#141 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Nollog, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:02 PM, said:The game can tell. If the OS really does run on 1GB of RAM and the game runs on the other then it should be able to read the hooks pretty easily.

No, it can't. There is no universal Off-TV Play feature, only a couple of games that support it with different settings and lines of code.

It's all flowers and roses when you offer complete freedom to developers. Or is it? Remember what happened to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#142 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I used my TV with my Wii, my Ps2, my mega drive, my nes, my PC for a while.
I've also heard you need to have a TV to use an xbox 360 and PS3, but I can't confirm it as I've never set one up.

A television is a device, not what is being broadcast on it, I don't mean shows like dexter etc. I mean the actual device.
I rarely turn on my tv when playing wii u games, I play solely on the upad.

When I said I'd hate it because I don't use my TV to play wii u games, it was in reference to the notifications being shown only on the tv screen.
And if they showed on the upad it'd be stupid as you'd see it twice if the game was something like zombiu.

It's kind of pathetic you joined a forum if you're not going to discuss ideas with people, whether you agree of disagree with the idea.
I listed steam as an example as it was the one I have experienced the most of first hand, sure I've seen friends get 360 bleeps on their screens (in the damn center, the most annoying place to put any sort of non-in-game message), and some PS3 stuff that I don't even remember so it must have been decently inconspicuous.
You know steam 360 ps3 all have notification for EXAMPLE a friend comes online, which was one of your points. It's exactly the same as the console examples you gave. I don't see why me using a different company because I know more about their use of the same thing is such a big deal.

youre wrong when an xbox friend logs on it shows it in the top right corner as i mentioned in my idea many tmes. no clue what youre saying about the tv as it pertains nothing to my idea. on nintendo tv you could favorite tv shows, when a favorited one comes on then you get a notification is my idea. 

2lvmghw.png

#143 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Colinx, on 30 Sept 2013 - 7:36 PM, said:youre wrong when an xbox friend logs on it shows it in the top right corner as i mentioned in my idea many tmes. no clue what youre saying about the tv as it pertains nothing to my idea. on nintendo tv you could favorite tv shows, when a favorited one comes on then you get a notification is my idea. 

Exactly. This and featured shows on the Wara Wara Plaza would be awesome and quite useful.

Posted Image

#144 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

when was wii u chat confrmed as a multitasking app. that excites me a lot and is a step in the right direction for voice chat.

2lvmghw.png

#145 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Nollog, on 30 Sept 2013 - 6:02 PM, said:The game can tell. If the OS really does run on 1GB of RAM and the game runs on the other then it should be able to read the hooks pretty easily.

No, it can't. There is no universal Off-TV Play feature, only a couple of games that support it with different settings and lines of code.

It's all flowers and roses when you offer complete freedom to developers. Or is it? Remember what happened to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?

Sure it can.

youre wrong when an xbox friend logs on it shows it in the top right corner as i mentioned in my idea many tmes. no clue what youre saying about the tv as it pertains nothing to my idea. on nintendo tv you could favorite tv shows, when a favorited one comes on then you get a notification is my idea.

a favorite tv show is coming on, miiverse notification or friend rquest a notification box.

I wasn't referring to this when I said

I'd hate it because I don't usually use my TV with my Wii U.

I explained 10 times in replies what I meant and that I've never used TVii as it isn't out here.

Why do you keep bringing this up?
Let's stop dancing around what each of us meant by horsing television then.

Colinx, on 30 Sept 2013 - 7:36 PM, said:youre wrong when an xbox friend logs on it shows it in the top right corner as i mentioned in my idea many tmes. no clue what youre saying about the tv as it pertains nothing to my idea. on nintendo tv you could favorite tv shows, when a favorited one comes on then you get a notification is my idea. 

Exactly. This and featured shows on the Wara Wara Plaza would be awesome and quite useful.

