Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

How is the picture quality of Wii games on the gamepad? With it being a native 480p screen I would imagine that it looks really sharp.

Yes, I do have to say that what I've tested so far looks EXCELLENT.  Twilight Princess, which on my HDTV looks like a muddy, blurry mess, looks PERFECT.  Everything is crisp and easy to see.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#162 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Looks like that Wii u internal gamepad sensor bar is starting to make sense now huh? A real lot of sense !!!

Well I must say I am very happy with this update !!! I love the whole idea of being able to play Wii Games on the Game Pad ... I checked out Zelda, A link to the past and Mario 3, and Galaxy ... they all look great.

With the added keyboard support, my Logitech keyboard now works and it did not work before. Because I use the Wii U's internet browser a lot, this is a big plus, I am typing this post with the USB keyboard right now ... it is not practical to use it for Miiverse, but for making posts on the internet, its great. Being able to read PDF files is great too! And who didn't want internet password saves? I know I did!

I don't feel like this update speeded up the Wii U UI, but I never felt like things took too long anyway.

I think the use of a headset during Wii U chat is a good idea, after december, I should be using Wii U Chat more because my nephew is getting a Wii U from me for Christmas.

I guess sound output is very important to some but it was never really an issue with be.

Those who wanted unified accounts, achievments and such may not be very happy but I for one love this update!

Edited by RETROBLAST, 01 October 2013 - 04:41 AM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#163 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

I kinda feel like there's gonna be another update soon-ish... Nowhere did they mention that this was the "Summer Update", or that it was intended to boost the system's speed (which is what the "Summer Update" was originally supposed to do). Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but yeah... I don't think this is the big update they were talking about back in January (or whenever it was, lol). Hopefully we'll get some info in tomorrow's Direct. :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#164 gloswiiu

gloswiiu

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Update is ready to go now, downloading as I type this

#165 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

How does the Wii U chat work exactly?  Does it allow you to chat while playing a game?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#166 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

How does the Wii U chat work exactly?  Does it allow you to chat while playing a game?

No.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#167 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Now that the system update has finally arrived I can firmly say that from my personal experience with it, I think that Nintendo is finally listening to its consumers and that they look to be in a good direction towards making a pretty solid OS, that feels connected and satisfies the needs of everyone. But of course, and as always, there still much work to be done. Here is a list of what's been added and what's still missing from the update. Enjoy :)

Legend:

• [COMING SOON] - Confirmed to be coming in a future update.
  • [CONFIRMED] - This feature was added in Version 4.0.0.
  • *No tag* - Still needs to be addressed.

