Photo

What should Nintendo's online be called

online name network nintendo

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: What should Nintendo's online be called (31 member(s) have cast votes)

What should Nintendo's online network be called

1. Nintendo Universe (4 votes [12.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

2. U-Connect (3 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Nintendo Stream (6 votes [19.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

4. Nintendo Network (16 votes [51.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

5. Other (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

U-connect
heheheh

I love this name
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#82 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Ultra...connect?
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#83 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Universally...connect?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#84 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

So people have any favorite names? I see that U-connect and Universe seem to popular. We should take all the names and mini-poll them to see which is most popular.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#85 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

poll is up!!!!!!

Posted Image

#86 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Awesome!
I voted Nintendo Universe!

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#87 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think Nintendo may have decided that it's online system will be called Nintendo Network. The reason is because of this:
Posted Image
on the top coner you can see a logo that says Nintendo Network which was also used in Mario Kart 7.If you say it was not in Mario Kart 7 take a look at this:
Posted Image
They just didn't include the logo at the time.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#88 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

http://3dstribe.com/...do-network-3ds/

Just as Caius just pointed out, and I'd speculated earlier in the thread. NintendoNetwork.net's a brand new domain name they only just started using in Japan for the 3D photo contests on the 3DS, and now that we're seeing things like this, it's looking pretty clear that it's Nintendo Network.

Funny thing is, I actually saw some signs of this years ago. There used to be a rather well done Facebook app called Nintendo Network, which was a great place to collect and display your Nintendo games collection on your profile. It stopped updating, and then vanished suddenly without trace at least two years ago now. Odds are good that this was due to Nintendo licensing the name and thus having the app taken down then.

At any rate, there's another investors' meeting coming up on the 26th. There's always an event unveiling new games and software the day after - that's where we learned about Pandora's Tower and Kirby's Return to Dream Land last year. With the NintendoNetwork domain name now being used and this interesting little icon showing up in the Theatrhythm case, I wouldn't be surprised if the January 27th event included the official unveiling of Nintendo Network and its opening in at least Japan.

Hopefully this will include a full extension to the 3DS of a single username and profile with a standard accomplishment system in games starting with Theatrhythm and others onward - with patches and updates for already released games in time also ideal to boost their replay value further, ditto for connecting the StreetPass Mii Plaza's accomplishments to a profile and adding them to the other built-in games and applications - and lay the groundwork for a standard, consistent online Nintendo identity as their counterpart to the likes of PSN, Live, Steam, and all other online networks, as well as lead into a more social online setup for Nintendo fans with their 3DS and Wii U onward, perhaps with some online metagames to get addicted to and go online daily to play, much as the StreetPass games serve such a purpose for our local social networking via StreetPass. (As, in many capacities, my whole Miitropolis concept is pretty much its own ambitious social metagame to give people good reasons to go online daily. I'll finally be adding some more ideas and thoughts to that thread soon too.)

Anyway, it's going to be exciting to watch for new concrete news on just what Nintendo Network means. We've already seen Nintendo take a successful plunge into a strong online networking setup for Pokemon Black and White with Global Link and Dream World last year. If they can get Nintendo Network usernames issued - assuming they aren't directly tied into an expansion of Club Nintendo itself - and get as many users as possible online and hooked up to that in all regions as soon as possible with the addition of new social content, accomplishments for as many games as possible, and so on, and third parties just as involved, we could see one of Nintendo's biggest ongoing weaknesses finally turning into another strength.

As it stands, we've already seen the 3DS grow and evolve significantly in the near-10-months since launch outside of Japan. And we've known for over half a year now that this was going to be the year Nintendo finally took a serious plunge into online features, gameplay, and networking to eliminate one of the few remaining advantages of the competition, while taking their own approach, working with third parties. Things really are only going to get more interesting in the coming weeks and months. There's a tremendous amount that we've yet to learn. Exciting times.

#89 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

News!!!!!!!! Nintendo network will incorporate many features Nintendo hasn't used before and it is to be on par or higher than PSN and Xbox live

Posted Image

#90 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

What Link707 said. Nintendo Network may be the name for Nintendo's official online service for their online games.

Nintendo Network = Sony PSN = Xbox Live

I LIKE IT!

Edited by Joshua, 21 January 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#91 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

My only problem with that is that PS fanboys are probably scream that we stole the network (as in the name Playstation Network, Nintendo Network, see what I mean?) from PSN.

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 21 January 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#92 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

My only problem with that is that PS fanboys are probably scream that we stole the network (as in the name Playstation Network, Nintendo Network, see what I mean?) from PSN.

Not like it matters too much. And who knows, Nintendo might do it better than PSN. With them co-operating with EA and possibly Valve it leads me to believe that a major inspiration for "Nintendo Network" is Steam/Origin. That could possibly mean we'd get instantly changable user names, custom avatars and community groups which XBL and PSN don't have at the moment.

Posted Image

#93 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Not like it matters too much. And who knows, Nintendo might do it better than PSN. With them co-operating with EA and possibly Valve it leads me to believe that a major inspiration for "Nintendo Network" is Steam/Origin. That could possibly mean we'd get instantly changable user names, custom avatars and community groups which XBL and PSN don't have at the moment.

Community groups would be pretty sweet... Wii u forums group???

Posted Image

#94 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

That would be pretty awesome.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#95 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Also, this feature was planned for the 3DS but apparently didn't make it in in time. So it became MK7's community feature. I'm still hoping that it will make it into Wii U/3DS as a whole.

Posted Image

#96 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Everybody goto nintendonetwork.net!!!!!!

Posted Image

#97 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Everybody goto nintendonetwork.net!!!!!!

Awesome, it takes you to there official site, which means the name is basically confirmed.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#98 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yep, Nintendo has registered the domain name for nintendonetwork.net
Basically confirms it now.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#99 Tux

Tux

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yep, Nintendo has registered the domain name for nintendonetwork.net
Basically confirms it now.

Nintendonetwork.com also expires this year, although I'm sure the person who parked it will renew. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo scooped up that domain name.

Edited by Tux, 22 January 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#100 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

We shouldn't get too excited over Nintendo Network.

This article says that it is nothing more than Nintendo WFC:
http://mynintendonew...e-and-the-same/

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: online, name, network, nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!