#101 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

1. riddly 

sakuri is eather trolling the people who want him by giving them hidden hope or is trolling those who think hes gone and going to throw in some other metroid boss as the hazard.

2. other M/custom movesets.

this is great. this to me sounds like a answer to other M, people no longer need to mod the game to make it how they want it. also expect a premade tournament move sets to be released.

3. online

i did not know there was a wii/wiiU Ethernet port adapter. A hardcore competitive and fun mode. Most importantly, acknowledgment that effort is going into the online and competitive aspects of the game. 

4. littlemac

i believe hes going to be a noob troll character. great for raping worse players, but once at a even skill level, sucks.

5. no double charaters.

No switching. definitely for it, especially if the morphing characters arn't going to be overall weaker because of it.

6. perma final destination

competitive acceptance.  also expect this as a excuse to make alot more creative/non standard maps.

7. charzard/ frog ninja guy.

why not bring back all 3 starts as separate pokemon. also i never even heard of the frog ninja pokemon, why was he picked over other pokemon or mew2

8. balance

it looks like most characters are being pushed into A/B tier compared to brawls tier list.  This is just speculation but weak sub B tier characters got noticeable buffs while some top tier took a nerf.

If I had to ask why Greninja

1) He's the most popular newest gen Pokemon starter (at least his final form). They probably wanted to add more pokemon characters but not just go with gen 1 again and again. So they took the most popular first gen starter and the most popular newest starter.

2) The yin/yang aspect with Charizard. Charizard is big beefy dragon with fire breath. Greninja is a slick water shuriken throwing ninja. They're polar opposites in terms of style. I'm assuming Charizard will be a heavy with more aerial capabilities. 

3) He's a ninja/humanoid. He's bi-pedal and a lot of his attacks/movepool would make for a good fighting game character. 

pNgecl.gif

#102 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

That moment when Ridley's shadow shows up on the Metroid stage...

Trollmentary, my dear Sakurai...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#103 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

1. riddly 

sakuri is eather trolling the people who want him by giving them hidden hope or is trolling those who think hes gone and going to throw in some other metroid boss as the hazard.

2. other M/custom movesets.

this is great. this to me sounds like a answer to other M, people no longer need to mod the game to make it how they want it. also expect a premade tournament move sets to be released.

3. online

i did not know there was a wii/wiiU Ethernet port adapter. A hardcore competitive and fun mode. Most importantly, acknowledgment that effort is going into the online and competitive aspects of the game. 

4. littlemac

i believe hes going to be a noob troll character. great for raping worse players, but once at a even skill level, sucks.

5. no double charaters.

No switching. definitely for it, especially if the morphing characters arn't going to be overall weaker because of it.

6. perma final destination

competitive acceptance.  also expect this as a excuse to make alot more creative/non standard maps.

7. charzard/ frog ninja guy.

why not bring back all 3 starts as separate pokemon. also i never even heard of the frog ninja pokemon, why was he picked over other pokemon or mew2

8. balance

it looks like most characters are being pushed into A/B tier compared to brawls tier list.  This is just speculation but weak sub B tier characters got noticeable buffs while some top tier took a nerf.

lol you called project m other m again (dw it happens to a lot of people)

also im still worried about little mac. especially that  1 hit k.o thing. i guess a nice thing is that if it turns out to be super op, we can actually get a patch this time around :D

also thought you guys might want to know:

between the mk8 hype and smash hype, it has been made an international law that everyone shall have a wii u. no excuses. even for the homeless.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#104 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

9. for glory needs stocks 

in the video he said you need to play custom(friends) for stocks. the vast majority of competitive play uses stock by default.

#105 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

Not only am I pleased with the Nintendo Direct, but I'm glad that SSB4 will be a happy medium between casual and competitive players like the first two games were. :)

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#106 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

9. for glory needs stocks 

in the video he said you need to play custom(friends) for stocks. the vast majority of competitive play uses stock by default.

i'm assuming there will be a stock mode.

if not, i gurantee the samsh community will cause huge uproar until it's fixed :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#107 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

POPULAR

Best reaction of the direct

7MTZIYb.gif

eEG8Ies.png

#108 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

7MTZIYb.gif

betting he was going to spew iwata's line, but the Nintendo gods said no.

also 

10. global smash score

I wouldnt take it seriously, it is a very ruff indicator of skill.

sakuri did say that MM will be based of some form of MMR(match maker rating), which was visible in mariokart and quantum of solice but is hidden in other games.

I just hope the system is accurate enough that people dont get raped until after the first few days.

