common sense and empathy. Words or actions can't express my hate for this poor excuse of life that was accepted as a police officer.

Edited by Firejonie, 21 June 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#12 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

I agree with the others. Why does it have to be sad news? Post something nice. Rather than post kittens get shot, post something nice like the officer gets shot right in the balls or something, you know good news, not bad.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#13 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

That's basically saying I can go out and kill a bunch of Cats if I like which I can't BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!! We are an evolved species and we should know better, we are civilized, plus I'm an animal lover so I will not "chill out" how would you like it if someone shot you "over territory"? Some people............

Well what he did wasn't against the law. HAH! If you're going to say that then darn near every species is evolved. Human beings are animals. How would I like it if someone shot me over territory? Well I imagine I wouldn't much enjoy it but in the olden days there were laws saying you could do that. In fact I think we may still have that law. Doesn't affect me much since I don't trespass on people's property. Anyway people attacking each other over territory is usually called war.

This officer is one of the most vile, disgusting, putrid, horrid, sickening, demented, cruel, and black hearted pieces of filth I've ever seen. Those were happy go lucky, innocent kittens, they had no sickness or intention of harming anything. If they had fleas, the humane thing to do was to get them cleaned from a vet or something. This filthy excuse for what can barely be considered a person shot them instead of taking them to a vet. The fact that he did it in front of children makes it a whole lot worse. Saying that they're going to heaven just makes it more demented since he had no rhyme or reason to do it. I'd classify this as murder. You know how traumatizing for those children to see an entire litter of innocent kittens die? The fact that this horrid monster was cleared of any wrongdoing is just showing that we live in a corrupt society. I really hope karma hits this guy bad for the rest of his life, and that the police DO charge him and send him to jail. I think there's already a spot in the place far below kitty heaven reserved for this guy. I really want to see this guy face to face, and tell him what's what. I know in nature that animals do die, but that's for the sake of other animals being able to live. This monster killed innocent domesticated kittens that didn't attack viciously, for no reason at all.

http://www.dailymail...tty-heaven.html

This article states that he thought the kittens posed a health risk. But if you're going to put down animals, do it in the humane way at a vet. The kittens wouldn't have felt any pain from being put down, they'd peacefully pass away. But no, this psycho just shoots kittens like it's no big deal. Who would want to shoot a kitten, even if it did have health risks? Even stranger, the article I linked states that this man saved a baby owl after it fell out of it's nest two months ago. I think it's clear that this man has suffered some mental insanity since, or severely lacks common sense and empathy. Words or actions can't express my hate for this poor excuse of life that was accepted as a police officer.

The article also states that shooting is considered a humane way of euthanizing.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

That is soooo disturbing. I love kittens!!!!!!!!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

Take heart and listen to this.  u can cry if you want. Rip kittens, you left us too early.

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Lets call P.E.T.A on his ass!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Sometimes you do what you have to do

Edited by kokirii, 21 June 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#18 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

for all we know, those cats could have had rabies.

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

for all we know, those cats could have had rabies.

Still shouldn't have just shot them though. A policeman shouldn't be the one to judge if those animals have a right to live or not, he should have called a vet first if he thought they had harmful diseases.

#20 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Still shouldn't have just shot them though. A policeman shouldn't be the one to judge if those animals have a right to live or not, he should have called a vet first if he thought they had harmful diseases.

http://www.animallaw...hootingpets.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!