• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#41 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

I just want the chat back because of what Villager said. It's funny doing stuff like spam battles. I also liked sending gifs to one another or funny videos or new and good fun stuff like that. We took all of that stuff for granted though. The reason why I want it back is because I think we could redeem our selves. We can do all the funny stuff I said and we could make this site a bit more exiting. The Chat room was my favorite thing to do here and when it was gone I was devastated. I am REALLY  desperate to get it back.

So basically you want chat back so you can do spam battles, send gifs (most likely tired memes), and funny videos to others? There were MANY warnings given out before the chat was removed. No one listened. There should not be another chance. The community just can't handle it.

#42 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well, I think there are two arguments being made here:

1.) No chat because of technical commitment. If the person responsible for the tech support side of the site doesn't want install a chat, then there isn't going to be an official chat. Simple as that.

Now, if the issue is side-stepping that avenue, there are free alternatives that are fairly decent. Trust me, I am ALL about doing things cheap. For example, there is Chatango group chats, which can be quite easily embedded anywhere in the forums and very flexible in regards to resizing and customizing color schemes. Its moderation tools, which are simplistic, include reviewing chat history, banning usernames and IPs, and assembling a moderation team.

The pros: Very flexible, free,  and it can be given a title with the promotion link description so, if any should embed it elsewhere, it will always advertise this site.

The cons: The chat won't be tied into the forum's user database. So, if it is a concern of banning someone from the forums AND the chat, those are two different acts.

I use a free chat program on my site, but it serves a different type of community. This addresses an unofficial desire to make a www.thewiiu.com chat center rather than something more official appearing, which will involve tech administration. Of course, if you are someone who wants the moderation staff to front money and the time to attempt to get past the wishes of the site owner/technician, then I do believe that is a display of unwarranted entitlement.

2.) No chat because of time commitment. From all the comments made by Mournblade in this and other chat related topics, this concern is the real reason there isn't a chat. And it is a very valid one. Sure, it doesn't seem like a big deal to maintain a chat, but the moderation of it (assuming you want a chat that actually demands some dignity being displayed by its users) can be an immense task. It is also largely thankless task because a moderator often gets treated like a bad guy in the whole affair. Can a chat be maintained properly? Yes, of course. A properly maintained chat could most certainly be at thewiiu.com, but it demands time...time that someone (and most likely a team of someones) has to put in for free. Since the site isn't an utility, expecting people to undertake a whole set of headaches for free because of our collective whim is unfair.

Edited by McMurphy, 10 October 2013 - 12:06 PM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#43 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Even if all of us who cause drama were banned, there are bound to be replacements for us to cause just as much drama.

Same goes for everything where people could possibly exist.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#44 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why are we still arguing about whether or not it's coming back and why? Didn't mournblade say he wouldn't really mind, but doesn't have the time or money to do so? That's that. The only way this can really go now is for people to suggest possible free chats that are easy to install. All else seems pointless to me.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#45 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Why are we still arguing about whether or not it's coming back and why? Didn't mournblade say he wouldn't really mind, but doesn't have the time or money to do so? That's that. The only way this can really go now is for people to suggest possible free chats that are easy to install. All else seems pointless to me.

Everything is an argument to you people.

Can't people just say I think this and you think that without someone coming in saying Y U IS ARGUE WAH WAH IS ARGUE ON INTERNETS FORUMS! WAH

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#46 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Everything is an argument to you people.

Can't people just say I think this and you think that without someone coming in saying Y U IS ARGUE WAH WAH IS ARGUE ON INTERNETS FORUMS! WAH

Your criticism would be more founded if xWydrAx had actually (de)constructed his sentences in that manner. As it stands, you only validate his point in regards to everything becoming an argument by responding so immaturely.

Edited by McMurphy, 10 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#47 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

POPULAR

Feld0 is too much of a  female dog too come on here and re-add the chat.

what if Feld0 really comes on here all the time and he sees what we say about him and it makes him cry :(

bb0.gif

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Your criticism would be more founded if xWydrAx had actually (de)constructed his sentences in that manner. As it stands, you only validate his point in regards to everything becoming an argument by responding so immaturely.

Using unsophisticated language isn't immature.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Using unsophisticated language isn't immature.

By itself? No, it isn't. But to use unsophisticated language as a way to belittle another person's viewpoint is.

Edited by McMurphy, 10 October 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#50 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

By itself? No, it isn't. But to use unsophisticated language as a way to belittle another person's viewpoint is.

To use any language to belittle anyone's opinion is childish, like disregarding a tit for tat conversation on an internet forum.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#51 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

what if Feld0 really comes on here all the time and he sees what we say about him and it makes him cry :(

Then maybe he should start acting like he actually remembers we exist.

If he does that, we'll leave him be and the tears stop falling... :P

Edited by xWydrAx, 10 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#52 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Guys how bout we create an Internet Relay Chat and link it? Internet Relay Chats cost nothing and you don't get kicked if you stay for too long and such...

However, we'd get n00b topics saying that they don't know how to access the chat...

Just a suggestion.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#53 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

If the chat returns I shall never troll again. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#54 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Didn't you say that you would never troll a few months ago?

#55 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Didn't you say that you would never troll a few months ago?

When? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#56 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Let's see reasons why it's not coming back anytime soon.

1. Feld0 probably needs to be here to reinstate it
  2. The general userbase of the forums as a whole is still incredibly immature
  3. Most of the people that'd use the chatbox have already proven themselves unable to control themselves in a chatroom environment 

1. Fire Feld0

2. I noticed it being way more mature than before.

3. Put the chatbox on the main page and moderate it.

Why are you blackmailing?

Signature_DK.png

#57 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

1. Fire Feld0

How can you fire someone from their own site?

#58 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

How can you fire someone from their own site?

I meant get a hold of him and threaten to destroy his MLP collection if he doesn't quit.

Signature_DK.png

#59 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

This is a lose-lose, really.

Chat exists, it gets abused and drama is stirred up.

Chat is gone, constant bickering and complaining about why it should return/stay dead or whatever.

Personally, I prefer the latter because it's easier to ignore.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#60 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

POPULAR

1. Fire Feld0

2. I noticed it being way more mature than before.

3. Put the chatbox on the main page and moderate it.

1. Good luck with that, it's his website.
  2. You must not be looking very hard. It seems there can't be a topic brought up without somebody attacking another.
  3. Yes, I can just put the chatbox on the front page and moderate it 24/7/365. It's not like I or any other moderator have lives or something.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!