Photo

Dogs vs Cats *Serious poll*

Dogs cats Doge meow

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Dogs vs Cats (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Dogs or Cats?

1. Dogs (23 votes [57.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.50%

2. Cats (17 votes [42.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

"I hate cats."

#22 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Unlike most people, I actually really like cats, but I prefer dogs overall. Just think about it if dogs and cats were people, who would you want to have as a friend? 

Answer: neither

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#23 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Plus this "dogs are loyal, cats just pretend to be loyal so you feed them" argument is stupid: http://www.dailymail...ond-robots.html

My dog loves half my family and they never get food from them, also this isn't really proof, if they can get food from something, then obviously they'll get food from it. doesn't mean that they only bond to people who give them food. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

If you're not interacting with the pet, is it really a pet? Pets are meant to be cared for, they're not meant to be independent, that's why they're you're pets. If they were independent they would have a full-time job and be feeding themselves.

It's not that I don't interact with my cat, I am very independent and I love travelling so I don't want my every thought to be "oh what will i do about the dog?" when I want to go somewhere. But she does sit at my feet when I'm in the house and jumps up on my lap, and i pet her etc.

Everyone gets pets for different reasons, if you want a pet to "care for it" like a child then that's fine but I have a cat for companionship and despite what people say about cats they are very loyal. I don't think people understand the difference between loyalty and neediness. A dog may seem more loyal but that is because most don't have the intelligence to survive on their own and need you to do everything for them. 

I sure would like to interact with all of these vicious, emotionless, not loyal cats you people are talking about. I've owned 5 cats (currently 4 since one passed away. :( )and they are all the opposite of what y'all are claiming. This is why I find it unnecessary to own a dog. (Not to mention dogs are too loud for my taste and messy) I would get rid of mine, but my father loves it to death.

Yeah these must be feral cats or something that everyone has, the two cats I have had have both been very loyal and never scratched me or anything at all.

Also, what about the "gifts" of birds and mice that cats leave on the doorstep? Does that not show some kind of loyalty?

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've never owned either a cat, or a dog (my parents and I are allergic to both), only a rabbit (which my mom and I are now allergic to :( ). However, I have stayed extended periods of time with each, and can say I prefer cats. I can see why people like dogs, and they can be incredibly loyal and friendly, but in my opinion, often too friendly. I don't want to get a lick in the face after you just that tongue to lick your balls and eat crap, thanks. However i have seen both "types" of cats people are talking about. My uncle owned three, we almost never saw one except for a pair of glowing eyes in the dark, another would only actively come up to my uncle, but would let you stroke him etc. as long as he thought you were my uncle, and the third (my favourite) was friendly to any and everybody, and in general extremely friendly. However, all three of these cats, completely trusted my uncle, and didn't treat him badly or hurt him like people have been implying.

Anyway, my rabbit is closer to a cat, and sometimes seems ungrateful but I love him. He's kind of really awesome.

Edited by xWydrAx, 03 November 2013 - 02:39 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I like cats because they clean and take care of themselves.

They also like to groom me for some reason.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#27 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

I sure would like to interact with all of these vicious, emotionless, not loyal cats you people are talking about. I've owned 5 cats (currently 4 since one passed away. :( )and they are all the opposite of what y'all are claiming. This is why I find it unnecessary to own a dog. (Not to mention dogs are too loud for my taste and messy) I would get rid of mine, but my father loves it to death.

I didn't say emotionless. I said they don't show emotion. That may not be entirely true but you don't see random cats showing emotion like you do random dogs. Maybe if you're really close to a cat it'll show some emotion but for everyone else it just stares at you as you pass by. Dogs always show emotion. I didn't say cats aren't loyal I said you don't hear about them saving people. I also heavily implied that they're useless and unreliable.

@Hunter: I'm sure all cat lovers appreciate dead animals on their doorstep.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#28 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I didn't say emotionless. I said they don't show emotion. That may not be entirely true but you don't see random cats showing emotion like you do random dogs. Maybe if you're really close to a cat it'll show some emotion but for everyone else it just stares at you as you pass by. Dogs always show emotion. I didn't say cats aren't loyal I said you don't hear about them saving people. I also heavily implied that they're useless and unreliable.

@Hunter: I'm sure all cat lovers appreciate dead animals on their doorstep.

My statement was towards several people in the thread, which is why no one was quoted. You finding cats useless and unreliable is the same how I feel about dogs. Dogs are needy and dependant on others. Of course they're going to show "emotion" to get what they want. Also, I would never rely on a dog to save my life. Opinions are great.

Edited by Gaymer, 03 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#29 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Guys guys, calm down. This was just meant for the poll. No more arguments

#30 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

My statement was towards several people in the thread, which is why no one was quoted. You finding cats useless and unreliable is the same how I feel about dogs. Dogs are needy and dependant on others. Of course they're going to show "emotion" to get what they want. Also, I would never rely on a dog to save my life. Opinions are great.

Some are greater than others. #burn #lawls

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#31 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

weird-Selfie-humor-photography-dog2.jpg

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#32 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

Dogs, because if you get a cat this happens to you:

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#33 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Some are greater than others. #burn #lawls

It's your opinion that some are greater than others. #owned #roasted #totesdone

Edited by Gaymer, 04 November 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#34 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

No actually that comeback sucked. Any time you use an obvious word like "opinion" you bring nothing to the conversation, which is why I made fun of you for it.

#35 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

No actually that comeback sucked. Any time you use an obvious word like "opinion" you bring nothing to the conversation, which is why I made fun of you for it.

Both of you shut up. I already said once that this thread was made for the poll, not an argument.

If you continue arguing i will request for this thread to be locked.

#36 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Both of you shut up. I already said once that this thread was made for the poll, not an argument.

If you continue arguing i will request for this thread to be locked.

Sorry man, but they're fine.  If anything, they're just messing around with each other.

Topics are created for discussion, and they should be allowed to discuss this topic is they so wish to.  That's the point of an open discussion.

#37 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Guys guys, calm down. This was just meant for the poll. No more arguments

They can't discuss Cats Vs. Dogs now? 

#38 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

They can't discuss Cats Vs. Dogs now?

Smh. Yes, they can. It just seems like they were arguing.

#39 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I thought it was well done, actually. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. If anything, the use of hashtags to "make fun of me" brought nothing to the table.

Oh, and no one's arguing. Cymbal and I are simply having a discussion about obvious things like opinions.

Anyway...cats>dogs.

Edited by Gaymer, 04 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#40 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

I thought it was well done, actually. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. If anything, the use of hashtags to "make fun of me" brought nothing to the table.

Oh, and no one's arguing. Cymbal and I are simply having a discussion about obvious things like opinions.

Anyway...cats>dogs.

I thought you said #totesdone what is this? Did I misunderstand what that meant?

Anyway dogs>cats....sometimes literally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dogs, cats, Doge, meow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!