Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't think it's a valid argument to say that because a few games work well with one circle pad, they wouldn't work better with two. And I believe that a lot of people didn't get the 3DS because they either thought it was "another DS" or thought it was a lot more like a DS than it actually is because of the misinformation kick started by the confusing name, but I guess no one knows definitively. I think that everyone is somewhere along the "fanboy scale" and that most people here are closer to being fanboys than to be impartial, in that they'd much prefer to ignore or pretend that their company's flaws and mistakes don't exist than to talk about them and how the problems could be fixed. I do think that most of the people that come here regularly are better at being impartial, but I still think that a large proportion of users here are fanboys - that's practically unovoidable on any gaming forum that focuses on one main company.

But you're acting like a second pad is required, when it really isn't at all, and they work just fine with one.

While that is true, I doubt that kept people that were interested from buying one.

If you were actually here or in the chat 90% of the time, you'd realize how greatly untrue that statement was. We've never said Nintendo didn't have any faults, and if they do, we do talk about them. And I'm not sure who the majority is, but I do not agree with that statement whatsoever.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#22 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

But you're acting like a second pad is required, when it really isn't at all, and they work just fine with one.

While that is true, I doubt that kept people that were interested from buying one.

If you were actually here or in the chat 90% of the time, you'd realize how greatly untrue that statement was. We've never said Nintendo didn't have any faults, and if they do, we do talk about them. And I'm not sure who the majority is, but I do not agree with that statement whatsoever.

Yeah. I've hated the idea of the Circle pad pro and that it's exclusive to gamestop, I hated the fact that Nintendo overpriced the 3DS (Regardless of this, I got my money's worth, but it was overpriced), and I hate Nintendo for taking forever to Localize Xenoblade. They ain't faultless, trust me. I love to get mad at everyone. It's just that besides the CCP, What can I get mad at Nintendo ATM?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yeah. I've hated the idea of the Circle pad pro and that it's exclusive to gamestop, I hated the fact that Nintendo overpriced the 3DS (Regardless of this, I got my money's worth, but it was overpriced), and I hate Nintendo for taking forever to Localize Xenoblade. They ain't faultless, trust me. I love to get mad at everyone. It's just that besides the CCP, What can I get mad at Nintendo ATM?

I'm sure he'll think of something. :P

GameZombie44.png

#24 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image
That's not even a ds lite. That's a DS.

This is one.

Posted Image

I accimedentally removed the line that Auzzie Wingman said; "You sir, have forgotten what the old DS' used to feel like."

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

I accimedentally removed the line that Auzzie Wingman said; "You sir, have forgotten what the old DS' used to feel like."

Oh!

#26 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

I didn't actually mean by "the 3DS needs a second circle pad" that it would be absolutely required for the 3DS to be a success, I was meaning that it'd be a good improvement - I should've worded that differently. I know Nintendo won't do anything about the name because it's too late and a second circle pad might never be fully integrated but there's no excuse for Nintendo not making the online way better, they owe it to all the early adopters who paid so much for the system.

#27 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

I didn't actually mean by "the 3DS needs a second circle pad" that it would be absolutely required for the 3DS to be a success, I was meaning that it'd be a good improvement - I should've worded that differently. I know Nintendo won't do anything about the name because it's too late and a second circle pad might never be fully integrated but there's no excuse for Nintendo not making the online way better, they owe it to all the early adopters who paid so much for the system.

I definitely think we're going to see that soon enough. Nintendo Network has already been announced and there's no way that Nintendo can get away with another generation of mediocre online. They will have to do everything that their competitors can do and more, and I think they know that. We'll probably see NN beginning to be implemented over the next few months, and then Nintendo will get really serious with it when Wii U launches.

Posted Image

#28 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Well, A: Yes, you should've.

And B: They are fixing their Internet with the Nintendo Network. Just give it a little more time.

GameZombie44.png

#29 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Wait just a minute here. Why are you comparing it to Motion Plus?

Huh?

You know there are Wiimotes with built-in Wii Motion Plus, right? Fact is, Nintendo is very much willing to produce tiered control schemes if they want or need to, regardless of whether or not current users approve of it.

#30 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Huh?

You know there are Wiimotes with built-in Wii Motion Plus, right? Fact is, Nintendo is very much willing to produce tiered control schemes if they want or need to, regardless of whether or not current users approve of it.

Yes. I know that. I own two of them. That wasn't my point. My point was that the comparison between the Circle Pad Pro and the Wii Motion Plus, and how it guarantees a 3DS redesign, has very little ground to stand on.

Edited by Andy, 12 February 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

:/

I never said anything about that guranteeing anything - I was just disputing the point that Nintendo would never do the opposite.

#32 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Why shouldn't nintendo add a second nub, as long as they offer alternate controls, it's all good. Besides people can always choose to buy one without the second nub.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds, second, stick, vita, dual, analog, circle pad pro, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!