Dunno if they would be allowed to, or would want to jump through the copyright hoops for that.
It's back to everything Nintendo doing feeling disconnected from everything else they do.
you have to be inside every game/application they make in order to get anything from it, in this day and age (and like 10 years ago) that isn't the best way to do things.

when was wii u chat confrmed as a multitasking app. that excites me a lot and is a step in the right direction for voice chat.

http://iwataasks.nin.../wii-u-chat/0/1
Wasn't confirmed, it was just a feature they'd like to add "in the future" which could mean wii u 2.

Edited by Nollog, 30 September 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#146 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

It could be tomorrow...?

Source

Edit: URL bbcode is stupid on this board -_-

Edited by Lebon14, 30 September 2013 - 11:42 AM.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#147 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

It could be tomorrow...?

Source

Edit: URL bbcode is stupid on this board -_-

Be nice if the Nintendo Direct announced the system update and Miiverse for 3DS. If this is update time, it's about time to release miiverse for 3DS too. They've been saying sometime in 2013, then by end of year... so we are close enough. Since the direct is both a Wii U and 3DS, this would be awesome.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#148 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Be nice if the Nintendo Direct announced the system update and Miiverse for 3DS. If this is update time, it's about time to release miiverse for 3DS too. They've been saying sometime in 2013, then by end of year... so we are close enough. Since the direct is both a Wii U and 3DS, this would be awesome.

That was delayed until November (according to Rogers).

Fun thing happened today. I left Miiverse opened during the Nintendo Network down time and after a few minutes I looked at the screen I had 999 notifications an then the Wii U crashed.  Nice.

Dunno if they would be allowed to, or would want to jump through the copyright hoops for that.
It's back to everything Nintendo doing feeling disconnected from everything else they do.
you have to be inside every game/application they make in order to get anything from it, in this day and age (and like 10 years ago) that isn't the best way to do things.

There shouldn't be too much of a problem. If they can appear on TVii, there shouldn't be a problem putting them on the Wara Wara Plaza (free advertising).

Couldn't agree anymore with you. Nintendo feels so.. off-line. Not internet off-line, but off-line, like disconnected.

Posted Image

#149 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

So apparently there is some new update now available.....It seems to be big.

pNgecl.gif

#150 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

getting an update now

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#151 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm 25 minutes into my update ...

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#152 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

My estimated time was 56 minutes when it first started but down to 35 minutes. Apparently it's 648MB in size.. according to here http://www.nintendo-...le-to-download/

Edited by Sorceror12, 30 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#153 Invinciboy

Invinciboy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • NNID:Invinciboy
  • Fandom:
    BlazBlue

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Updated!

mBkKdb9.png

#154 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Download took 40 minutes for me, just over 5 min into the install now

Update clocks in at 15 minutes, so with download, total process took 55 min for me ...

Holy moley, I'm playing Wii games on the gamepad!!!

Edited by RETROBLAST, 30 September 2013 - 06:11 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#155 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

It sucks how I'm never going to be able to play Wii games on the gamepad because I refuse to give up gamecube controller ports.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#156 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

With the wiimote and classic controller, insane I tell you !!!

#157 Invinciboy

Invinciboy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    BlazBlue

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Holy moley, I'm playing Wii games on the gamepad!!!

I. Love. Nintendo. So freaking much right now.

mBkKdb9.png

#158 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Holy crap I was about to be pissed! Less than five minutes to go and my game pad says there was an internet error. So glad it apparently backs up or something so I didn't lose over an hour's worth of downloading. 

pNgecl.gif

#159 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

How is the picture quality of Wii games on the gamepad? With it being a native 480p screen I would imagine that it looks really sharp.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#160 Invinciboy

Invinciboy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    BlazBlue

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

How is the picture quality of Wii games on the gamepad? With it being a native 480p screen I would imagine that it looks really sharp.

It's do-able as far as graphics go, though only slightly blurry and somewhat pixelated. My best way of describing it would be that the graphics you saw on Kid Icarus: Uprising can roughly be compared to the graphics of a Wii game being viewed on the GamePad (only slightly better).

Then again, it could be just my GamePad since my screen protector is a bit dirty and worn, but yeah.

mBkKdb9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Summer, Update, Fall, System update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!