Operating System

• [COMING SOON] OS Speed Boost
  • Merge Wii Menu with Wii U Menu
  • Merge HOME Menu with Wii U Menu
  • Unified UI (Wii U, 3DS and Web apps such as Miiverse and eShop)
  • Modern UI design ("Flat" design - similarly to iOS 7)
  • [CONFIRMED] USB keyboard support
  • [CONFIRMED] Dolby Pro Logic II support in Wii Mode and aspect ration fix.
System Settings
  • Optional Game Installs
  • Transfer tool between Wii U's
  • Enable Full RGB Color option
  • [CONFIRMED] Allow HDMI Video and Component Sound at the same time
  • Parental Controls available through System Settings
Wii U GamePad
  • Turn Off/On the GamePad's screen by pressing the POWER button
  • Turn Off the Wii U by pressing the POWER button more than 3 seconds
  • Enable Voice Commands using the Wii U GamePad's microphone
Off-TV Play
  • [CONFIRMED] Activate Off-TV Play using the - (Minus) Button (only software released after Pikmin 3 )
  • [CONFIRMED] Off-TV Play on Wii
Wara Wara Plaza
  • Wara Wara Plaza Plug-ins (example: Animal Crossing Plaza - Mii's turn into animals, city tree at the center, etc.)
  • Add a Featured Shows section/icon (powered by Nintendo TVii)
  • Access most Miiverse, eShop and TVii information directly, regarding a Mii/Icon (such as comments, yeahs and views)
  • Ability to display more icons/rearrange them in different ways
  • Add a title to applications
  • Real-time Weather and Current Time from your current location (powered by Google/Wii Street U) (example: if it's currently night time, it's night time in the Wara Wara Plaza too, if its raining, its raining in the Wara Wara Plaza too (Miis with Umbrellas = Awesome)
Wii U Menu / HOME Menu
  • Folders
  • Wallpapers (with Parallax Effect) free/sold on Nintendo eShop
  • Miiverse tab in Wii U Menu (Preview Mode - Highlights, Friend List, Messages and Wii Chat U (prompt))
  • Nintendo eShop tab (Preview Mode - Weekly Highlights)
  • Nintendo TVii tab (Preview Mode - Favorite Shows Highlights)
  • Notifications tab in Wii U Menu (Full App, similarly to iOS/Android)
  • Personal Mii Customization tab
  • Image Gallery application (USB HDD or SD Card)
  • Video Playback application with support for subttitles (USB HDD or SD Card)
Mii Editor
  • Customize your personal Mii with Nintendo-themed hats and other clothes bought with Accomplishment Points (similarly to StreetPass Mii Plaza on 3DS)
Nintendo Network ID
  • Temporary Log-In on a Registered Friend's Wii U
  • Temporary Game Sharing (24 hours max. for example) while logged in
  • Cloud Saves (allows to continue a game on friends house, excellent for Super Smash Bros.)
  • [CONFIRMED] Option to restrick NNID usage on other devices
Miiverse
  • Unified Accomplishments System
  • Save screenshots before posting them
  • Allow for more than 100 Friends
  • Profile Cover: attach a Game Picture taken by you as your cover(example: Art Academy sketches, Pikmin 3 photos), similarly to Game Pages
  • Activity Log: Game Statistics and Game Library sharing
  • Invite/Join Friend on an online multiplayer room (similarly to 3DS Friend List)
  • Gameplay Streaming / 10 second Game Video sharing
  • [CONFIRMED] Share with Social Media Websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr [[YouTube, Ustream, Twitch.tv]] (currently only on Web version)
  • [CONFIRMED] Intuitive loading screen
Nintendo eShop
  • [CONFIRMED] Unified Nintendo eShop (Wii U/3DS/Web)
  • Remote-Buy (Wii U/3DS/Web)
  • Account based purchases (possible to transfer purchases to a different console if needed)
  • Written reviews, published on Miiverse with a "Review" tag (up to 200 characters)
  • Ability to Gift games.
  • [CONFIRMED] Better layout of games and categories (example: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Virtual Cosole, Indies, Videos)
  • [CONFIRMED] Franchise-based categories (example: Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Sonic, Metroid, Kirby, etc.)
  • [CONFIRMED] Intuitive loading screen
Nintendo TVii
  • Nintendo TVii comes to Europe
  • Redesigned UI to match the rest of the system
  • Video Playback directly on the application
Internet Browser
  • More opened tabs simultaneously
  • Web History (up to 1000 pages for example)
  • [CONFIRMED] PDF reader
  • [CONFIRMED] Skip video playback using the R and L buttons.
  • [CONFIRMED] Ability to store passwords and log-in information
Wii U Chat
  • [COMING SOON] Enable as a Multitasking Application
  • Cross-Game (Party) Chat / Video Call with Friends [during gameplay]
  • [COMING SOON] Wii U to Smartphone/Tablet/PC calls
  • [CONFIRMED] Headset chat support
  • [CONFIRMED] Instant Miiverse profiles
Notifications
  • Multitasking application
  • On-screen pop-up and prompt when a new notification is available (Friend is online, new Miiverse Yeah!/Comment/Message, favorite show is on air on Nintendo TVii, Accomplishment, new update available, etc.)
Download Manager / SpotPass
  • Merge with Notifications

Edited by Arkhandar, 01 October 2013 - 11:09 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#168 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

What is this list?

Oh, nevermind I read the OP

You should post it to miiverse on a community not about a game and ask people on miiverse what they'd like, maybe nintendo would pay attention.

Edited by Nollog, 01 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#169 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

What is this list?

Oh, nevermind I read the OP

You should post it to miiverse on a community not about a game and ask people on miiverse what they'd like, maybe nintendo would pay attention.

You're absolutely right, but the 200 character limit on Miiverse sure can be a pain in the arse in situations like these.