#109 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

So... much... excitement. It's like Sakurai not only actually looked at what everyone complained about and fixed them, but saw what people have done to hack Brawl. Custom movesets and having alternate characters be seperate have been in the Brawl hacking community for a while, so this just looks perfect. I just need my Captain Falcon and I'm set.

Also is it me, or has Nintendo forgotten all about Mega Charizard Y? It was X in Pokemon Origins, the Mega Evolution special, and now this. I know it's the cooler of the two, but still. Also, is Squirtle amd Ivysaur gone? I assume they were either seperate characters and/or made into Blastoise and Venasaur,but that makes way too many Pokemon characters.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#110 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

I'll be mad if they don't bring back meta knight...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#111 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

Did it really have to use both the battle network and starwhatever loser ones?

Would have been better off keeping it with the actual mega man style game stars.

Like Model X Aile and/or Vent. And... er... Anything. Anything else. Hell, the horribomination megaman from captain n and the game master would have been better.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#112 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'll be mad if they don't bring back meta knight...

Considering he wasn't a clone of anyone, I could see him returning but changed.

Would have been better off keeping it with the actual mega man style game stars.

Like Model X Aile and/or Vent. And... er... Anything. Anything else. Hell, the horribomination megaman from captain n and the game master would have been better.

Oh c'mon. They're not my favorites either, but seeing all 5 megamans together for one super buster attack is just pure gold! 

pNgecl.gif

#113 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Considering he wasn't a clone of anyone, I could see him returning but changed.

Oh c'mon. They're not my favorites either, but seeing all 5 megamans together for one super buster attack is just pure gold! 

And Ghirahim! Since they don't have Gannondorf they could totally have him! And his final smash could be.....

(Skyward sword spoilers!!!) Demise?

Your signature is hot btw

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#114 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

mariomxukh.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#115 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

This is literally more Megaman in that GIF than there was in the past 4 years. I think this is fine.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#116 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

mariomxukh.gif

See this has me a bit worried...

7MTZIYb.gif

You really got admire just how troll Sakurai is. I mean he trolled his boss in front of hundreds of thousands of people... twice.

betting he was going to spew iwata's line, but the Nintendo gods said no.

also 

10. global smash score

I wouldnt take it seriously, it is a very ruff indicator of skill.

sakuri did say that MM will be based of some form of MMR(match maker rating), which was visible in mariokart and quantum of solice but is hidden in other games.

I just hope the system is accurate enough that people dont get raped until after the first few days.

I like GSP. It provides a decently accurate ranking, while being much more positive. I mean Skurai has stated several times that fun is a big thing for him, and he never wants to discourage players from having fun, and you've got to admit being ranked as 9 million must be suck, where as being able to say "My GSP is 3000" inherently sounds better (even though that's crap). The only way it could be discouraging is if you GSP  is like 1. In which case... well you just really suck. 

Also it mean those annoying casuals who hate on competitives because they've deluded themselves into thinking they're the best smashers ever have to keep their traps shut.

And it sounds to be able to say "Yo man, what's your GSP?" It just sounds nice.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#117 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Shaddaaaaapa.

ouch37uij.gif

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#118 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

See this has me a bit worried...

You really got admire just how troll Sakurai is. I mean he trolled his boss in front of hundreds of thousands of people... twice.

I like GSP. It provides a decently accurate ranking, while being much more positive. I mean Skurai has stated several times that fun is a big thing for him, and he never wants to discourage players from having fun, and you've got to admit being ranked as 9 million must be suck, where as being able to say "My GSP is 3000" inherently sounds better (even though that's crap). The only way it could be discouraging is if you GSP  is like 1. In which case... well you just really suck. 

Also it mean those annoying casuals who hate on competitives because they've deluded themselves into thinking they're the best smashers ever have to keep their traps shut.

And it sounds to be able to say "Yo man, what's your GSP?" It just sounds nice.

It's certainly powerful, but I don't know if it's reason to be worried yet. It all depends on how hard it is to land. For all we know, it can be blocked by the shield. 

pNgecl.gif

#119 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Shaddaaaaapa.

ouch37uij.gif

Even Sonic Dankey Kang actually looks fun to play now. I have regained so much faith in this game in one day. It's beautiful.

Edited by WydrA, 08 April 2014 - 06:14 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#120 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yeah- I wonder what they will have as an extra for the Wii U version.  I thought they would release it first to entice 3ds owners to get the Wii U.  

I'm kinda bouncing back and forth on this one aspect. On the one hand I think it would have been smarter to release the Wii U version first. But on the other hand this does give 3DS owners just enough time with their version to start craving some new stages and what not. My guess is that since the 3DS had an exclusive mode that the Wii U version will have something similar. 

You done goofed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!