Photo

Do you believe in 2012?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe in 2012? (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe in 2012?

1. Yes (5 votes [7.04%])

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

2. Voted No (66 votes [92.96%])

Percentage of vote: 92.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

If people can't even get a logical theory right, they can't get a ridiculous theory right.

I'm officially asking for your permission to quote you on YAF, with due credit of course.

If I may ask... Who is an eclipse of the moon going to destroy the earth?

An asteroid sounds MUCH more logical to me -.-

Thing is, people don't believe the eclipse will cause destruction itself; only that it'll be one of the signs, or at least events, that'll occur simultaneously.
Then again, knowing it's already happened, it's pointless to discuss that.

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

#22 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

If people can't even get a logical theory right, they can't get a ridiculous theory right.

I'VE GOT IT!

Small bombs, everyone, small bombs :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#23 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

No,no,no wertville. Optimus prime will rise out of Atlantis.

And Ephesus, I grant permission for you to quote me.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#24 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

They say a lunar eclipse will happen on that day, and blah blah, blah blah. Thing is, that that lunar eclipse already happend. The people didn't even get the YEAR or DAY right. The lunar eclipse happened on December 20th, 2010, if I'm right ( you may look it up if you don't happen to believe me). Now, if they can't even predict a lunar eclipse right how are they supposed to know when the world ends?

Emm... The eclipse wasn't the only theory that they had. they said that an asteroid would hit earth, they said aliens would attack and they say a lot more of weird stuff.

Then again, knowing it's already happened, it's pointless to discuss that.

Wait a second.You guys say that a lunar eclipse happened last year, right? You guys say that there can't be another lunar eclipse because one already happened last year, right? You really think that there can't ever be a lunar eclipse besides that one, right?

Seriously, I didn't want to embarrass SDY and Waller, but seeing that FS who claims to be a scientist seriously believes this "unicorning rainbow" I can't stay silent anymore.
Dudes.
Want to see some facts?

See this? 6 lunar eclipses in 3 years! Do you still think that a lunar eclipse is some kind of nonrecurring event? Nevertheless, these dates (they're from the NASA, BTW) show that all these conspiracy noobs missed the lunar eclipse by a month. But that still doesn't allow you to ignore astrophysics. The moon doesn't stand still, and the earth doesn't either. Sooner or later there always will be a lunar (or solar) eclipse, and these eclipses aren't as rare as you might think.

Posted Image

#25 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

OBJECTION!!!!

This is not just an ordinary eclipse we are discussing though

http://www.washingto...0122006447.html

Only happens around 2,000 years. As you can see from the link above this lunar eclipse is special. This lunar eclipse was the base of one 2012 theory.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 04 May 2011 - 02:16 PM.

fox.gif

#26 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

OBJECTION!

You've clearly been playing too much Phoenix Wright!

...And... Umm...

They say we've gone through several Apocalypses already, the Dinosaurs being the most recent...

Yeah... *Has nothing more solid to contribute*
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#27 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

OBJECTION!!!!

This is not just an ordinary eclipse we are discussing though

Whoops, sorry then, your posts didn't make clear that you were talking about a special eclipse. :P

By the way, Wertville, Occam's razor suggests to tend to simpler theories as long as the result is the same. Your theory of the Mayan calendar being just a calendar is simpler, but the world being destroyed isn't the same as if nothing happened. Thus, you can't use Occam's razor in this case.

(Sorry for pissing you off, dudes, but I'm addicted to trying to correct correcting people :D)

Posted Image

#28 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Actually, I had suspected that I had used it improperly, so thank you for correcting me :P

That being said, my point still mostly stands... Just without a shaving-related name to describe it XD
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#29 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Uh, Guest? I'm not pretending to be a real scientist, aside from my name. And besides, it's Biology I take, not Astronomy.

Judging by that article SDY linked us though, the kind of eclipse we're talking about won't be here till the end of this century. O.O

Posted Image

#30 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Apparently the world ends today. There's supposedly going to be a giant earthquake and that any non-believers will be dead by 21 October. I haven't felt any tremors yet, so I'm going to assume that life is going to carry on as normal tomorrow. Even most Christians don't believe that the world will end today.

#31 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Its supposed to end at 6 a.m, a bunch of crap if you ask me

fox.gif

#32 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hahaha, i had forgotten that today was supposed to be the end of the world. So, its 5:46 on my side, if the world ends you post it here. XD

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#33 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hahaha, i had forgotten that today was supposed to be the end of the world. So, its 5:46 on my side, if the world ends you post it here. XD

Yeah, I only heard about that a few minutes agao lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#34 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Our world has already been destroyed.
We just haven't noticed, because we've been living on an exact replica for the last couple weeks. We'd been teleported here in our sleeps, when it was 4am in each timezone.
Only night owls know the truth, as they are our new prophets.

Posted Image

#35 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Turns out that Harold Camping made a mistake. 21 May was just a "spiritual" judgement day and the world will definitely end on 21 October 2011. Third time lucky perhaps?

#36 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

Turns out that Harold Camping made a mistake. 21 May was just a "spiritual" judgement day and the world will definitely end on 21 October 2011. Third time lucky perhaps?

Of course! Let's all drop out of school and quit our jobs! We don't have to worry, since its the end of the world!
:D

fox.gif

#37 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Third time's the charm.
Except the end of the world has been predicted a bajillion times before.
*trollface*

Posted Image

#38 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

From a scientific and religious perspective, no one knows when the world is about to end. I'll party in that day, party that people are so incredibly stupid to believe something like that.

Hopefully, we are enjoying life as if December 21, 2012 never happens. The fact that 1/6 of Americans believe it is just unbelievable.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#39 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

I don't think so. Whether it's religiously, mathematically, relating to ancient civilizations, or scientifically, there's facts to disprove it either way. I'd rather not bring up religion, since it can spark debates, but scientifically, if the world were to end on 2012, the magnet poles would already be shifting, scientists would have detected a meteor heading toward the earth, and there would be trusted newspapers and scientists saying it would end. I won't bring up the mathematical one either, since that involves religion, which can spark a debate. If it was the end of the world because of facts relating to ancient civilizations: their calendars didn't end on December 21, 2012 because there were no days after that; that had about as much to with the end of the world as our calendars ending on the 31st of December each year, not to mention that if ancient civilizations could predict the end of the world, wouldn't modern scientists be able to? Of course, the world could end, just like it ended 13 days ago. . . and 5 years ago. . . oh, and the Y2K. Is it just me, or has the world been ending a lot lately? :P

Edited by Someone, 03 June 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#40 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Of course I believe in the year 2012. Now if you're asking if I believe in the end of the world prophecy set in 2012, then no. I don't.
  • CUD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!