Posted Image

#170 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

I certainly hope this isn't the summer update, because the only thing they have done is to make Miiverse "feel" like it loads quicker by distracting you with a fancy loading screen.

The improvement in the update (especially Wii on GamePad) are awesome though, its just everything still takes way too long to load.

The previous update the only thing they seemed to make a big deal about is the speed of returning to the home screen from a game, which is one of the few times I don't care how long it takes.  Its getting in and out of Miiverse, friends list, etc that bothers me.

Being able to post screenshots from game to websites sounds neat though, I hope they are full resolution unlike Miiverse.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 01 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#171 CodyMKW

CodyMKW

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:CodyMKW
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I certainly hope this isn't the summer update, because the only thing they have done is to make Miiverse "feel" like it loads quicker by distracting you with a fancy loading screen.

The improvement in the update (especially Wii on GamePad) are awesome though, its just everything still takes way too long to load.

The previous update the only thing they seemed to make a big deal about is the speed of returning to the home screen from a game, which is one of the few times I don't care how long it takes.  Its getting in and out of Miiverse, friends list, etc that bothers me.

Being able to post screenshots from game to websites sounds neat though, I hope they are full resolution unlike Miiverse.

After I updated the loading became even faster for me takes 1second to load Miiverse and other games :)

4013.png

Signature changes each time page is reloaded want to do that to check out imgweave!

#172 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think it's the same as miiverse, since I can't post screenshots from games that don't allow miiverse posting like mh3.

http://img41.imagesh...1/7389/5vxw.jpg here's a trine 2 screenshot of the TV.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#173 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I think it's the same as miiverse, since I can't post screenshots from games that don't allow miiverse posting like mh3.

http://img41.imagesh...1/7389/5vxw.jpg here's a trine 2 screenshot of the TV.

You'r probably doing it wrong or just post GamePad screens (which are 480p).

Full-res pics are already available via the Image Share service: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=213447

Posted Image

#174 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

You'r probably doing it wrong or just post GamePad screens (which are 480p).

Full-res pics are already available via the Image Share service: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=213447

How can I do it wrong?
I press the home button you dirty little ogre.
I then go to internet browser you Wiiwit.
I then go to imageshack.us you nice person.

I'mma make a page to test your theory though, it's not beyond sanity for imageshack to have resized the image on me, as ***x500 is a weird resolution.

Edited by Nollog, 01 October 2013 - 04:43 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#175 Eye_Of-Core

Eye_Of-Core

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Black Lagoon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=10883 - open the link and read the comment... So I mentioned that September/October update could bump clocks and it seems I may have been right after all. Can anyone test the temperature and power consumption...

Wii U's normal power consumption is 30 watts not 40 watts, Neogaf user did not calibrated its watt meter and thanks 3Dude for info...

So please, if you can measure power consumption well then please do it... Also is the fan louder and is the Wii U box hotter or noticeably warmer?

#176 Sachmach29

Sachmach29

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

tpzji.jpg

Something in the lines of this is what we probably need.

Disclaimer: I am not the author of this image.

Beautiful. I WOULD LOVE HERO OF TIME
Hey I'm a huge mario, Zelda, and smash bros junkie, have a Wii U and 3DS and I can't upload some sweet box art concept for super smash bros :(

#177 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

what is the unified eshop thing??

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#178 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

My big questin is was THIS THE BIG SUMMER / FALLBUPDATE?  What is everyones thoughts on 4.0 update ...was it the big one or not?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#179 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't think it's the big one until Nintnedo says so... It seems like they'd tell us if the summer update suddenly happened...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#180 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=10883 - open the link and read the comment... So I mentioned that September/October update could bump clocks and it seems I may have been right after all. Can anyone test the temperature and power consumption...

Wii U's normal power consumption is 30 watts not 40 watts, Neogaf user did not calibrated its watt meter and thanks 3Dude for info...

So please, if you can measure power consumption well then please do it... Also is the fan louder and is the Wii U box hotter or noticeably warmer?

If you are wondering about an clock speed increase, i doubt it.

the slow os isnt hindered by the cpu/gpu.

its seriously unoptimized code.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Summer, Update, Fall, System update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!