Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Tomodachi Life is a game that kept me with a big hype for days, waiting to finally get it. Two days ago I finally got the money to download it from the e-shop, and as I finally started the thing I realized it wasn't what i was expecting at all, BUT, despite my mixed feelings about what i found, i overall think that I liked the game. Here's why:

First of all, the idea of using your own Mii and make it live along with your friends from different places, or social groups, your girlfriend, and ex girlfriends, your family, and even famous celebrities is something that gives a lot of points to this game, I really loved that and hooked me fondly to play through it all.

After a while I realized that you don't have much power over the Miis. More than playing Sims I felt like i had lots of virtual pets (Tamagotchis) all in one. That was kinda disappointing at the begining and started to feel like ''damn, i really payed 35 bucks for this?''. The game started to become repetitive and annoying, and I was a bit pissed for the bad decision i made of buying it... but that couldn't be it, there had to be something else, i mean, why everyone loved the game? I had to keep trying it. 

After the boredom I decided to just create lots of Islanders. Friends, family, celebrities, exgirlfriends, etc. Just lots of Miis to see what happens. I found myself completely lost and emmerged in the game, I just couldn't stop playing it, checking my 3DS every 5 minutes or less. I realized that the most level has an islander, the better are its requests, also the more problems you solve and the more islanders you create make new features, items appear. I ended up playing it the whole afternoon and evening till I went to sleep, and woke up the next morning to play it again as soon as I opened my eyes, yes, the game is addictive and I was having fun, and happy with it... my 35 bucks were worthy spent. 

The most challenging part was making my Mii and my girlfriend's fall in love. Since you don't have much control over the Islanders you pretty much must be lucky if they even talk to each other. It cost me a lot and took a lot of time but I finally got them in love (I say costed me cus the first time my Mii confesed his feelings she rejected him, and it depends on how you advice your Mii to do it). Anyway Im looking forward to let them get married and they might be the first couple to have a baby islander (yay!)... Although after them my cousin's 19 year old Mii  had a crush on Shaquille O'Neal's Mii :l

To sum things up. It's impossible to say that this game is bad... it's good, its not INCREDIBLE... but good in the end.

If I have to highlight negative points, I'd say that Nintendo missed out to do a ''sims'' syle of game that would have been WAY BETTER than the actual Sims. They made something that could have been MUCH better if only they had given more attention to some points like the leveling system or a much more detailed character creation to make different reactions in future events. Also more ways to make your islanders meet (in general, more power over the mii's), wider customization of your Island and last but not least... better and larger minigames. 

If there is any way to make this game better, is to take note of what i just said, among other things for Tomodachi Life 2. 

I recommend this game, A LOT, but I recommend the downloadable version, cus you must treat this game like a virtual pet and check on your island from time to time so you may wanna have it as an app while having a game cartridge of some other title on the go. 

To finish this, I have to say that I just have 3 days playing and that after what I've seen the game may get even better from now on, i don't know but it appears like I still have a lot to see on this game and Im just starting it.  Thanks for reading! 

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

I've acknowledged how it's so repetitive it is and i've put 60 hours into it.

Help me

794144.png?13383682

#3 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I think this game is one of the best releases this year. For me at least.

After playing the Move-In version demo, I was hooked, I went on the eShop at launch midnight and bought this game without a second thought. Played every single day since.

Bottom line is I LOVE TOMODACHI LIFE <3

#4 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

I very much enjoy the game myself. I keep adding friends and celebs as I go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds, tomodachi life, review, opninion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!